The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pyro/Plasmatech still broken, any acknowledgement by Bioware?

Col_Wilson

Right, but can you firm that it's on a 3 second window? So if you were under constant fire, it would proc 5 times then? Hmm. More testing tomorrow then lol.

I think you're confusing Reflexive Armor with Electro Shield/Pyro Shield (Damage recoil while Reactive Shield/Energy Shield is up)

Reactive Shield should be able to tick up to 16 times with extremely perfect damage timing from the other guy, while Reflective Armor can (and does) always happen when being AoEd so long as the 3 second lockout has finished.

Best way to test if reflective armor is affected by alacrity: Get 5% alacrity through gear. Get a sorc to get 5% alacrity. Get sorc to channel forcequake on you. If the 4th tick of forcequake activates Into the Fray/Close and Personal, its affected by Alacrity. If not, then its not affected by alacrity.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, well I'm not too concerned about alacrity, but if it did work then that would be another perk that alacrity provides lol. I geuss my arguement would have been invalid without alacrity equipped, for flamethrower is a 3 second channel anyways, haha geez my bad.

The retributive damage from AOE attacks (every 3 seconds) still isn't high enough to warrant a utility point (1648), but situationally it would be another way to mildly enhance our defensive cooldown. I've noticed that the amount of damage reflective armor provides, does scale with your bonus damage.

I'm not confusing the two, I have seen pyro shield reflect consecutively against direct attacks, but not against dots. Thanks for pointing that out tho man.

Reflective Armor doesn't require Energy Shield to proc. I'm guessing your confusion comes from the fact that Close and Personal increases Energy Shield duration in addition to the heal proc. The two effects work separately from each other; they are two different effects that just happen to share a tooltip.

Reflective Armor would be way overpowered for a skillful utility in some situations if it didn't have the icd.

Edited by diadox

Reflective Armor doesn't require Energy Shield to proc. I'm guessing your confusion comes from the fact that Close and Personal increases Energy Shield duration in addidition to the heal proc. The two effects work separately from each other; they are two different effects that just happen to share a tooltip.

Reflective Armor would be way overpowered for a skillful utility in some situations if it didn't have the icd.

Haha, you're right, it would be too strong without a cooldown. Also, I was incorrect about reflective armor then. As a pvp'er, you tend to focus on immediate upfront utilities, and having a generic aoe retributive attack is something that totally slipped under my radar, for the few times I had the utility selected. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they couldn't find a way to fix KO/AR for Pyro/Plasma so they changed the way it worked... and nerfed it (along with some Pyro/Plasma damage abilities? Because apparently that was a problem -_-). Instead of the cooldown being reduced by 6 seconds every 1.5s you are attacked, which effectively made this about a 45 second cooldown under constant fire, they're making it a flat 30 second cooldown reduction. It went from ~45 seconds to 2.5 minutes.

Less damage, less survivability. Because Pyro/Plasma was soooooooo OP.

Looks like they couldn't find a way to fix KO/AR for Pyro/Plasma so they changed the way it worked... and nerfed it (along with some Pyro/Plasma damage abilities? Because apparently that was a problem -_-). Instead of the cooldown being reduced by 6 seconds every 1.5s you are attacked, which effectively made this about a 45 second cooldown under constant fire, they're making it a flat 30 second cooldown reduction. It went from ~45 seconds to 2.5 minutes.

Less damage, less survivability. Because Pyro/Plasma was soooooooo OP.

About only 3 people (cross-servers) played Pryo/Plasmatech, so instead of getting more people to play it they nerf it some more.

It was never 45seconds after 3.0. It was 3 minutes- so while the change is not ideal- it is obviously meant as a quick fix because the DEVs are looking just looking for more ways to nerf every class to make inquisitors more appealing.

First they remove Full Auto- now they're nerfing shoulder cannon to the point where it's almost- completely- useless and they're also reducing the damage of shockstrike and firepulse. Is there even a reason to having shockstrike anymore since the base dmg is being nerfed and bonus dmg to burning targets is being removed all together?

2xXP weekend is coming. Might as well reroll an assassin. Nice work Bioware.

And whats worse about the new plasmatech changes is that there is still no word of a fix(not that I have seen anyways) for Ionized ignition (plasma cell dot spread on Explosive surge) so the new change to Rain of Fire (Rain of Fire has been redesigned: Pulse Cannon now deals 10% additional damage to burning targets.) is even less appealing.

You all have to remember that any press is good press, especially the bad. Does Bioware know what they're doing? Yes. Do they know we're upset? Haha...yes. They're thriving on it.

I could care less about these changes. I'll still solo que my PT and complete my ranked dailies.

Edited by DethlaHadyn

I feel for the plasma spec, I really hoped that they would fix this.

Instead the devs wrecked it completely.

When an read the plasmatech changes, my first thought was, "they've got to be trolling us.."

I was one of the few who played it in PVP...I guess after 3.1.1 I'll be the only one.

I was one of the few who played it in PVP...I guess after 3.1.1 I'll be the only one.

Regs? I never seen you on teh yoloscene. No matter, I think if the moon and the stars line up, pyro might stand a chance in group ranked, with an overpowered team to carry them. Haha getting the other teams to line up for this new 10% lulzbuff on flamethrower, still won't be enough.

Regs? I never seen you on teh yoloscene. No matter, I think if the moon and the stars line up, pyro might stand a chance in group ranked, with an overpowered team to carry them. Haha getting the other teams to line up for this new 10% lulzbuff on flamethrower, still won't be enough.

I don't play ranked for 2 reasons. 1: I don't like arena, 2: I don't like fotm.

That's why I'll keep playing Pyro.