Belsavis travelling nightmare

Daishospirit

I must be a bit odd, but I have enjoyed the challenges of getting around the map on Belsavis.

It is not that hard to work out, and it is a refreshing change from the feeling that I am actually a carriage on rails, which most other planets have felt like.

For the RP; why should we have a clue about the way a planet is laid out? Unless we are given a detailed map before we go planet side, which we were not?

Don’t be lazy and look for everything on a plate, there are few challenges in this type of game, embrace one of them :D

Edited by ShotByBothSides

There's a simple way to describe Belsavis... It SUX!

I have a basic storyline mission that I am unable to complete because I can't get to the objective location. Every route I attempt has been choke pointed by indestructible Lvl 50 Imperial troops. So far I have racked up over 50,000 Creds in repairs with absolutely NOTHING to show for it.

Bad enough that the Imperial Treasure ship heist didn't pay bupkis ... (the mission on Nar Sha-la-la-la that is the lead in to Belsavis) but then to be sent to a planet loaded with unkillable Imperials just freekin' SUX!

How the hell do you get where you need to go in this place?

I'm positive that we're stuck on the same quest atm. Yes, the lvl 50 guards seem to be present in many chokepoints (areas that you must travel through, cannot go around) I too have spent huge creds on repairs. and actual hours (plural) trying to get to a certain quest, I've tried every approach that i can think of to no avail.

I also do not like the multi-segmented mapping. I completed every quest in the area in one shot with hopes of not returning only to return quests at the spaceport and be sent right back. It's the area of the dread masters questline, Very Frustrating.

I must be a bit odd, but I have enjoyed the challenges of getting around the map on Belsavis.

It is not that hard to work out, and it is a refreshing change from the feeling that I am actually a carriage on rails, which most other planets have felt like.

For the RP; why should we have a clue about the way a planet is laid out? Unless we are given a detailed map before we go planet side, which we were not?

Don’t be lazy and look for everything on a plate, there are few challenges in thid type of game, embrace one of them :D

Um yeah, your logic fails, You have a space ship, why not use said ship to fly over and get the lay of the land. lol

Um yeah, your logic fails, You have a space ship, why not use said ship to fly over and get the lay of the land. lol

I raise your logic by a lol:

It is a prison planet and when I tried a fly over I was chased off and told to land on the orbiting station and use the shuttle. Lol(2)

Edited by ShotByBothSides

That topmost travel, the one with no current connections, connects to one near Meltwater outpost. It's specifically for lvl 50 dailies.

Honestly, the planet is fine. I have no problems making my way around it.

This.

note: the below is from the perspective of me playing as a BH. So Imp.

The Rakata transport system is actually two systems. The main one you discover when you first play through the planet...and the secondary one specifically built for level 50's running dailies. That is the only purpose for the second set of Rakata transporters.

And if you're running into champion level 50's of the opposite faction you're doing it wrong. You're going in the wrong direction. They make it pretty friggin obvious below 50 where you should and should not go by placing level 50 champion mobs to prevent you from going in areas designed for the opposite faction only.

It's also easy to tell when an area is specifically designed for your faction to fight in....you'll see a bunch of mobs in and around your level from the opposite faction.

Belsavis is laid out fine....I've been all over it and have discovered the entire map. There are obvious areas where Imperial players aren't supposed to go...and there are obvious areas where they are supposed to go...same for Republic.

I would've thought you would have learned this by the time you get to Belsavis. Those level 50 champion mobs are like a big sign saying "DANGER MINEFIELD DO NOT ENTER"....if you enter...well, I hope you like repairing your gear.

Now there are also areas on this planet that are specifically designed for level 50's...for imps this starts in the lower left corner of the map near the domination outpost. I ran into this after seeing the taxi node was undiscovered on my map. When I started venturing there I realized that I was surrounded by level 50 mobs...so I was clearly venturing into a special area for level 50's. I still carefully made my way to the outpost avoiding mobs, but I didn't stick around because I was still a bit lower in level.

You just gotta use your brain people. They make it clear where you are and are not supposed to go. There's only one instance that I know of where it's not exactly clear and that was intentional...that being the Voss outpost on Voss which is shared between Imps and Pubs (not talking about Voss-Ka). For those following the story it was easy to understand why this was a shared outpost....those not following the story on the planet...would obviously have some trouble understanding that this was a neutral outpost and shared.

On Corellia it's even more obvious. You venture into the wrong area and all you see is green mobs at your level. It's kind of weird...it's a warzone, so you'd figure there would be a clear battle line...which imps on the imp side and pubs on the pub side....but it's just the opposite...because the pubs are the guys the imps need to fight...they are on the imp side. When you cross over to the pub questing side it's very obvious...nothing but Imperials dot the landscape unless you run into a pub outpost.

Edited by Thunder-God