After maxing out my crafting at Level 50, I can tell you its worthless...

Sevenpifers

I think everyone is getting a little off base with the posts original idea. He ISN'T arguing that he has to raid for mats. He IS however arguing that the items the mats are for are useless. You can get better gear through daily quests and raiding than you can through crafting ( which you need to raid for end lvl mats). So therefore he is simply statng that craftng is useless. Why craft an end lvl item (That you need to raid for materials) when you can get a drop from a boss that is way better in less time?

This is the epic failure of every MMO ever.

Edited by Ecliptech

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand, you dont raid so why would you want to be able to craft raid level gear? What would you use the gear for if you're not going to raid?

You raid to get gear to raid to get gear to raid to get gear. The game is based on gear progression, and without it crafting has no sense of advancemnt.

most unfortunately, this game follows wow.

I wish people would stop saying this garbage.

This game follows wow no more or no less than any other MMO out there .. get out of your bubble, please? There are many more MMOs out there besides and before wow, which wow happened to copy from themselves. Wow may be the biggest but it wasn't the first and won't be last and it's definitely not the only.

Lucky you didnt go with Artifice. Mines going to be 400 tonight and everything I an make you can pull out of Orange Gear bought at vendors. Its very upsetting.

The Rare color crystal schematics are no doubt dropped on boss 5 EV Nightmare mode. They could have at LEAST made us have stuff that you can't get elsewhere so people ask me for my services.

I think everyone is getting a little off base with the posts original idea. He ISN'T arguing that he has to raid for mats. He IS however arguing that the items the mats are for are useless. You can get better gear through daily quests and raiding than you can through crafting ( which you need to raid for end lvl mats). So therefore he is simply statng that craftng is useless. Why craft an end lvl item (That you need to raid for materials) when you can get a drop from a boss that is way better in less time?

This is the epic failure of every MMO ever.

QFT. Game been out for a week and I lost interest because Swtor is typical korean grinding game. You will get better awarded buy farming trash or raiding.

So what is the point putting any crafting at all in to game?

As well crafting mechanics in Swtor is most ridiculous I ever seen.

Crafting green item takes 1 min, crafting blue takes 3 min. Plus you have send companion to do missions for crafting mats. Missions take 3-6 min and that is not all, time to time companion comes back empty, "sorry boss, no loot this time.".

What is this, are devs laughing on peoples who like craft and trade?

To me Swtor looks like Aion 2, just story is better. I wouldn't dare even compare with WoW, despite WoW crafting system is pretty mutch lame. Swtor can't get even close to WoW.

So yes, yet another totally useless grinding MMO.

QFT. Game been out for a week and I lost interest because Swtor is typical korean grinding game. You will get better awarded buy farming trash or raiding.

So what is the point putting any crafting at all in to game?

As well crafting mechanics in Swtor is most ridiculous I ever seen.

Crafting green item takes 1 min, crafting blue takes 3 min. Plus you have send companion to do missions for crafting mats. Missions take 3-6 min and that is not all, time to time companion comes back empty, "sorry boss, no loot this time.".

What is this, are devs laughing on peoples who like craft and trade?

To me Swtor looks like Aion 2, just story is better. I wouldn't dare even compare with WoW, despite WoW crafting system is pretty mutch lame. Swtor can't get even close to WoW.

So yes, yet another totally useless grinding MMO.

Edit: Forgot mention, why resource nodes always have to be camped buy trash?

In SWG there were guilds who only crafted and sold stuff to the raiders. That was their job, and that's what they enjoyed doing.

This is a "Role Playing Game!" If people want to craft and be good at it, they shouldn't be required to raid. Yes the mats should still come from the raids, but they should be tradable autionable. Not all role players want to play the role of the epic fighter who takes down the big boss.

When game devs like on this one learn that it's about the player and their freedom of choice then they will get the bigger picture.

And to answer the question "What would you use the gear for if you don't raid?" Who cares what they would use the gear for?! It doesn't affect you does it?!

Don't bother guys, And Bioware please listen.

Look, I poured alot of money into crafting, I put at least 250k into Armstech scavenging and investigation.

Now your telling me after I paid all that money and did all that work that I now have to raid to get three Rare drops to craft them? Really? Are you serious?

Honestly I can do the pvp zone on Ilum and get purples in five minutes.

Your telling me to make Blues I need to raid....Plus get the mats, Plus buy the Schematic plus the skill level plus the time.

I'm sorry but this needs to change guys. The non weapon/Armor crafting professions get all they're goodies like re-usable medpacs and to get 20+ cunning or Endurance we need to raid and buy all the other stuff.....

I should have listened to my friends before I maxed this out. I had fun leveling it, And I enjoyed it. But raiding for more rares then you would a regular raid weapon drop is not common curiosity to someone who spent all that money and work.

So what are all your thoughts on this?

In all honesty this game rewards those who put the immense amounts of time people put into their crafting... You spend hours and hours in the right ways and you can make:

• A S#%T ton of money
  • Some bad***** gear
  • The love and respect of your underlings (Never mind... Eff everyone else!)

I personally love the crafting in this game.. After having bashed my head into a wall for 7 years in WoW I find it refeshing to have to actually give a ****. Not to mention if done right you shouldn't need to really buy any of your materials! Just ensure you have the right gathering skill.

Just IMHO...

In SWG there were guilds who only crafted and sold stuff to the raiders. That was their job, and that's what they enjoyed doing.

This is a "Role Playing Game!" If people want to craft and be good at it, they shouldn't be required to raid. Yes the mats should still come from the raids, but they should be tradable autionable. Not all role players want to play the role of the epic fighter who takes down the big boss.

When game devs like on this one learn that it's about the player and their freedom of choice then they will get the bigger picture.

And to answer the question "What would you use the gear for if you don't raid?" Who cares what they would use the gear for?! It doesn't affect you does it?!

If there was a crafting system like SWG in this game, as much as I like to raid and PvP....I'd probably just become a full time crafter again. LOL

I don't really understand the complaint. If you don't want to raid for materials, and you don't want to pvp for pvp gear, what do you want to do to get the materials for the highest level crafting schematics?

If materials were so easy that you could just go farm them solo, it would overshadow gear obtained through group play. And if you don't want to do any group play, why do you need the gear in the first place?

I'm all for there being crafting schematics that are equal to, or slightly outshine, operation gear. But be realistic; if the gear is going to be that good, you're going to have to put in a similar amount of work to attain the materials for them.

+1 if you don't wanna raid and pvp why do ya need gear to RAID and PVP... this thread is really confusing i'm only on page 2 maybe it gets better

I don't know which MMO introduced that 'Bind on Pickup' or 'Bind on Equip' crap, but the MMO's I've played never had such stuff (except for VERY few quest-rewards, but that's stuff everyone could do easily). You could help out low players by giving them your old gear (which was useless sooner or later because of you could not repair it forever), you could trade everything, you could get brought everything you needed.

But the way it is in SW:ToR, it seems like: You are a crafter? Go and raid, and don't let your guildmates bring you the stuff, you need to take part! It feels a bit like 'Facebook', it's oversocializing and in the same step destroying anything that makes 'social interacting' what it is.

Not only because of these few aspects I'm already thinking about to cancel my sub before my 30 days of 'free time' run out.

Edited by pryt

+1 if you don't wanna raid and pvp why do ya need gear to RAID and PVP... this thread is really confusing i'm only on page 2 maybe it gets better

Everybody wants to be good at "something." Some people want to be good at crafting, some people want to be good at spice trading, others raiding. The point is, this is a role playing game and there should be a way to do that without being forced down one and only one route.

Use your imagination people. There is not one and only one way to play an MMO. We don't like being told that if we want to be "good" crafters then we have to raid.

People want nice gear for progression and it feels good to get new gear, regardless of whether a person raids or not.

Shouldnt restrict any gear to raiding.

It's a really bad model to restrict high end crafting gear to only raiders.

People want nice gear for progression and it feels good to get new gear, regardless of whether a person raids or not.

Shouldnt restrict any gear to raiding.

It's a really bad model to restrict high end crafting gear to only raiders.

couldn't disagree more if crafters could make raid level gear with little to no effort then it eliminates the entire point of raiding which is to get the best available gear i am probably gonna get a lot of flak for this but i think raiding 10+ hours a week warrants better gear then sitting on the fleet sending comps on missions, besides are the crafting items from raid BoP (not sure but if they aren't then crafters don't "need" to raid for raid gear) if their BoE all the more power to crafters with the mods system in place acting very similar to jewelcrafting the only crafters who have room to complain are armortechs and synthweavers who don't make any

your not getting raid quality gear by crafting with out raiding was pretty much stated over and over again. Armortech, and syntheweave are both mostly for modable armors can get... but like guy above me said i wish i'd done cybertech... far more useful in grand scheme of things, as honestly past leveling those professions are very lack luster compared to other professions

i think that's his point though, you can get BETTER than raid quality gear, by not raiding. and that even the very best of crafting schematics doesn't come close.

it should be the other way round, in that crafted gear should be the best in the game, with the materials to make it being the rarest to find.

seriously, go look on torhead.com, look at the best schematic, and then look at the best chestpiece in the game for the same class. then come back and tell me it's all okay.

Edited by Almghty_gir

Im far far from endgame crafting so I dont know how it is.

But I wouldnt mind endgame crafting-gear being less powerful than raid-drops.

Exclusion being crafting shematics dropped from raids.

I would however like the normal max level crafting-gear to perhaps be visually unique with many visual variants, moddable and equal to heroic 2+ mission-drops if such exists at level 50.

The lightsabers you craft with artificing require 3 alloys that drop from final bosses in flashpoints... but you get a better lightsaber through dailies without that.

So making lightsabers and mods and hilts is pointless when you can get better from dailies. Relics might be of use. Color crystals provide a minimal upgrade after spending lots of time and effort to get the epic ones...

Basically ... dont bother getting crafting professions in the game unless its biochem, bioanal, and slicing imho.

i am probably gonna get a lot of flak for this but i think raiding 10+ hours a week warrants better gear then sitting on the fleet sending comps on missions,

no it does not. 10+ hours of raiding is your preference. it does not surpass the preference of someone who is 'sitting' at the fleet 'sending companions' to crafting missions.

the fact that you see 'sitting at the fleet', crafting as something 'less worthy' is a pointer in itself. i, personally, see raiding as an utter idiocy - you rendezvous with 19 other people on a certain date and hour, you indenture yourself to mashing keys for 4+ hours, you cant even stand up and easily go to the loo whenever you need it, and in the end something with 1% chance may or may not drop - something which will make your gear progress 0.1% or so - of course, that is if you actually have the right to loot it in dkp. ah, also this is probably the 5th or 8th run of that particular raid.

its silly. and utter waste of time. it is definitely not a 'game'.

but this is a GAME. its not work/job. there is no other way of seeing this.

noone's fun has to be get hampered due to your personal preferences.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.