Highest dps discipline

Projawa

On a dummy yes. On any fight which looks like a dummy fight then yes as well.

This exactly means:

1 target

No interruptions

Other classes can and will bury IO if they can attack multiple targets or if the fight is too complicated for IO to concentrate.

Been too long since I've parsed, but based on the following, its a toss up atm.

Arsenal's opening rotation pulls of my tanks almost 100% of the time now. That more a tanking/agro issue in 3.0 then me, but still.

Innovative Ordinance's burns and bleeds seem to pull off of tanks later in fights. Still isnt that the DPS is lower then Arsenal's, but that spamming Blazing Bolts and having it crit a ton getting the attention of bosses faster..

Here another way to put into based on damage ranges on both specs. My merc is in 186 armor/weapons, 192/ earpiece and 186/178 implants, and 178 relics. Only relics and weapons are augmented with 178 augs currently.

Arsenal: Blazing Bolts does 7650-9765 weapon damage (tooltip) over the channel; I get 3350-3750 damage Crits during the channel, and then channel almost always Crits every shot. Priming Shot hit from 3450-4125 damage (tooltip); Average Crit is 6500-ish. Heartseekers are hitting for 9100-11000 on Crits.

Inno Ord: Mag Shot hits for 4165-5145 weapon damage (tooltip), and I've had Crits from 8600 to 11000 on relic procs. Thernal Deto crits for 7400-9500, Power shots are in the 3500-4250 range on Crits, the new execute phase Missile Blast crits for 5500-7200 when proced.

Overall, I feel Inno does more damage, but Arsenal blow it away in the burst department, with good sustained to back the burst up. They are slightly the same, but I bet Inno takes the prize, if just barely

Been too long since I've parsed, but based on the following, its a toss up atm.

Arsenal's opening rotation pulls of my tanks almost 100% of the time now. That more a tanking/agro issue in 3.0 then me, but still.

Innovative Ordinance's burns and bleeds seem to pull off of tanks later in fights. Still isnt that the DPS is lower then Arsenal's, but that spamming Blazing Bolts and having it crit a ton getting the attention of bosses faster..

Here another way to put into based on damage ranges on both specs. My merc is in 186 armor/weapons, 192/ earpiece and 186/178 implants, and 178 relics. Only relics and weapons are augmented with 178 augs currently.

Arsenal: Blazing Bolts does 7650-9765 weapon damage (tooltip) over the channel; I get 3350-3750 damage Crits during the channel, and then channel almost always Crits every shot. Priming Shot hit from 3450-4125 damage (tooltip); Average Crit is 6500-ish. Heartseekers are hitting for 9100-11000 on Crits.

Inno Ord: Mag Shot hits for 4165-5145 weapon damage (tooltip), and I've had Crits from 8600 to 11000 on relic procs. Thernal Deto crits for 7400-9500, Power shots are in the 3500-4250 range on Crits, the new execute phase Missile Blast crits for 5500-7200 when proced.

Overall, I feel Inno does more damage, but Arsenal blow it away in the burst department, with good sustained to back the burst up. They are slightly the same, but I bet Inno takes the prize, if just barely

Nothing to do with 3.0 mechanics, it has to do with your having disgustingly horrible tanks on your team. If the tank is competent nobody will pull more aggro than them.

That said, OP, go with Arsenal. It is Sorcs Bane, all these people who whine about sorcs, they never comprehend how amazing Arsenal/Gunnery is. For PVP it is by far the best spec to use.

Ditch IO/AS, if you want PVP that skill tree will annihilate any chances of making it beyond 700k DPS/game.

Nothing to do with 3.0 mechanics, it has to do with your having disgustingly horrible tanks on your team. If the tank is competent nobody will pull more aggro than them.

That said, OP, go with Arsenal. It is Sorcs Bane, all these people who whine about sorcs, they never comprehend how amazing Arsenal/Gunnery is. For PVP it is by far the best spec to use.

Ditch IO/AS, if you want PVP that skill tree will annihilate any chances of making it beyond 700k DPS/game.

I'd sell my firstborn son for 700k DPS

On a dummy yes. On any fight which looks like a dummy fight then yes as well.

This exactly means:

1 target

No interruptions

Other classes can and will bury IO if they can attack multiple targets or if the fight is too complicated for IO to concentrate.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. Yes, having to pull completely off the boss and take care of adds is a major 'there goes my dps' situation, but there are plenty of fights where I don't need to do this. A target change from one boss to another every 30 secs or so doesn't seem to be an issue at all.

With burn/bleed spreads and hail of bolts proc, as long as adds are pulled to boss, we can put up some awesome aoe/single target numbers and continue our killer single target focus.

We are also INCREDIBLY mobile now and in boss fights like ravagers 2/5 I can continue my normal rotation, for the most, part even during barrage.

One thing for sure though is that the learning curve for Assault/IO is much larger than any spec I've played thus far in the game. If you make a mistake in your rotation it is very difficult to correct it without multiple GCDs, but mistakes will be less and less as both boss mechanics and rotation become second nature. Right now with progression and learning a new rotation, it is easy for a boss mechanic to screw up my rotation every once in awhile. When I get on my Vanguard DPS after running Assault for an hour my brain gets bored. It has nothing to do.

All in all i absolutely LOVE assault/IO, but yes, it could be more flexible.

What's the biggest difference in the actual rotation between arsenal vs I/O rotation.

Biggest difference is that arsenal is really lenient on heat management, whereas IO is completely the opposite. This means that the arsenal rotation can change depending on the fight you are in, but it won't really hamper your dps since heat management is literally nonexistent.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. Yes, having to pull completely off the boss and take care of adds is a major 'there goes my dps' situation, but there are plenty of fights where I don't need to do this. A target change from one boss to another every 30 secs or so doesn't seem to be an issue at all.

With burn/bleed spreads and hail of bolts proc, as long as adds are pulled to boss, we can put up some awesome aoe/single target numbers and continue our killer single target focus.

We are also INCREDIBLY mobile now and in boss fights like ravagers 2/5 I can continue my normal rotation, for the most, part even during barrage.

One thing for sure though is that the learning curve for Assault/IO is much larger than any spec I've played thus far in the game. If you make a mistake in your rotation it is very difficult to correct it without multiple GCDs, but mistakes will be less and less as both boss mechanics and rotation become second nature. Right now with progression and learning a new rotation, it is easy for a boss mechanic to screw up my rotation every once in awhile. When I get on my Vanguard DPS after running Assault for an hour my brain gets bored. It has nothing to do.

All in all i absolutely LOVE assault/IO, but yes, it could be more flexible.

The learning curve for IO is almost as much as carnage 2.0