Hands up if you'd bow to Marr as your new emperor. [Marr Lore Discussion.]

darthkora

A) Boba Fett is after all one of the greatest fighters in the galaxy, and he's a male. As I stated earlier, no female could beat a sith lord or a dashade without the Force or superior weapons. I Don't claim that you NEED the force, but I'm claiming that no women without the Force can be that strong. Biological laws and all, they do after all matter in all fantasy as well.

B) Of course you cannot be "silenced" for the entire fight. It's a game, and as Sorcerer you basicially have "Trash" and "Saber strike" with the saber, both hits for like 0,5% of his health. You're not capable of having a connection with the force until you defeat him, and then you're "back on track" and he's shocked. It's like ;

You fight Baras with one of your companions, probably your apprentice

How would that be accepted as a duel? It's not a duel, it's a freaking 2v1 and the Council would intervene, murdering both of wrath and his servants.

The abilities and fights in the game aren't relevant. I killed Skotia without using the device, he'll not be like "omg you're the strongest apprentice ever", he'll be complaining about how "Zash killed him" even though I ruined him myself. (Lvl 15 sorcerer, lightning).

It doesn't matter. It's supposed to be; Weaken Skotia, beat him. Then he'll be shocked.

And you don't have the force when fighting Paladius. That's why you TRY to shock him and he laughs at you. The connection has been broken.

BUt again, I never doubt that the greatest of men can defeat Jedi without superior weapons. But women cannot, they're much weaker biologically and for them to beat someone like Paladius, (Or even worse, Khem), then they must take full advantage of the Force. Not having the Force means ; Dead in both those scenarios.

Paladius outright states in dialogue "This is impossible! How can you still use the force?" Him saying "You can still use the force." implies just that. You were able to still use the force. My guess is his sith relic dampens someone's ability to use the force. Most sith lords were weak enough that it severed their ability entirely. However your character is strong enough that even "dulled" he/she can put up quite a fight.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He already is the de-facto Emperor.

Yea Marr is pretty much running the show now. He is not officially Emperor, but he is the empire's de-facto leader just like Satele Shan is for the Jedi order. I do not think anyone in the Empire would oppose Marr taking the throne especially since Lord Vitiate's plan to sacrifice everyone in a ritual has been revealed. The empire is aware of his plans now, so it's safe to say virtually no Sith will side with Vitiate. Maybe just extreme fanatics who have gone mad.

Edited by DARTHOSIRUS

That total chump has killed Sith before though. "Only a Lord", keep in mind that Sith Lords are amongst the most powerful. They're on the same "level" as Jedi Masters, but in most cases they've earned their place with more violence than Jedi.

Emperor

V

Dark Council Member

V

Darth

V

Second rate Darth that answers to another Darth (The Inquisitor's master was one of these, answering to a Thanaton that hadn't become a council member yet)

V

Sith Lord

V

Sith (mostly apprentices, but it is apparently possible to stop being an apprentice without being raised to Lord)

V

Sith Acolyte

Even discounting the freakishly powerful Emperor, a Sith Lord is 4 steps down the food chain. Sith Lords are really more analogous to a Jedi Knight then a Jedi Master if you insist on trying to mash two different ranking systems together. And this guy was only able to warrant a Lord despite having that stupidly powerful artifact which can weaken any force user and outright nullify the powers of weaker ones. Beating him while weakened and with a Dashade at your side isn't that much of an accomplishment.

As for beating Khem in the first place

1# Dashade are only resistant to the force, not immune

2# He was weakened from being in stasis for so long

Edited by dcaleb

How about you make a new thread for the "the SI is a boy, not a girl" type of discussion and keep that out of here?

More on topic: since Marr explicitly doesn't want to be Emperor (and I believe him) and BioWare is not going to make a player character Emperor (or even de facto Emperor), I expect an unofficial sort of triumvirate to last till SW:ToR shuts down. I wonder, though, if Marr is going to make it over the whole distance or if we can expect him to either spectacularly die or just succumb to his darkside corruption and be replaced in his role as "supreme quest giver" somewhere down the line.

On topic: only if I would have permission to act independantly

spoilers inc, so don't read if you haven't finished si story

Off-topic: Laeve, dude you're writting ****, pls stop

Nox was ******* crazy in terms of power the moment she set her foot on Korriban. she's decendant of Lord Kallig, the most powerfull of Tulak Hord's generals, she broke open the holocron of Marka Ragnos with a flicker of her wrist, blasted the door in Naga sadow's tomb with lightning etc. she had all the power she needed to kick that Dashade's butt without any weapon (she gets weapon only after she's done with the tomb)

Paladius was a scrub who underestimated her potential, the item started to sever connection, but before it could, Nox killed Paladius

she's by far the most powerfull dark councilor and 2nd most powerfull sith (2nd only to the Emperor, yes even more powerfull than lord Wrath), made immortal ("You are bound to us as we are bound to you") and unimginnably powerful by Forcewalking ritual, enough to stop a charging darth in his tracks and nearly execute him with a mere shock. add to this the fact that she's commanding several fleet equiped with silencer fleet killers.

One more thing. Nox is most likely to be a woman. Why? Well most of the ingame NPC idiots I've met treated Nox with disguist and have underestimated her. Just like you did with that idea. Think about it.

Edited by IgorNjagul

One more thing. Nox is most likely to be a woman. Why? Well most of the ingame NPC idiots I've met treated Nox with disguist and have underestimated her. Just like you did with that idea. Think about it.

The best reason why Nox is a woman is because the ship would be too much of a sausage fest otherwise. :D

On topic: only if I would have permission to act independantly

spoilers inc, so don't read if you haven't finished si story

Off-topic: Laeve, dude you're writting ****, pls stop

Nox was ******* crazy in terms of power the moment she set her foot on Korriban. she's decendant of Lord Kallig, the most powerfull of Tulak Hord's generals, she broke open the holocron of Marka Ragnos with a flicker of her wrist, blasted the door in Naga sadow's tomb with lightning etc. she had all the power she needed to kick that Dashade's butt without any weapon (she gets weapon only after she's done with the tomb)

Paladius was a scrub who underestimated her potential, the item started to sever connection, but before it could, Nox killed Paladius

she's by far the most powerfull dark councilor and 2nd most powerfull sith (2nd only to the Emperor, yes even more powerfull than lord Wrath), made immortal ("You are bound to us as we are bound to you") and unimginnably powerful by Forcewalking ritual, enough to stop a charging darth in his tracks and nearly execute him with a mere shock. add to this the fact that she's commanding several fleet equiped with silencer fleet killers.

There is no proof yet which suggests Nox power superceeds Wrath. They are both the Emoire's best, but I think they are more or less equal in power. Female inquisitor is loads if fun, but no proof Nox was female yet.

There is no proof yet which suggests Nox power superceeds Wrath. They are both the Emoire's best, but I think they are more or less equal in power. Female inquisitor is loads if fun, but no proof Nox was female yet.

And it will never be any proof, it'll remain "speculation".

And of course it's fun, but I stated two reasons why it's not logical for it to be a woman. But for some reason Bioware gave me a "warning", so I guess we're "done" discussing the gender of Nox... xD

Take care, fellow Nox fans.

• 1 month later...

Would totally respect Marr as the new Emperor - and it's not like they can't write in something that could prolong his life.

Of all the Sith, he's certainly been the most-survived, as well as the most-public, through the 8 different storylines + expanions.

I think the Emperor is going to kill Marr as Marr is outwardly defying the emperor by trying to make the Empire stronger and stop all the infighting that has plagued the sith since the beginning.

TBH I think UNTIL Yavin the Emperor could have given two damns. He had become obsessed with his ascension and had already left the running of the Empire largely to the Dark Council. The only times he felt the need to step in was when people were clearly not happy with "just" being a council member and wanted to be the "top dog themselves."

At this point however he likely sees Marr as a traitor. That said the Emperor is going to have a hard time achieving this. Much of his support is dead/in hiding/swapped sides. I am sure he has some hiddeyhole somewhere but SO MUCH of what he has achieved over time on, a large scale (including his initial rise to immortality) was achieved via non-force related manipulations of people, LONG and intricate rituals, alchemical devices and places of power etc. Circumstances have lead him to a point where while he is back, it is not going to be as easy as just sitting his butt back on the throne.

A) Boba Fett is after all one of the greatest fighters in the galaxy, and he's a male. As I stated earlier, no female could beat a sith lord or a dashade without the Force or superior weapons. I Don't claim that you NEED the force, but I'm claiming that no women without the Force can be that strong. Biological laws and all, they do after all matter in all fantasy as well.

This is complete crap... Simply because you are a male "sith lord" does not mean you are A) stronger than a woman and most importantly B) more skilled at fighting. Does a male have a higher max potential strength? on Average yes. However does every male work out to fulfill said potential? Hell no. Additionally a male sith lord can easily be the physical fighting equivalent of the SI... meaning not that much.

Now you analysis that the SI is far more about force power is indeed correct. As such against a better martially trained and/or physically stronger opponent they will likely lose without access to the force. However that first paragraph with the men (globally) can't be beat in a fight by women (globally) is crap.

How do I draw this conclusion? when I count the years I have spent taking all the martial arts I have over 20 years and having to use force as part of my "day job" for 25 years.

And it will never be any proof, it'll remain "speculation".

And of course it's fun, but I stated two reasons why it's not logical for it to be a woman. But for some reason Bioware gave me a "warning", so I guess we're "done" discussing the gender of Nox... xD

Take care, fellow Nox fans.

Except your reasons are simply nonsense. Are males on average stronger than females in our world? Yes. However that difference is not nearly as pronounced as you make it out to be.

And even if the difference was that noticeable you are completely disregarding that the Inquisitor could be:

1) A non human species for which you have zero idea if the males are even the stronger sex of that species in the first place.

2) A cyborg that could easily have enhacned strenght.

3) Could just be fitter and more agile than the fat Lord Paladius who sits on his a*s all day and relies on his servants and force-artifacts to win his battles and contrary to your belief one does not need more pure strenght to win a sword fight. Your argument might count if you defeat Paladrius in a fist fight or a wrestling match, but you don't.

And all of this still completely disregards the fact that Paladius artifact seemingly failed him anyways. So basically your arguments have more holes than the plot of an bad action movie.

Edited by fovzwk

@Leaves: Bioware gave you a warning because you're being sexist. I play Nox as male, but saying he can't be a woman because "you need to be physically strong to beat a Dashade" = "men are stronger" = "Inquisitor is a man" is, well, rude. And sexist.

As for Marr, while I would love it if he became Emperor, I don't think that'll happen just because he's too ill. Even if he did, which he doesn't want to, he probably wouldn't reign long. Which is a shame, because I love Marr. There need to be more Sith like him.

There aren't a lot of other Sith left standing who'd be suitable for the job, though. There's Vowrawn, but I don't think he's going to survive the Emperor either. Mortis maybe, but he's kinda traditionalist, dunno about Ravage. Lana would be a pretty good choice...out of everyone left, she's the one I'd pick.

And yes, you could argue for the Warrior/Inquisitor, but only one can be Emperor, and I just know that fans of whomever doesn't get the job are going to whine about it. Plus Bioware's never put the player in a position of absolute power before, and I don't think they're going to start now--either everyone on your side jumps at your every order, making the story boring, or nobody acknowledges your authority and keeps sending you on fetch quests, making it pointless.

Oh and Leaves, I forgot... The Deshade is force RESISTANT...not Force proof. So in the end, male or female all beating the Deshade does is prove the SI's force ability is just THAT powerful. I mean I don't care what non cyborged out race you play in this game... The Deshade on a pure strength level will poubg even the most studdly guy into the ground like a law spike.

I dunno, I think I'm pretty good for the job myself :).

Within the context of my main, I would not be at all pleased with that. I'm comfortable in a triumvirate of some sorts but not with him calling all the shots. At the end of the day, these are all sith and they will eventually move to destroy all competition.

- Arcada