Updated Patch Notes Please

itsmymillertime

Does the Dreadseed stuff only affect the chest or the entire set?

I don't think it affects the chest itself, just the lockbox it comes in.

Though I have to wonder what the reason for this change is and why it was kept from the patch notes. Is there something special about the lockboxes themselves being legacy if the armor that comes in them is legacy too?

Though I have to wonder what the reason for this change is and why it was kept from the patch notes. Is there something special about the lockboxes themselves being legacy if the armor that comes in them is legacy too?

I only ask cause I have 3 pairs of dreadseed boots and I'll be sad it those arn't legacy anymore...

Yep, it was possible to do item duplication.

The lockboxes listed below no longer Bind on Legacy. Lockboxes currently stored in a Legacy Cargo Holds will remain Bound to Legacy until removed, and then they will bind to the character that removes them.

Imperial Battle Ace Pilot Suit

Imperial Covert Pilot Suit

Republic Experimental Pilot Suit

Well, this isn't good news lol. I was storing the armor sets on one of my characters, now every box is probably locked to that character.

Does that mean the armor inside is no longer legacy as well?

I see the posts above. I will be fine with the idea of it being locked to particular character if the armor remains legacy bound.

Edited by LordArtemis

Ok, that is fine then. I am fine with the containers being locked to some as long as the gear remains Legacy as it was originally.

There was an exploit (which I will not go into details) concerning item duplication using BoL boxes. But as explained only the boxes have changed, the gear is still very much BoL.

Also my Furious PvP set is still BoL.

Edited by znihilist

Well, this isn't good news lol. I was storing the armor sets on one of my characters, now every box is probably locked to that character.

I find the mental image of one character stuck with 20 sets of imperial pilot armor and nothing to do with them, with a face of mixed rage and incredulity, rather humorous.

I find the mental image of one character stuck with 20 sets of imperial pilot armor and nothing to do with them, with a face of mixed rage and incredulity, rather humorous.

Yes, I have one character with all of the bonus sets of armor boxes stored. That is fine, because he can still open the box, drop the gear in legacy storage for any character to use.

I don't mind not being able to move the box. Luckily for me I put all of the boxes on this one storage character instead of keeping them on the original characters.

I don't see any notes that say the fixed the lag on all planets I just see they upped population for Yavin and the new zones...

fix the lag already

Are you sure you read the notes:

Updated the population limits for Rishi, Yavin 4, and the SOLO-Mode Flashpoints in order to address performance issues.

Will that fix the lag on say Hoth or Voss...I've never even been to a expansion zone on any of my 8 characters as I am levelling them all at the same time...(1 planet of one then the next etc)

and I've never had an issue until 3.0 with lag and its made it unplayable...that note seems to indicate it fixed it for new zones not all zones.

I have not checked but the gear is still legacy bound, just the box isn't.

I have no idea how this could have been done, but couldn't they have figured out some better way to solve this than making a box with legacy bound gear inside bind to character? It's not like the sets can be vendored, and in the case of the GSF pilot suits you get a new one for free every time you create a new character anyway. This just makes it more of a pain to store any sets you haven't already unpacked, since now they're scattered around on all your alts, or bound to one of them.

How exactly was having the boxes BoL causing a problem?

Edited by Heezdedjim

I have no idea how this could have been done, but couldn't they have figured out some better way to solve this than making a box with legacy bound gear inside bind to character? It's not like the sets can be vendored, and in the case of the GSF pilot suits you get a new one for free every time you create a new character anyway. This just makes it more of a pain to store any sets you haven't already unpacked, since now they're scattered around on all your alts, or bound to one of them.

How exactly was having the boxes BoL causing a problem?

1. Open box.
  2. Remove all items inside except one.
  3. Close box.
  4. Place box in legacy storage.
  5. Log in to another alt and pick the said box and open it, and voila all items are inside again.
  6. Repeat from 2.

1. Open box.
  3. Close box.
  5. Log in to another alt and pick the said box and open it, and voila all items are inside again.
  6. Repeat from 2.

So instead of fixing the problem they just swept it under the rug, along with a bunch of crufty, wonky code, that probably is going to come back to bite them in the *** again when they least expect it. Seems legit.

1. Open box.
  3. Close box.
  6. Repeat from 2.

Why on earth would anyone do that, when a brand new toon gets 4 sets of BoL gear from the start?! That's so dumb.

1. Open box.
  3. Close box.
  6. Repeat from 2.

So there are some people with a legion of undeserved furious weapons and armour sets? Ty for explaining, and ty BW for the fix.

Huh, weird bug... And it's weird that they think that the sets that we get free in the mail on every new character need to be included in the "fix". (It also bugs me that only 3 of the 4 free sets were "fixed". So there's 1 box that's still free to move around wherever while the other 3 boxes are stuck wherever they were stored away.)