Revan almost made it too Canon

Atlanis

And if it happened, then it would have completely nullified any of his KOTOR personality because as he describes he would have existed as a dark side ghost, not a light side one, thus negating anything of him being the "good" guy people believe he is.

And considering the number of people that falsely believe Revan's character was ruined by the SoR plot line, when he was completely in character, I can just imagine how much raging would have happened if revan's whole light side experience was completely made non-canon even in the EU.

Edited by Silverspar

And if it happened, then it would have completely nullified any of his KOTOR personality because as he describes he would have existed as a dark side ghost, not a light side one, thus negating anything of him being the "good" guy people believe he is.

And considering the number of people that falsely believe Revan's character was ruined by the SoR plot line, when he was completely in character, I can just imagine how much raging would have happened if revan's whole light side experience was completely made non-canon even in the EU.

You are right but who cares?

I wanna see the cut content anyway,out of sheer all consuming curiosity.

I don't know about that. Revan was always a character in conflict. I THINK what we see is this (though I may be reading to much into it. Revan, during his time of imprisonment, essentially became a split personality. I mean seriously...kept alive via Sith Alchemy with a direct mental link to the Emperor? That could shatter the strongest willed person. So once he was freed, his "light side" personality (likely the submissive personality) spun himself off into a light side ghost in order to preserve itself and hopefully influence events against the plans of his darker and more dominant personality. Make sense?

What is this even supposed to mean? Revan didn't have a KOTOR personality, Revan was whatever the player made them in their game within the confines of the choices offered. Revan never received a real personality until the Revan novel and release of TOR, which didn't happen until months after that episode aired.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ghosts_of_Mortis

February 11th, 2011

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Old_Republic:_Revan

November 15th, 2011

Edited by dcaleb

What is this even supposed to mean? Revan didn't have a KOTOR personality, Revan was whatever the player made them in their game within the confines of the choices offered. Revan never received a real personality until the Revan novel and release of TOR, which didn't happen until months after that episode aired.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ghosts_of_Mortis

February 11th, 2011

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Old_Republic:_Revan

November 15th, 2011

What it means is that the Revan people know from KOTOR and SWTOR, as well as the novels, would have been basically non-existent, as the character would have never become redeemed and would still have been a Sith Lord. It's not hard to fathom, and in fact it's not even hard to understand, but if they showed Darth Revan as a Force ghost, then it would have solidified that Revan was never redeemed and thus KOTOR would never have happened.

I don't know about that. Revan was always a character in conflict. I THINK what we see is this (though I may be reading to much into it. Revan, during his time of imprisonment, essentially became a split personality. I mean seriously...kept alive via Sith Alchemy with a direct mental link to the Emperor? That could shatter the strongest willed person. So once he was freed, his "light side" personality (likely the submissive personality) spun himself off into a light side ghost in order to preserve itself and hopefully influence events against the plans of his darker and more dominant personality. Make sense?

You haven't done the SOR content or at least not the Republic side of it.

Revan admits point blankly he was mad, and that his madness nearly drove him to committing genocide, and only at the moment of his death did he realize his hubris.

What it means is that the Revan people know from KOTOR and SWTOR, as well as the novels, would have been basically non-existent, as the character would have never become redeemed and would still have been a Sith Lord. It's not hard to fathom, and in fact it's not even hard to understand, but if they showed Darth Revan as a Force ghost, then it would have solidified that Revan was never redeemed and thus KOTOR would never have happened.

Like I pointed out, Mortis predates that Revan so it would have been impossible for it to contradict that characterization because it didn't exist yet. And at the end of his appearance in the original TOR he was a genocidal maniac anyway so him appearing as an evil person wouldn't contradict it anyway. And even in SoR he has demonstrated he can have some crazy psychotic breakdown that literally splits his soul in half so it still wouldn't contradict anything for an evil Revan to be around advising The Son.

You haven't done the SOR content or at least not the Republic side of it.

Revan admits point blankly he was mad, and that his madness nearly drove him to committing genocide, and only at the moment of his death did he realize his hubris.

I did complete it.

The thing is he is clearly not physically dead. Yes my Consular encounters his Force Ghost in the lead up to the final battle on Yavin IV. At the same time it is also clearly physically him that I fight in the final battle. There are different kinds of death for Jedi. You can chose to not become one with the Force and remain a Force Ghost. So when he speaks of his death he can easily be talking about the "light side" personality. I have just filled in a blank with a theory. Since the mechanism of the "death" that created the force ghost in unknown, I think it possible he willed it upon himself so he could be free of his darker half.

Edited by Ghisallo

The body you fight should, by all rights, be dead. Revan's dark side is keeping the corpse moving through the same technique Sion used in KOTOR 2. That is why when they combined back into one the body died instead of staying alive, 'balanced' Revan just doesn't have the kind of hatred needed to keep that technique going.

Like I pointed out, Mortis predates that Revan so it would have been impossible for it to contradict that characterization because it didn't exist yet. And at the end of his appearance in the original TOR he was a genocidal maniac anyway so him appearing as an evil person wouldn't contradict it anyway. And even in SoR he has demonstrated he can have some crazy psychotic breakdown that literally splits his soul in half so it still wouldn't contradict anything for an evil Revan to be around advising The Son.

Actually it would given the ending of SOR because if Revan appeared in Clone Wars (aka 3000 years from TOR) as Darth Revan (aka a dark side Force ghost) then all of this would have basically been rendered invalid even in the EU standard, since the EU claims to try to keep pace with the movies lore.