Pyro 25% behind on a parse w/no burst whatsoever. AP better in all respects now?

thebvp

I'm curious what you all are seeing in parses for PT. Right now I'm pulling a full 25% less dps on a 5 minute dummy parse as pyro, which seems a little off, to say the least.

In a full opener/burst phase, I'm pulling over 6k dps on a dummy w/AP, something pyro isn't even remotely capable of. So you get:

Less mobility

Less survivability

No burst

2x Dot maintenance

25% less dps

What's the point in even thinking about Pyro now?

I'm curious what you all are seeing in parses for PT. Right now I'm pulling a full 25% less dps on a 5 minute dummy parse as pyro, which seems a little off, to say the least.

In a full opener/burst phase, I'm pulling over 6k dps on a dummy w/AP, something pyro isn't even remotely capable of. So you get:

Less mobility

Less survivability

No burst

2x Dot maintenance

25% less dps

What's the point in even thinking about Pyro now?

You're doing it wrong then. In a 500k hp dummy parse, Pyro + AP are on equal grounds. On a 1 mill dummy parse, Pyro is ahead by about 100dps. On a 1.5 mill dummy parse, its about 200 dps ahead.

I won't deny AP is incredibly strong though.

Anyway, give me an idea of what you're doing and ill tell you what you are doing wrong so you can fix it.

Edited by TACeMossie

You're doing it wrong then. In a 500k hp dummy parse, Pyro + AP are on equal grounds. On a 1 mill dummy parse, Pyro is ahead by about 100dps. On a 1.5 mill dummy parse, its about 200 dps ahead.

I won't deny AP is incredibly strong though.

Anyway, give me an idea of what you're doing and ill tell you what you are doing wrong so you can fix it.

update - Heres 2 parses from my dread forged/dread master mix vanguard. He's only got 98.75% accuracy, but his gear is more tailored to Tactics anyway.

(Oh and that lucky fire pulse crit rate? Pure luck. But the numbers will look like that when I get the new 6-piece bonus...)

http://imgur.com/sKgPgI6,Ik4K7PI

Tactics got 3.75k dps, Plasmatech got 4k dps

And before anyone asks, the Full Auto's were used under reserve powercell as a resource return. Its a very good ability for damage/energy, especially under reserve powercell, just its damage/GCD sucks. So I use it under reserve powercell to maintain resources and keep great damage up. Its a DPS increase that way.

And its the old 4-piece set bonus, which favours tactics far more than the new set bonus favours tactics (they both favour tactics though)

Edited by TACeMossie

From my experience so far, Tactics/AP is Godmode Burst with decent Sustained.

What I mean by 'Godmode Burst" is Assault Plastique is criting a lot, and hits for 7500-10500 depending on debuffs, type of mob, and relics procs. Cell Blast at 4 stack it hits for 8000-12000 in the same way. Shoulder Cannon can empty at least 5 of the 7 missiles in 2 GCDs, and they hit hard as well. High Impact Bolt proc almost too often and is high DPS as well The Gut dot never expiring and the armor and tech debuffs round out the the heavy damage output ability within a short timeframe. It's on level with the Burst of old school Combat/Carnage Sents and Maras. Never seen anything like it.

While I'm not parsing currently, and my VG is only 58 with 172/178/180 mixed gear, I can easily see him doing 6-7k DPS on openers and 3750-ish sustained.

If Plamastech ends up being higher overall DPS, I still not changing, I like Tactics and enjoy the playstyle. Long live Godmode Burst!

Edited by mastervalkar

I'm still parsing higher on Pyro, but not by much (~100 DPS on a 500K dummie). I'm in full 186 gear at level 60. But I have to say, I much prefer AP. It's a little more RNG, but only having to put one DoT on a target and then pretty much forget it afterwards is nice. Shoulder Cannon is the biggest allure for me, because you can make them a 20m attack that heals you for 35%.

My Plasmatech skill is still in progress, but I'm getting about the same DPS as when I'm running Tactics, at least as I'm practicing on a 1mil dummy. Juggling two DoTs with all the other stuff is actually decently intensive over the span of ~5min and is not nearly as mindless as it is playing Tactics. If I can improve my rotation I see Plasmatech beat Tactics by a wide margin but the effort to do so is quite a bit more. I really like Plasmatech for all the fire but it's a ton more work...at least for me right now. Edited by ezrafetch

ya'll talking training dummy or practical application?

I've killed WB , run 4 FP's and 1 Op, and I'm loving new Tactics/AP.

I had a very skilled tank ask me if I was taunting...I had to explain AP>gut>CC>HiB>SS>HiB with SCX2 per CD is nasty initial burst...

sustained, I have yet to test., but, I'm digging new initial burst and rotation in PvE and PvP!!! :)

Has anyone found a tank that can hold agro on your initial Tactic's burst? I think it might be impossible if you're doing it right... im pulling like 8k DPS for the first 6 - 10 seconds. Even using our threat reduction from reserve power cell utility perk is just blowing away the threat tables.