Are Star Wars MMOs cursed? Or is Bioware just fully trying to assassinate it's legacy

Karnax

That's not been my experience at all. I'm on Harbinger and it's packed. PUG raids everywhere. There are a ton of old players returning and new ones checking it out thanks to ads/friends. It's going to get nuts when the movies come out too. Great time to be playing this game.

Not according to the servers when yo look at them... logged on for 12 hours and kept tabs... standard is as high as it got... Most of the servers say Light.... althru the fact they are removeing all skill costs for trees skills right before release might get allot more free guys on...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assasinate it`s legacy?

Please....this Bioware isn`t the same as theBioware who made KOTOR. It`s funny with people asking about KOTOR 3. They can`t. I mean I like the game but they lack the roleplaying geniuses from that time to make a KOTOR3.

Bioware is just a brand. It`s EA and in EA people come and go like any other big corporation.

I'm a fairly old fella. I played MUDS before there was anything but AOL, not to mention way too many MMO's including SWG.

What has happened here is nowhere near as much change as what happened in SWG. NGE remade the game entirely.

Still, I dislike these changes just as much. It's like NGE to me personally because it changed both my main and my few alts into toons I don't care for anymore. They don't play the way I worked them into. My specs were underpowered by the usual min/max standpoint but with research ahead of time, years of time commitment and hundreds of dollars from my not that huge income and I was able to put together a few characters that played exactly how I wanted to play. Not something I've been able to achieve in every MMO.

And it's gone. That research, money and worst of all time are all wasted.

So in my head I call it NGE all day long. You call it whatever you like.

Listening to others it seems if you went to top of tree previously the changes are minimal over all

Exactly! I never did hybrid spec, I would pick a tree, go all the way to the top, leaving out the pvp items I knew I wouldn't need in that tree I chose, and any extra points I had, I just put here or there in other trees, but nothing that would actually make me a HYBRID.

So, I read the forums and all I saw was DOOM!! CLASSES ARE BEING NERFED OH GOD NO!!!

I'm like well damn, hope I can still play properly once the changes come!

So, low and behold, 3.0 comes, I redo my trees, picking the exact same 'jobs' I had before. Yeah some skills are missing, but the important things I used to level and play remained, so I was like 'um, okay, cool.' Then I find...I FEEL not that I AM, but it FEELS LIKE I am actually more OP NOW then I was pre 3.0. So...where exactly were the nerfs??

Exactly! I never did hybrid spec, I would pick a tree, go all the way to the top, leaving out the pvp items I knew I wouldn't need in that tree I chose, and any extra points I had, I just put here or there in other trees, but nothing that would actually make me a HYBRID.

So, I read the forums and all I saw was DOOM!! CLASSES ARE BEING NERFED OH GOD NO!!!

I'm like well damn, hope I can still play properly once the changes come!

So, low and behold, 3.0 comes, I redo my trees, picking the exact same 'jobs' I had before. Yeah some skills are missing, but the important things I used to level and play remained, so I was like 'um, okay, cool.' Then I find...I FEEL not that I AM, but it FEELS LIKE I am actually more OP NOW then I was pre 3.0. So...where exactly were the nerfs??

Heh. People hate change. Even IF it is a good one. And god forbid they try it out for a little while before they come ranting and raving here.

Disciplines are fine. The core class elements are all there as you said. There were some changes to classes that need changes, there were a few additions, some removals, and some classes dps were nerfed a little others tuned a little. The net, net is... that not much has really changed for most classes. Same rotations, same startegies, etc.

People that can't handle change will leave and find the same situation in their next mmo. And some will come back and claim that everything is ok now that the patch has been out for a while.

Oh... and btw, the OP has been sufficiently hammered on his ridiculous comparison to NGE. It seems that this thread is really spawned from dissatisfaction with DAI.... Lol. Not sure why that is relevant.

Edited by Rafaman

NPCs where nerfed as was pve in return ... becasue everything is casual now a complex sophisticated detailed skill tree System to define ur caracter through and while leveling, only stands in the way of button smashers on their quest for OPness ...

we can all see that those changes are here to stay ... but stop finding redicoules arguments infavour for lazy and greedy devs and puplishers

bioware destroyed its legacy with ME.2 and DA.2 ... first part of those games where real, die hard rpgs ... then all of a sudden everyhting changed ...

I still believe original bioware founders left the industry about the same time swtor got f2p is not a coinsidence ...

we can all see that those changes are here to stay ... but stop finding redicoules arguments infavour for lazy and greedy devs and puplishers

bioware destroyed its legacy with ME.2 and DA.2 ... first part of those games where real, die hard rpgs ... then all of a sudden everyhting changed ...

I still believe original bioware founders left the industry about the same time swtor got f2p is not a coinsidence ...

The idea that ME1 or DA:O were in any way hardcore RPGs is preposterous. In fact, I'd argue that KOTOR 1 is not meaningfully more hardcore or complex than DA:I.

I'd also like to point out that ME2 was arguably a great game and that DA2 was one of the best-written games I've played, if horrible in many other regards.

Ah... I see, that is how DAI fits in. Kk. IMO you are partially correct. ME3 was a huge blow. I won't go into it, but many of you know the controversy well. DA2 was a disappointment as well. But I must say, DAI has been a huge hit and it has already claimed GoTY by on some sites. I think it offers BW some redemption.

Ah... I see, that is how DAI fits in. Kk. IMO you are partially correct. ME3 was a huge blow. I won't go into it, but many of you know the controversy well. DA2 was a disappointment as well. But I must say, DAI has been a huge hit and it has already claimed GoTY by on some sites. I think it offers BW some redemption.

Shame we can't get DA:I without Origin bloatware.

"People have been conditioned to equate change with progress, and therefore see all change as good."

Huh, nope, it's just as stupid either way.

Yes. I agree with that. You have to try it, and I mean more than hitting a target dummy in this case, to really evaluate it. Time is the equalizer.