Everyone get a new chance, whiping ignorelists before 3.0

Icestar

My ignorelist is really short and consists of credit spammers and people acting like them.

There is OTOH a whole crowd of people who do /ignore as a passive-aggressive action. The shortest message I'm aware of having been ignored for so far is whispering "650k?" in response to a WTS - but I don't think these people will be clearing their lists anytime ever.

Edited by Heal-To-Full

I have decided to give everyone I have on ignore a new chance in 3.0

Do you dare do to do the same? :tran_cool:

Nah, the people who I have on ignore are there for good reasons. Mainly all sorts of bigots and racists, ninja looters and some guys who suddenly had to leave after the weekly when it had been made exeedingly clear that it was going to be a full run. Maybe I'd give those early leavers a second chance, but unfortunatly I have no idea who is who on the list:D

My ignorelist is really short and consists of credit spammers and people acting like them.

There is OTOH a whole crowd of people who do /ignore as a passive-aggressive action. The shortest message I'm aware of having been ignored for so far is whispering "650k?" in response to a WTS - but I don't think these people will be clearing their lists anytime ever.

I've been placed on ignore for helping someone kill a mob.

In a way yes. I never really understand the purpose of ignore lists here anyway. In the few cases where someone had me on his ignore list and I asked why, they didn't even remember what it was for.

I only put people on ignore when they spam the chat, so mostly credit sellers. For people who annoy me or who are ninja looters, I actually put them on my friends list. That way, I can still read what they are saying (especially important for calling out incs in PvP), giving them a second chance to change my opinion of them, and I can add a comment why I put them on the list. So whenever I see someone inviting them to a group, I don't have to say "Don't invite him, he is on my ignore list" but I can say "Don't invite him because he is ..."

Edited by Jerba

I've been placed on ignore for helping someone kill a mob.

I remember a couple years ago someone chewed me out for flying by and stopping to help kill his mobs. After a heated discussion with me saying I was only being nice, and him saying he didn't ask for help, we ended up chatting for a couple hours and ended up on each others' friend's lists lol

Why would I bother? I have enough friends already, thanks, and those on my ignore list all deserve to be there.

Plus, they probably don't know or care whether they are on my ignore list, so who benefits?

To me it seems like a feel-good-about-yourself-for-accomplishing-nothing sort of thing to do.

I put spammers and boring, stupid people on ignore. Boring, stupid people are not going to ever stop being boring and/or stupid.

Why would I bother? [...] Plus, they probably don't know or care whether they are on my ignore list, so who benefits?

Exactly so.

Edited by branmakmuffin

they didn't even remember what it was for.

That is because we cant write a comment why we put the player on ignore. I have played since pre-launch of this game and I had players that i can´t remember why they are there.

So simple solution is to erase the ignorelist and give everyone I meet a new chance :tran_grin:

Edited by Icestar

I think I added 3 over the weekend to my extended list. I usually roll with Gen Chat turned off, so not many peeps get ignored there. Most of the peeps on my ignore list are the pvp "ragers". Ignore is the best feature in the game. It ranks right up there with Death From Above. It never has a cooldown, and costs very little force.

That is because we cant write a comment why we put the player on ignore. I have played since pre-launch of this game and I had players that i can´t remember why they are there.

So simple solution is to erase the ignorelist and give everyone I meet a new chance :tran_grin:

Not really, they are there for a good reason hence why the short list.

Wish the ignore list would be account and faction wide.

Edited by Deewe

i never ignore anyone, how can you taste the tears if u cant see them cry:p:p

i only ignore/report gold spammers.

Edited by Lt-Snake

I don't use ignore much, but I am intolerant of rudeness and stupidity (in others) before coffee, so I may use ignore for a short while.

Yes, wipe! I've found I don't have much need for a long-term ignore list. Probably because there are very few idiots with staying power -- they either learn or leave. And credit spammers use a new name after a day or two. I like the suggestion above to use the 'friends' list to store comments -- allows flexibility.

Here's another tip: Use chat tabs. If you put General Chat in a separate tab, the garbage can flow unread while you are playing, read at your leisure.

*checks /ignore list* PvPer who complains about PvP being bad on a Non-PvP server x5... Gold spammers that likely aren't playing anymore x3... And People Who Can Annoy Me Even When I'm Drinking (Happy, giggly drunk when drinking here) x5...

Nah. Might clear off the spammerbots though. I would love at least a Legacy Faction-wide /ignore list, or even an /ignoreaccount far more.

But if the game auto-cleared deleted characters for me, that would be nice.

Most of my ignore list is credit-spammers, I usually clear those out of the list every couple months since those names/accounts have likely been closed as they've moved on to new ones anyway.

The rest of my list is just because of racist/bigoted comments, and I have no burning desire to hear what those players have to say.

No, because there are only a couple people on there, and they're there for a good reason...they are literally the worst people I've ever teamed with. Not worth my time to give them another chance.

No, because there are only a couple people on there, and they're there for a good reason...they are literally the worst people I've ever teamed with. Not worth my time to give them another chance.

Everyone is new at some point and can learn how to play. For example, I have a friend in another MMO that performed horrible and when we taught him how to use his class he suddenly performed extraordinary.

I am not saying that you put new players that have not learned how to play on your ignorelist but everyone can have a bad day :tran_wink:

Edited by Icestar