The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The mandalorian killer is bugged to hell

bigphillystyle

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I cannot believe I googled this to see if there was a solution and the first thing was this thread haha. I cannot believe they would release this game with a class quest that is bugged that bad. Seriously I spent a good half hour running through countless mobs just to get to the bridge and see no jedi what the hell! It is a freaking class quest. You cannot go further without it! How the hell were these bugs never seen. I'm contemplating just saying screw it and cancelling my subscription to this game.

i reset it and it is still bugged final guy just isn't there :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Here is a soulution, but not the optimal solution, but worked for me.

I logged for the night right where the jedi was suppose to be. When I came back the next morning, the instance had reset, was fixed, and logged right infront of the jedi I had to talk to.

Edited by WarMachine

I am not even getting to that point, my ramjet thing won't work to boost up to the engineer. I am turning on the thermal shield and then I go to use the ramjet and nothing. any ideas? I reset the instance/re-logged

This is exactly where I am...No BOOST!! ***!!! I have had all the other issues to this point as well...can't target mobs (I just used AOE and let Mako kill them)...got sent a floor ahead with I rez'ed and had to you Fleet pass.:mon_evil:

EA has shown that they are incapable of putting anything out that works...They totally MESSED UP Battlefield 3...it is by far the Buggiest game I have ever played...TERRIBLE.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It seems that they are living up to that same reputation here...incompetent morons!:jawa_mad:

I will never buy another EA product...they don't care about their customers...they just take the money and run.

I have better things to do with my money...

Edited by Ellvaan
Circumventing the Filter

We got to the last room just like everyone else and the Jedi was not there. We just waited until the next day without resetting it and came back (have to reclear 90% of the place again) and the Jedi was there. Hopefully it works for everyone else.

I'm in the middle of it right now and I'm stuck at the chief engineer. The ramjet doesnt work for me. How did you guys get that to work cause fighting them from the ground isnt really an option (they take about 5% dmg when shot from the ground.

cheers

You have to stand EXACTLY where the little rotating quest icon is, which is quite a bit farther back from the Chief Engineer's perch than you might think it would be. I had the same issue, but when I went to the exact spot indicated by the marker, I was able to use the shield then activate the jet (with the Engineer targeted), and it worked fine.

But I also had the visible but not targetable enemies and always-healing Jedi issues, too. Those I worked around, but yes, this quest is buggier than a two-dollar motel.

Is it normal for him to heal to full in three seconds? I pulled him way out of range of his defeated padawan, but he regen'ed beyond my capacity to deal damage. I eventually killed him, but the fight was literally 30 minutes long.

I didn't understand what was happening, I thought it was a not-so-clever hint to bring help, instead of attempt it on my own.

The Jedi spawned for me, but the part where you're supposed to rocket jump to the engineer was bugged. I had to try the mission item 20 times before it would go off.

Also, what was a weird bug was that after I killed the Jedi's healer it STILL KEPT HEALING HIM. This essentially made him regen all his health every minute. It took me about 10 minutes to realize the healer was still "alive" so I pulled him away from the healer and finally killed him.

But yeah, it's extremely bugged.

Is it normal for him to heal to full in three seconds? I pulled him way out of range of his defeated padawan, but he regen'ed beyond my capacity to deal damage. I eventually killed him, but the fight was literally 30 minutes long.

I didn't understand what was happening, I thought it was a not-so-clever hint to bring help, instead of attempt it on my own.

The same thing was happening to me, but it fixed itself when I pulled him to the other side of the room as I thought his padawan was healing him.

The same thing was happening to me, but it fixed itself when I pulled him to the other side of the room as I thought his padawan was healing him.

Don't fight him in a straight up battle. kill the padawan first thing. Then run away from the Jedi and shoot him. If he sets down and meditates interupt him. Eventually he'll run out of force and you can close in and drop him.

** WORKED AROUND IT **

I just got this bug as well. Did the quest got to the bridge = no Jedi.

Relog =nothing

Restart = nothing

Leave / reset = nothing.

Fought my way back to the bridge after reset and there was no Jedi ONCE again

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO - I did what was listed earlier-

I QUED FOR PVP - waited on the bridge, got some hutt ball action to que - Lost hard core at 3am. When I released from hutt ball ( returning me to the bridge when I had qued ) the Jedi and the Padawan had magically appeared there.

The Padawan was bugged but I brought in help so I didnt have to range it we just DPSed it down.

Try Queing for PVP without Leaving...

This worked for me. Thank you!

I can't even figure out how to turn on the thermal shield or use the ramjet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

In that room....you have to stand EXACTLY where the swirling icon is. It takes a few moments and make sure you target the Chief Engineer.

After you kill him with the ramjet, then you can finish the rest.

It took me a while to get up there too. And once you hit the ramjet...it takes a few seconds for it to activate.

Hope the Jedi is there at the end for you.

Some bugs I found (you guys may have noted as well):

- The darned 'Die before getting the Republic Warden, respawned in a med center that puts you behind locked doors, no escape'

Solution: You will HAVE to use that Emergency Fleet Pass, you have it under your General Abilities. This bug is still not fixed yet, and Bioware NEEDS to get on it ASAP, probably before anything else. You could try a GM, but they typically take longer than the 18 hours the cooldown is for the Fleet Pass to work again to respond.

- The Jedi Master is invisible/not there even though the quest marker says so.

Solution: Reset Local Phases at the airlock, kill your way past the republic soldiers again, you CAN use the hanger lift to the command deck and skip the engineer deck. He does spawn regardless either way.

- Jedi Master fully heals up, ***?

Solution: Beat his apprentice first, focus him down and try kiting/interrupting any channels he does, I am pretty sure he does a mediation that heals him real fast, stun him.

- The Jedi Master is invisible/not there even though the quest marker says so.

Solution: Reset Local Phases at the airlock, kill your way past the republic soldiers again, you CAN use the hanger lift to the command deck and skip the engineer deck. He does spawn regardless either way.

This is what I did, fixed my problem.

I had the opposite issue with the "healing to full" bug. My Jedi Master abruptly dropped dead at 75% health.

I only saw one bug in the mission where the padawan would continue healing the jedi after I defeated her. I was able to get around that by pulling the Jedi out of her range and finish him off. I did the mission early on Christmas morning.

This happend to me also.

I was fighting him so long that my cooldowns all reset twice, and my heal stims reset twice.

I finally pulled him away from the down padawan and he died. But it didnt seem like he was being healed he would be almost dead and then pop back to full health for no apparent reason.

I'm full tank spec with mako.

This happend to me also.

I was fighting him so long that my cooldowns all reset twice, and my heal stims reset twice.

I finally pulled him away from the down padawan and he died. But it didnt seem like he was being healed he would be almost dead and then pop back to full health for no apparent reason.

I'm full tank spec with mako.

I had to use this tactic also. I hadn't read your post and came back after the idiot kept healing somehow (padawan was dead) so I pulled and then went to work and he died real fast.

Still bull to need to use a work around. I realise it's a large game and stuff but this one is kinda major.

i've found these bugs are caused by not going exactly where the quest tells you to go from to the exact destination right afterwards.

if you're stuck, simply retrace this path. fly to the location you received the quest on, and then fly right to the next step. worked for me for The Tyrant quest.