Latency Issues

TaitWatson

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone!

We are investigating the latency issues that players are seeing in Flashpoints and certain Planet areas. I'll update you as I get more information!

Thanks,

Tait

How did Bioware not see something like this happening? Seriously. *sigh* Guess I'll piddle away my "Early Access" while its "investigated" then "fixed". This'll sure teach me to pre-order from EA I guess. :rolleyes:

How did Bioware not see something like this happening? Seriously. *sigh* Guess I'll piddle away my "Early Access" while its "investigated" then "fixed". This'll sure teach me to pre-order from EA I guess. :rolleyes:

The exact same thing has happen with Wows recent expansion and they had it far far worst. BW is working on it.

Ability lag is about one second on Rishi at the moment on the Progenitor server, despite the fact that my connection latency never goes above 50. I'm not surprised at the increased lag, after all it is a new planet and it was to be expected, but really they should have expected it as well.

I'm curious though, wth latency this big of an issue on day one of the early access, what are you planning to do about the official launch?

Hey everyone!

We are investigating the latency issues that players are seeing in Flashpoints and certain Planet areas. I'll update you as I get more information!

Thanks,

Tait

Investigating? How bout you shoved everybody into a bottleneck and the server couldn't handle it?

So, I dont know if i was the only fool to do this, But i intentionally didnt do the story arc, So i could do it all in one go on release day, Sooooo i was excited till i realized i would not beable to even get to the new content due to the 30 second ability lag, I nigh on killed my hand doing the korriban fp, Got to tython waited 40mins for the mobs to actually appear then, I had to sit and wait for the npc to kill the mobs due to me not being able to actually do anything, So for me, The new content is irrelevant due to me not being able to actually play it.. Edited by RoadyRagey
coz i can

Ability lag is about one second on Rishi at the moment on the Progenitor server, despite the fact that my connection latency never goes above 50. I'm not surprised at the increased lag, after all it is a new planet and it was to be expected, but really they should have expected it as well.

I'm curious though, wth latency this big of an issue on day one of the early access, what are you planning to do about the official launch?

At least you get to Rishi. All I get is a black screen and loading time of death or outright crashes. I fear my Bounty Hunter is stuck on infinite game crash since I started the new quest line and landed on Rishi. :(

Your not the only one experiencing this, its horrible to try progress in Tython with the inability to kill a mob without looking like you freeze mid animation and do nothing, hope this gets fixed soon i want to try Shadows of Revan not have Cartel Pack Simulator :( Edited by UltraReaper

Your not the only one experiencing this, its horrible to try progress in Tython with the inability to kill a mob without looking like you freeze mid animation and do nothing, hope this gets fixed soon i want to try Shadows of Revan not have Cartel Pack Simulator :(

At least you have enemies there. Be happy about it. Some of us don't even get objectives in Tython TFP.

Edited by Halinalle

Hey everyone!

Thanks,

Tait

and this is why you don't do closed beta, complete fail launch the game is a complete lag fest

At least you have enemies there. Be happy about it. Some of us don't even get objectives in Tython TFP.

That happened to me. Leaving the area and going back in fixed it. That said, i highly advise against doing it until the latency is fixed. Not going well for me. Ability delay is strong. lol

Always an opportunity to whine.

Latency issues like these can't be predicted... when will people ever realize that.

I'm pretty sure this is just an instance capacity issue rather than a 'latency issue that can't be predicted.'

But, sure, keep white knighting EA. At least you get credit for originality.

tried Assault on Tython for over an hour now....first I thought the troops are not there and I can continue...when I arrived at the end of the first area I could not pass, after about 10 minutes they had finally spawned and worked my way backwards to the outer defences (when I entered there was absolutely nothing on the map, not even any help where to go) Killed the bosses at the arrays but could the not disable them....

And "latency"....why not call it overloaded servers ? Or bug ? the network latency to the servers was around 50ms, the connection and reply was surely fast enough.

Bad planning.....one million active players, at least half of them will hit the servers as soon as they are online.

boy that restricted closed beta for 4 weeks idea sure was a great one

They probably got told about hundreds of issues in the beta, and ignored every single one of them and released it as it was anyway.

At least thats my personal experience of actually taking part in one of biofails 'beta' tests.

They probably got told about hundreds of issues in the beta, and ignored every single one of them and released it as it was anyway.

At least thats my personal experience of actually taking part in one of biofails 'beta' tests.

A number of issues have been fixed, and I've been playing the live game for 30 minutes so far.

The issue here is likely the instance cap, which is set into the 100s. The game engine cannot handle 110 people on one instance. They need to take the servers down, reduce the cap on an instance and bring them up again.

Experienced the issue on tython.

Always sucks to have release day issues, whether your the player or the tech who has to ID and fix the problem, it always is a pain. but I've played enough MMO's to be quite used to this.

Hope you guys can get it fixed soon! in the meantime im playing FFXIV...can't progress in the story without Tython done, and can't do Tython when there's no objectives or even mobs on the map.

this really sucks. get to new world and game freezes up. cannot do anything but log out over and over again for over an hour. have not even gotten into the first part of planet. all this money spent down the drain..

Unhappy with Bioware right now:rak_02: