The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jakkaro faulty mechanic in Rakata Prime 60 HM

Jakkaro is able to receive the Darok's blade debuff in the final fight and because of his AI tendencies he does not leave his target and ends up killing whoever else receives Darok's Blade when they are pulled. Because Jakkaro is able to be targeted it has caused many wipes for me and others in my guild. Is this intentional or is it a problem you intend to fix?

I have done that. Jakaro having the area like 4 times in a row. No one died, not the dps who got away, not the healer, not me the tank (and I stood on area because I was too focused on keeping aggro. Gotta say hardly a scratch). That area is why the Reppie must fall first. That and because he can't be tanked.

I have done that. Jakaro having the area like 4 times in a row. No one died, not the dps who got away, not the healer, not me the tank (and I stood on area because I was too focused on keeping aggro. Gotta say hardly a scratch). That area is why the Reppie must fall first. That and because he can't be tanked.

The double aoe attack is a 0 damage kill however, so you were lucky in that department and they didn't collide. If Jakarro gets the aoe, the only way to be sure that no one dies, is that no melee dps or tank stays on the same target he is on. If Darok and Arkous are both in the same spot, you might as well leave the area until the next aoe comes to avoid death.

• 2 weeks later...

First run and no wipe.

I like that Jakarro gets a circle as well. That gives a bit unpredictability to the fight and I really enjoyed it.

Btw, even if you get pulled the circles don't appear instantly after the pull, so you still have time to run away. I don't see why it's a problem. HM is supposed to be a challenge :cool:

First run and no wipe.

I like that Jakarro gets a circle as well. That gives a bit unpredictability to the fight and I really enjoyed it.

Btw, even if you get pulled the circles don't appear instantly after the pull, so you still have time to run away. I don't see why it's a problem. HM is supposed to be a challenge :cool:

Except for when you get pulled while both circles are out and get pulled right on top of Jakarro, unavoidable and completely random

I don't think its a mechanic that's really going to wipe groups, at most I've seen him randomly get 1 person killed, quick b rez and everything's fine.

That's said, it just introduces dumb RNG into the fight that for the most part is out of the player's control, and doesn't really make things more fun in any way. They should have it so Jakarro isn't targetable by the blue circle.

I don't think its a mechanic that's really going to wipe groups, at most I've seen him randomly get 1 person killed, quick b rez and everything's fine.

That's said, it just introduces dumb RNG into the fight that for the most part is out of the player's control, and doesn't really make things more fun in any way. They should have it so Jakarro isn't targetable by the blue circle.

No quick b rezz with powertechs and warriors as dps/tank and the one getting insta-killl is the healer.

I agree. Bad RNG is not fun, and certainly not "challenging". Jakarro shouldn't get the circle.

Such a thing happened to my healer: Jakkare got the reticle but stuck on the boss. Then my healer got it too but stood away. However, I was pulled to Jakarro. In the next second, while i was still withdrawing, Arkhous casted his attack and we both died.

Sounds an unavoidable death due to RNG to me. It should be addressed.