Everyone get a new chance, whiping ignorelists before 3.0

Icestar

Everyone is new at some point and can learn how to play. For example, I have a friend in another MMO that performed horrible and when we taught him how to use his class he suddenly performed extraordinary.

I am not saying that you put new players that have not learned how to play on your ignorelist but everyone can have a bad day :tran_wink:

Yeah...but when you try to tell the people on my ignore list how to do things differently or better, they throw a childish fit about how they've been playing for 2 years and know what they're doing...yep clearly...

So yeah, we're still talking about different categories of people. :)

It's pretty easy to simply ignore people without putting them on a list. Sometimes they are just annoying. For example, I was doing a Heroic-2 solo when someone asked to make a group, which I have on auto-decline. Soon the chat window was filling up with repeated auto-decline messages as he watched me wipe a small mob. Finally he whispers to me, "Please can we do this together?" I ignored that, too. Call me a big meanie, but the fact is I wasn't needing any help and if I had helped him he wouldn't have learned anything because he really would not have contributed.

So it's easy to just ignore without making it permanent.

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

I seen you 'round for a long long time

I really 'membered you when you drink my wine

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

I seen you walkin' down in Chinatown

I called you but you could not look around

It is a nice sentiment, OP, and if I /ignored people because they were playing badly, then I just might do that too.

However, I normally only add people to my ignore list when I see them making repeated misogynistic, racist, or homophobic comments. I don't care if people like that are in the #1 NiM progression guild on the server; I'd rather play solo than play with them.

I think I added 3 over the weekend to my extended list. I usually roll with Gen Chat turned off, so not many peeps get ignored there. Most of the peeps on my ignore list are the pvp "ragers". Ignore is the best feature in the game. It ranks right up there with Death From Above. It never has a cooldown, and costs very little force.

Lmao! I do not use the ignore feature in game, since I have never had a reason to ignore someone, plus, I do not wish to remember their names so I do not add them. The only place I use the ignore feature is here on the forums; so many halfwits abound I hope it never runs out of space.

Never gonna happen. Bad idea. Stated many, many times why.

No, it's "never gonna happen. Good idea, but never gonna happen."

For blah blah, privacy of the ignoree because they don't want to reveal to us who all the account/legacy is, I heard it. And I can still wish list it.

Why? What changed? 3.0 doesn't make bad people good. If they're on my list, they're there for a reason.

yes, but doesn't mean they deserve a flogging as well (aka whip).

And most on my ignore list are no longer in game (spam) and thus a periodic wipe is useful.

@op Whipping your list is excessive they are ignored, a flogging is not necessary, wiping it periodically is a good thing at least for the randomly generated spambots

Everyone on my ignore list is someone who thinks bigoted jokes in chat are okay, or a Consular/Inquisitor who thinks that their knockback button is a standard part of their DPS rotation. I'm not grouping with either more than once. Edited by Allegos