Any Marauders out there liking the Fury spec?

TerminalPoint

* Speaking purely of (PvE)*

Pre-3.0 I was a carnage marauder, but I'm just too damn squishy now yet do not want to give up on my character quite yet. While I haven't yet tried out the Annihilation spec, I did try Fury. Not TOO much to say other than...I survive now. I do enjoy it more than 3.0 Carnage. I was just curious to see what other people have the say about the Fury spec.

I was Anni through my entire gameplay and switched to Carnage when I reached 55 just to try something new... I enjoyed it... but once 3.0 came out I switched to FURY.

Now I don't play much PvP with my mara, but in terms of PvE - OPS and FPs, I like Fury better than Carnage right now.

its alright but pretty much the same as the jug rage which has better dcd/utilitys but i guess in pve mara will do more dmg ??

I don't really think carnage is so squishy pve wise though...I mean if you're finding yourself squishy in pve as carnage you'll find same as fury i'd bet.

Edited by AngusFTW

With the changes done in 3.0 I find the Fury Marauder to be much more in line with the other specs in terms of single target damage. Granted that took a lot away from smash, but I actually don't miss it too much. That in addition to some defensive passives and choices you can make in the disciplines, I find that Fury actually not as squishy as it used to be. I bet with a bit more gear (I only have most of the basic tier PVE set at the moment) I'll be even more unstoppable.

• 5 months later...
I'm actually enjoying it quite immensely, but I'm having trouble figuring out a good gear spec. As of right now I have a lot put into power over crit, as most of the gear specs before the overhaul suggested it, but with Fury being such a different animal than before, I'm beginning to wonder if it's the right call.

In pve I was having resource problems because I had become so accustomed to going predation rather than berserk in pvp. Once I got used to using berserk again, it was pretty good. I still use carnage in pvp though because predation is essential and carnage presents less of a headache that way.

I recently returned to the game and am leveling a Marauder right now in the Carnage discipline. I am really enjoying its burst and I haven't yet run into a scenario where I really feel squishy, but I am eager to hear what you all think of Rage. In terms of gameplay/rotation, how is it different or better than Carnage? Are there different defensive cooldowns or more powerful attacks?

I'm not asking because I disagree with you all, I'm genuinely curious. I wouldn't mind swapping to Rage if it offers a markedly different experience than Carnage.

Edited by MikeFL

I recently returned to the game and am leveling a Marauder right now in the Carnage discipline. I am really enjoying its burst and I haven't yet run into a scenario where I really feel squishy, but I am eager to hear what you all think of Rage. In terms of gameplay/rotation, how is it different or better than Carnage? Are there different defensive cooldowns or more powerful attacks?

I'm not asking because I disagree with you all, I'm genuinely curious. I wouldn't mind swapping to Rage if it offers a markedly different experience than Carnage.

Prior to 3.0 I played and loved all 3 specs but was always a big fan of Carnage. Will always love Carnage. It has a unique flow and requires good timing to maximize dps. Rage/Fury always seemed a bit clunky in comparison to Carnage for me. In 3.0 however I'm finding Fury to be my preferred discipline. Its passive defensives make it a little more robust than Carnage and its big hitters are great. I get bigger/spikier burst from Carnage but the burst from Fury is solid and you have decent Aoe on tap. It's definitely a fun spec to be playing right now.