We have a right to complain. Staggered release ruins some peoples game experiences.

MercArcher

calm down you'll get to play?

its hilarious even the comments on facebook are being overwhelmed by people who think they deserve something. You paid so did everyone else..Your not royalty.

Phil collins didn't get first he got Two Worlds....:rolleyes:

Edited by Anthemofdeath

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

@ the OP:

I'm not 100% sure, but I would guess that people who really want "server firsts" are in the minority for this game - and to be frank, BW probably placed "allow everyone the chance at a server first" way behind "have the smoothest launch possible" in their priority list.

From what I know..the truly competitive take it upon themselves to be that way.

They read all there is to read..and form a strategy from that.

Day 1 of pre-orders...When you enter your codes determines when you get in.

Now..I would assume that people who really wanted that "First" title...would have jumped on it and ran.

Why is it up to Bioware to make you competitive when you had the information all along?

Be proactive.

The truly competitive are out playing contact sports.

We do have a right to complain.

If you promise something your word should be good as gold.

When My son and I ordered. the order pate said we would get 30 days early access if we paid now.

So out went our $300 for two copies. Now we see 5 days MAYBE!.

So where is Biowares word now ... in the trash. We kicked out $300 so we would get 30 days early access and now Bioware says nope maybe 5 days at best.

Why?

I played in two of their beta tests and the game played better that WoW does after 7 plus years.

Whats the hold up Bioware?

As for some first day buyers not getting an invite now and some really late buyers getting access now I guess it's who youre friends with not when you buy.

Normally I don't write to posts but when I've been lied to so someone can get my cash earlier then I'm going to complain.

YES WE HAVE A RIGHT TO COMPLAIN.

You got my early cash and promised early access. I kept my word why can't you keep yours????:mad:

were in gods name did you buy this magical access???

Staggered release was not public knowledge till far after pre-orderes were opened up. And we were promised a grace period by Bioware only to have it removed a week ago.

http://i41.tinypic.com/jj3cq9.png

http://i43.tinypic.com/n6u6ww.png

They never promised every preorder 5 days of early access - so expecting to clear Eternity Vault was a poorly planned expectation. If you really wanted it, you should've preordered as early as possible to enter your code.

I can't disagree on the grace period part - though 9 days would've been a bit much to expect.

Some people such as myself like to go for server/world firsts. By staggering release you are ruining that part of the game for me. There is absolutely no way I will be able to get server first 50, and my personal goal of clearing Eternity Vault before head start ends is looking like less and less of a possibility.

I laughed out loud. Not lol'd. I ACTUALLY laughed audibly when I read this.

Actually the biggest issue is that there are people level 25+ already due to them being able to join empty WarZones, the game ending after 120 seconds and them still getting Exp/Credits/Commendation.

This will not exist when the real population enters the game, and thus these Day 1 players are getting an unfair advantage over the rest of the playerbase.

Release is not staggered.

Early access is.

Tough luck, you should've preordered earlier.

When people start playing the game and won't have their characters removed, it's release.

No matter how many ways people try to twist it.

Actually the biggest issue is that there are people level 25+ already due to them being able to join empty WarZones, the game ending after 120 seconds and them still getting Exp/Credits/Commendation.

This will not exist when the real population enters the game, and thus these Day 1 players are getting an unfair advantage over the rest of the playerbase.

That is the devs present to their friends who they let in on the first day.

Well I'm not in yet and I preordered a long time ago. When it happens I'll be happy. However I don't feel the need to rant or rage at bioware. Instead I'm just enjoying reading the forums and listening to what others are doing in game atm N stuff. I didn't think early access would start till the 15th anyways so... gonna make a sammich and grab some chips.

Release is not staggered.

Early access is.

Tough luck, you should've preordered earlier.

That's silly. If I knew that head start would be like this, I might have. But I wasn't even sure I was going to get this game at that point. I get punished for that?

This is terrible, especially after you clearly missed out on the first of the world firsts! Do we know who got the world first "Pre-order a copy of SWtor"? Cause it wasn't OP. I mean, they didn't even rank in the worlds 500k first people to buy it.

Clearly EA is insensitive to your enthusiasm. I imagine they are at fault for not releasing the opportunity for you to pre-order at the same time as everyone that got in too. Bunch of jerks.

Completely unrelated story, I arrived at the theatre to see the remastered version of empire very early, and I remember seeing the people that got there 5 minutes before the movie start complaining and griping because they weren't at the front of the line, and I thought it was hilarious. And then when they started throwing a hissy fit at the theatre employees about how they couldnt all sit together and that they were huge fans who were waiting sooooo long to see the movie, that evil gremlin that lives in the back of my mind was practically screaming with pleasure. Just sayin.

I don't have access yet either. Thank goodness for all this entertainment on the forums.

Some people such as myself like to go for server/world firsts. By staggering release you are ruining that part of the game for me. There is absolutely no way I will be able to get server first 50, and my personal goal of clearing Eternity Vault before head start ends is looking like less and less of a possibility.

Combine that with the lack of a grace period (and my online pre-order not scheduled to be delivered till the 29th with rushed shipping) and I will be forced to ignore my goal of server/world firsts or pay out an extra $60 for a standard edition while my CE ships.

Just because it doesn't affect the way you play doesn't mean other people are completely screwed.

Kinda curious, how will you know your the first to 50? When I was in beta, they had no achievement system. So other than doing a /who 50.... how are you going to know?

I think they had to weigh up a few big calls, a smooth launch thats playable but will annoy some players, or a full on launch that includes everyone but is potentially not as smooth.

It was one move that either way someone was going to get annoyed,

Combine that with the lack of a grace period (and my online pre-order not scheduled to be delivered till the 29th with rushed shipping) and I will be forced to ignore my goal of server/world firsts or pay out an extra $60 for a standard edition while my CE ships.

Just because it doesn't affect the way you play doesn't mean other people are completely screwed.

I love how people make fun of these little things the players look forward to by telling you to get a grip and so on. We have the right to feel cheated from these things, cause we were. I am feeling you on this, I think the message they are sending that money is the only thing they plan on respecting is just insulting. Think I will call bioware SOE JR from now on.

Greetings, everyone. We already have a discussion thread dedicated to talking about invite waves. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the discussion thread here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=6488

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the existing thread, so we can keep the conversation a little better consolidated. Thank you!