The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Underlurker bugged

Bioware can you please for the love of god fix the underlurker fight it is at this point unbeatable unless your heals can heal through red cross failings. Even when in the correct positions we are still failing the cross phases and cannot progress it worked fine until you patched it and now the fight is ridiculous.

I wont disagree that he's bugged, because that red cross srsly needs some fixing.

That said, you can reduce the amount of times the cross bugs out by making sure he doesn't do it near the edges where the terrain is more uneven. This means that people need to be proactive after his smash/roar and hurry towards the center so that they don't get jumped whilst being in the corner. As long as he does his cross in the middle of the room, it has yet to bug out for us.

However, it can still show up at different places for different people, which is nice. So when your raid leader screams they're standing outside the cross (but on correct side), they might be thinking their raid leader needs to put on his glasses again.

My guild haven't progressed past walkers in SoR HM yet, but as far as SM goes, it's not only Underlurker that is in need of a fix:

* 1st and 4th boss (and to some extent, last) can be done with half the team asleep.

* Walkers probably shouldn't force exact kill timing on SM difficulty, as this forces the entire raid to be on voice chat. Not a huge issue for guilds, but it effectively stops any and all pug groups of ever completing the encounter. Feels more like a HM mechanic.

* Revanite commanders is the most boring fight in the history of swtor. Only the last 30 seconds (when all are down at once) pose any kind of challenge. Yesterday our main tank started the encounter, then went and made himself a cup of tea. Granted, he's British, but that shouldn't be possible in a group on the border of being under geared.

Edited by cvak

i didn't notice anything bad or suspicious, we had once a red cross when one of the tanks, lagging, saw himself inside while he wasn't, boss at mid and all...do you down the adds? it's not like you can do it easily if you don't kill the adds before hiding..

Its doable killed it twice in HM this week and three times in SM.

You are aware you just called your guilds healers bad healers right? The point from OP is that the fight is unbeatable UNLESS your healers are good. No offense but I would assume that Zorz is able to beat it but Zorz is NOT the standard ;) With that taken in mind I kinda don't care that Zorz is able. I do care whether social guilds are able to beat it with the current bug.

Anyways ......

I don't know if this bit of information helps but yesterday we had several tries on this boss were when the cross turned green and some person(s) would get hit by 30k damage.

It was very much doable and after we made sure the maintank was punted away to the opposite side as the rest of us all went peachy.

It's not perfect and is a bit buggy, but it does work. Managed to clear it earlier with my guild this week. Few instances where it didn't work properly. Jumping helped a bit seemed to update positions a bit more effectively than just running. Could just be coincidence.

That said, you can reduce the amount of times the cross bugs out by making sure he doesn't do it near the edges where the terrain is more uneven. This means that people need to be proactive after his smash/roar and hurry towards the center so that they don't get jumped whilst being in the corner. As long as he does his cross in the middle of the room, it has yet to bug out for us.

As MT, I'd jump back to him as soon as I could and he would still (aggro'ed on me the whole time) jump back to where I had been and do the cross there. And no matter where we were (including towards the middle, the few times that did happen), we couldn't get a single green cross even if everyone was in position.

my raid group spent a total of 4 hours on this boss over the weekend (on SM). There are times where everyone was in the right zones, but still turned red. There are times where multiple people see the zones in different locations, causing it to turn red.

I do have a couple questions if anyone has an answer. If the cross turns green, and the adds are still up, do they automatically die? I ask because at one point in the fight, there was still an add up, we got a green cross and the add died.

We tried to replicate this for an hour, leaving the adds alive and then see what happens when we get a green. However, ever single time something bugged with the Cross,

I wont disagree that he's bugged, because that red cross srsly needs some fixing.

However, it can still show up at different places for different people, which is nice. So when your raid leader screams they're standing outside the cross (but on correct side), they might be thinking their raid leader needs to put on his glasses again.

My guild haven't progressed past walkers in SoR HM yet, but as far as SM goes, it's not only Underlurker that is in need of a fix:

* 1st and 4th boss (and to some extent, last) can be done with half the team asleep.

* Walkers probably shouldn't force exact kill timing on SM difficulty, as this forces the entire raid to be on voice chat. Not a huge issue for guilds, but it effectively stops any and all pug groups of ever completing the encounter. Feels more like a HM mechanic.

* Revanite commanders is the most boring fight in the history of swtor. Only the last 30 seconds (when all are down at once) pose any kind of challenge. Yesterday our main tank started the encounter, then went and made himself a cup of tea. Granted, he's British, but that shouldn't be possible in a group on the border of being under geared.

I've noticed the same thing in my runs, and have been focused on Ravagers HM so haven't done anything other than first boss in Temple on HM (which is very easy).

The mechanic of walkers killing everyone in the raid if not killed at the exact same time does seem to be excessive for SM, and the damage seems pretty high for SM as well (a lot is avoidable but especially in 16 with all the effects and ground clutter, can be difficult to spot and avoid every single damage ability).

The underlurker is just a poorly designed fight - again damage seems tuned a bit high for SM with a mechanic that doesn't work consistently and highlights the bugs this game has always had with the server / clients staying in sync.

After those two fights though, the commanders fight is a joke, simply dps whichever boss is down while killing adds, none of which seemed to do much damage compared to the previous fights.

The only explanation needed for this fight is 'kill stuff', not much more anyone needs to know.

The last fight is interesting and entertaining, though again from a challenge perspective is pretty underwhelming.

It does add back an element of 'don't stand in stupid' with the extra mechanic of 'knock adds off platform', but otherwise isn't a highly complex fight and doesn't seem to have a tight enrage.

There are now three threads on this fight, and not a word out of Bioware on it. Don't expect for a second for it to be fixed any time soon.

That's the thing that really annoys me. No word from BioWare. Eric, what's the deal?

Everyone is saying how hard they are. The point of SM OPs is to get the average player involved to experience them, and to get them through easily. It's pretty hard for that to happen when the some of the fights are so bugged that they cannot be completed.

Have a look at the underlurker, theoretically that's an easy fight; you kill some adds, hide behind a rock and get in a cross position. That's basic. Everyone can do that, but then it bugs out and you wipe. This should not be happening and BioWare should have addressed that by now.

There are now three threads on this fight, and not a word out of Bioware on it. Don't expect for a second for it to be fixed any time soon.

maybe there is no word because they are not considered to be broken

even if it is bugged, it's very easily killable especially on sm, and a good method for doing so has been documented several times in some of the other threads on this topic.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Welcome to Bug-Town ;) . Everywhere you go you'll encounter a Bug (or get Stuck in such stupid Places).

I got stuck in the Wall @Lurker right after the Pushback = Wipe. Once the Rock-animation showed @ X but Rock been dropped @ Y = Wipe.

Can list so much more Bug's ....but won't help any body,only wasting my Time.

Edited by ahzecklawd

• 3 weeks later...

Fight is still bugged, cross well done, none the less the raid recives the damage as it has failed, hide behind a rock and get killed by an invisible rock, adds and boss start doing damage as if the cross has failed, all ppl well positioned inside the cross and the cross fails.

Please spend a bit less time in cartel market design and atend the game breaking bugs.

Fight is still bugged, cross well done, none the less the raid recives the damage as it has failed, hide behind a rock and get killed by an invisible rock, adds and boss start doing damage as if the cross has failed, all ppl well positioned inside the cross and the cross fails.

Please spend a bit less time in cartel market design and atend the game breaking bugs.

first people should jump to register their position, epecially if they reach it at the last second. all the other stuff i had it playing on a laptop and not on a good machine..it may be that..

This fight is a buggy POS. It should be relatively easy (even in hardmode), but the bugs make it near impossible hardmode.

My raid group observed a very annoying thing last night.

Green cross. Everyone positioned correctly. Tank on back side killed by devastation. Combat log shows a 20k hit from Devastation. Before you scream "the tanks have to swap!"... The tanks are swapping. It's the backside tank getting the oneshot, not the front.

Ok fine, but... 2 things.

1) Green cross is supposed to be no damage.

2) 20k won't kill a topped off tank. (We suspect they are actually getting hit 3 times in rapid succession and the combat log doesn't show it)

Anyone else seeing something like this? If so, how do you deal with it? We just res him the first time it happens, but then it just happens again a couple of crosses later and it's just not possible with 1 down for any length of time...