No Reusable Stims and Adrenals in 3.0 is increadibly frustrating.

Beakertanks

The current reusable stims will still be here right? Or do they delete those?

I can manage with using a current reusable for grinding, FPs and leveling and using a new stim once in a while for harder ops.

yeah i don't think they would remove current reusable stims, but don't quote me on that....also im in the crowd that want to keep all reusable stim in game both old and new...reusable should never be take out of the game ...reusables shouldnt even have a timer duration >.<:p since its weaker...also think they need to reduce the overprice rakata stims lol even though no one use those unless they are level 50 :p

Edited by Lt-Snake

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They stated in one of their recent streams about 3.0 that there would be no reuseables. It has also been a topic of much conversation the past month in other threads. This is actual news and not exactly new. It's good for biochem in the money making department and discourages people having the same crafting skill on all their alts.

They stated in one of their recent streams about 3.0 that there would be no reuseables. It has also been a topic of much conversation the past month in other threads. This is actual news and not exactly new. It's good for biochem in the money making department and discourages people having the same crafting skill on all their alts.

with only 6 craftable crew skill, 16AC and 22 character slots i fail to see how this would discourage players from having multiple of the same crew skill...this is just another dumb change for no reason if it turns out to be true..and your reason is also dumb since its makes no sense..

also they haven't stated anything about crew skill in the other streams..nor were they any other topics until now about this issue....if u can provide proof then i will retract this statement.

Edited by Lt-Snake

Removing reusables makes Biochem more profitable for moneymaking, and more balanced with the other class skills. It's the right move imo.

We all have Biochem these days, at least on alts. What kind of profits? :rolleyes:

Edited by Glower

The fun part is that I have actually thought of this before. I have all tradeskills on my characters but the ones without biochem have much less /played the the others.

If they remove the re-usables I will probably play my other characters that does not have biochem more.

I do not see this change as a bad thing actually

Edited by Icestar

We can just find a good spot to farm materials in these new planets, I used to gather 99 Turadium + 99 Mythra in 40~45 minutes in Makeb on a heroic 2 area.

about 1 hour for biochem.

What they REALLY need to do is reduce the materials, Scaveng is only 2, while Biochem is 3.

it isn't. but why shouldn't it be?

It is. And it shouldn't be because there is more than one profession, and those who don't take it shouldn't be "punished" for not taking it. The only other profession that still has a you-must-have-this-profession-to-use-this item is cybertech grenades, which I'd also argue should have the reusable aspect removed. Either that or allow everyone to use them infinitely, whether they have the profession or not.

It is. And it shouldn't be because there is more than one profession, and those who don't take it shouldn't be "punished" for not taking it. The only other profession that still has a you-must-have-this-profession-to-use-this item is cybertech grenades, which I'd also argue should have the reusable aspect removed. Either that or allow everyone to use them infinitely, whether they have the profession or not.

I agree with this guy...

We all have Biochem these days, at least on alts. What kind of profits? :rolleyes:

Ah, but not everyone will once there's no point in having it on every raiding toon you own. Thus, the market for stims and adrenals will actually exist, instead of everyone just making their own reusable once and never buying more.

I really hope thats not true. Id apreciate some DEV clarification on that. I recently levelled 2 new chars and spent each half a mill credits to get biochem at 450 in preparation for 3.0. Additionally i bought the reusables i need. I hate buying consumables all time and am not very interested in crafting that much. If this is true that would be a big slap in my face and really makes me feel deeply disappointed. If thats true i spent 1.5million credits on professions id have to switch then again because i already have a third char with biochem up. If this is true thats a stinky kind of giving out information to players....especially in this situation, preparing for 3.0 !!!

If u implement such a change u need to inform players BEFORE the expansion hits. U cant do it like "oh, reusables, ya sorry, we changed that, not possible anymore" ! Players are preparing and relying on the information u give out !

Edited by heizluefta

If by much more superior you mean +15 Main Stat and +7 power then yes. Way more superior. That's like 6 damage after all.

But just like having a couple datacrons isn't going to make a huge difference, if you're seriously doing things like "upgrading" stims from purple to blues than there may be a larger issue.

it's enough of a difference considering how easy the blue stims are to make.

i never used the purple ones even with my biochem characters. no point.

I really hope thats not true. Id apreciate some DEV clarification on that. I recently levelled 2 new chars and spent each half a mill credits to get biochem at 450 in preparation for 3.0. Additionally i bought the reusables i need. I hate buying consumables all time and am not very interested in crafting that much. If this is true that would be a big slap in my face and really makes me feel deeply disappointed. If thats true i spent 1.5million credits on professions id have to switch then again because i already have a third char with biochem up. If this is true thats a stinky kind of giving out information to players....especially in this situation, preparing for 3.0 !!!

If u implement such a change u need to inform players BEFORE the expansion hits. U cant do it like "oh, reusables, ya sorry, we changed that, not possible anymore" ! Players are preparing and relying on the information u give out !

its an mmo

things change all the time. this is an expansion. sorry to say, but you have to just deal with it.

Really this just hurts progression raiders the most.

10-15 pulls on a boss.

1-2 adrenals per pull.

1-2 medpacks per pull.

5-6k repair bill per pull.

You can do the math from there. Stims are negligible. You should be using blues anyway.

If you have to use adrenals and medpacks on trash mobs you need better healers. Also you can only use 1 med pack per fight and your math is way off on the repair bill cost unless you dying quite often.....in which case you need better healers.

"This is an mmo"

This i think is too simple. If they do such a change they should inform in a dev post like they did regarding the other changes. Just saying "this is an mmo" is not a point. And im quite mmo expierienced. Also theres no reason to produce problems. If they wanna change that...ok...but inform us !!! What would u say having spent 1.5 mill for the toilet ? And i really try to be informed all the time to prefent those situations. Im sure that if that is true many ppl would like to know that -.-

Otherwise give me my 1.5 mill credits back ********** ! I hate insufficient information politics !

Edited by heizluefta

If you have to use adrenals and medpacks on trash mobs you need better healers. Also you can only use 1 med pack per fight and your math is way off on the repair bill cost unless you dying quite often.....in which case you need better healers.

Woah.

A. I believe his comments and numbers were in reference to boss pulls.

B. Stealth classes can certainly use more than one medpack per fight, as can anyone who is battled rezzed.

C. 5k+ repair bill per person is about right for a single wipe in 180/186 gear. So there is no exaggeration there.

When OPs are on farm, it's not a big deal, but I can see progression being a little bit pricier than in the past.

Woah.

A. I believe his comments and numbers were in reference to boss pulls.

B. Stealth classes can certainly use more than one medpack per fight, as can anyone who is battled rezzed.

C. 5k+ repair bill per person is about right for a single wipe in 180/186 gear. So there is no exaggeration there.

When OPs are on farm, it's not a big deal, but I can see progression being a little bit pricier than in the past.

Pull was defined in the first one with 10-15 pulls per boss. I can only assume that is for trash because there is no reason you should be dying on a boss fight that often unless your team has no idea what they are doing.