I am just gonna say it.... I love the PVP in this game!

Malckiah

I know alot of people say it doesn't this and it doesn't that....yada yada, but I reaaally enjoy the pvp in this game....More than ever since 3.0 hit. I guess they have balanced the classes pretty darn good. I mean ofcourse there are always those 1 or 2 classes that appear to be better, but its pretty awesome right now.

I have been able, even at low lvl pvp gear for a level 60, and have huge battles with other players that can last up to 10 minutes without me dying. Not to say that I am awesome, cause I am only good.... but that I dont just run out there and die right away is nice. I actually have time to react to someone attacking me and defend myself... or in my case instantly go on the offensive and hopefully smash them to pieces.

lol.... anyway, its just really nice to truly feel like I am battling in a warzone and have a chance to epic..... and in this game I feel pretty epic.

Thanks for reading or not..... comments are always appreciated. 8)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has its moments. :p

I for one started to PvP on a far more regular basis, every since Strongholds was released, mostly so I could buy the crates and soldiers, in addition to the flags.

I am fully stocked right now on Imperial and Republic soldiers, in addition to Republic and Imperial crates; Halway, concerning the stacked ones.

I only wish they'd add some more of value eventually but right now, it doesn't seem terribly likely. Also, Imperials rule when it comes to PvP'ing but Pubs have all the heart.

:rak_03:

I pvp to get pvp gear, but I don't enjoy it. There are still gross problems with class balancing. But even worse is the total lack of matchmaking. The net result is usually a tedious face-roll one way or the other with no excitement, drama, or fun.

Sooner or later someone will put some resources into a pvp game and make a good one.

I know alot of people say it doesn't this and it doesn't that....yada yada, but I reaaally enjoy the pvp in this game....More than ever since 3.0 hit. I guess they have balanced the classes pretty darn good. I mean ofcourse there are always those 1 or 2 classes that appear to be better, but its pretty awesome right now.

I have been able, even at low lvl pvp gear for a level 60, and have huge battles with other players that can last up to 10 minutes without me dying. Not to say that I am awesome, cause I am only good.... but that I dont just run out there and die right away is nice. I actually have time to react to someone attacking me and defend myself... or in my case instantly go on the offensive and hopefully smash them to pieces.

lol.... anyway, its just really nice to truly feel like I am battling in a warzone and have a chance to epic..... and in this game I feel pretty epic.

I too found it to be fun because unlike other games, you don't have to worry about thirty versus one when you're trying to pick flowers thanks to the warzones. It got boring for me due to the repetitiveness and also due to me being a PvE'r at heart, but yes, it is pretty funsies! :D

I pvp to get pvp gear, but I don't enjoy it. There are still gross problems with class balancing. But even worse is the total lack of matchmaking. The net result is usually a tedious face-roll one way or the other with no excitement, drama, or fun.

Sooner or later someone will put some resources into a pvp game and make a good one.

Why would you want PvP gear if you don't enjoy PvP? :confused:

I think they need to fix the tiers. Being Lvl 30 and getting mauled by Lvl 58 is kinda bad.

Perhaps 10-40 in one tier 41-59 in another and the 60s all to themselves. Other than that i love doing the WZs, usually always fun.

^ Literally my only problem with PvP right now.

PvP is indeed nice but when you hit the lvl cap and get ganked by others well geared players or keep being stun ganked.

You haven't played a long time at level cap PvP? The gear buffs make it quite playable, even with completely crappy gear. Sure, Stun Wars is still somewhat of an issue, but I guess I have learned to live with it.

I really would like to see more huttball maps, and then a huttball league, instead of the current quite boring ranked matches which are just arena. Huttball is the main reason I keep playing SWTOR!

sorc/sage or assassin/shadow as they are op. Mark my words.

This. I just hit 60 and the other day so I haven't been able to get my new Expertise set yet, but my deception assassin pretty much destroys everything.

Very surprised by the lack of negativity in this thread, last time I saw a PvP thread on this forum is was flamed to death.

Edited by NeroTethras

I really would like to see more huttball maps, and then a huttball league, instead of the current quite boring ranked matches which are just arena. Huttball is the main reason I keep playing SWTOR!

PLEASE WHAT DRUDEN SAID!

PLEEEEEEEEEEZ?:D

Seriously, though, I would pay CC for the ability to play in a Huttball league.

^ BW Employee :D

I love PVP n this game to. I play it every day I'm on and I find it very enjoyable to do. I like to play my SS Gunslinger/Arsenal Merc and Sage Healer the most in WZ's. I think most of the classes are fun to play, although I've never tried Marauder before, so I'll have to give it a go to see how it is. To me, PVP is the the most challenging and rewarding thing in the game. It feels great when you win because it takes teamwork and skill. I enjoy pve content to, but PVP is my favorite thing in this game to do and will be for a long time to come.

You haven't played a long time at level cap PvP? The gear buffs make it quite playable, even with completely crappy gear. Sure, Stun Wars is still somewhat of an issue, but I guess I have learned to live with it.

Exactly what I was saying ;)

PvP is fun but would be much more if they fix the current issues.

A) Gear has a too big impact on combat at level cap as you have to keep being facerolled until you also have the comms to buy gear and the creds to aug it. I.e.: you have to bend over for some time until you are now able to play.

Then when you are the one geared against people not, you are the one ganking them. Personally I don't find this fun on whatever side of the ganking you are ;)

B) STUN WARS. As you're saying you get used to it. It does not mean it's fun at all.

I don't get how you could design a game in which too much of the game play is to remove the mouse and keyboard from the player and have them sit and watch their character being killed.

C) Hutball.... I love that game and do think they should made and eSport out of this. Althbough it brings us to a big issue: you can't queue to the WZ you like. Of should I say you are "forced" to queue for content you don't like. For example there are some very specific scenarios that I /quit immediately after landing in them. BioWare makes me srcew others and piss me off, every time.

D) No ruleset in WZ and matchmaking not helping. Ranked WZ should have rules, like limiting specific roles/classes. Gear stats should be handled by the server with choice of gear sets: tis about skill isn't it?

E) Lack of enough tiers. Boosting stats doesn't leverage PvP some skills you get at higher level do a tremendeous difference. For example I don't count anymore the times I made my team win in Hutball with the sage pull skill only and you get it at 41ish...

F) Lack of world PvP... WZ gets boring in the end.

Edited by Deewe

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.