Star Wars 7 Official Trailer!

JidaiDerriphan

That light saber looks like sh*t. Absolutely horrid.

The X-wings were kinda cool.

Will not watch though. Movie looks like crap.

agreed..beside the fact the light saber cross guard looks like total FAIL, i did notice how short and small the handle of that saber looks, BW do see how normal the handle of the saber look, compared to your over size saber on the CM lol learn from this and make your saber normal again like in vanilla TOR:p

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must agree. Be it cannon or legends, lightsabers have always had a style that was the same, even when they were attached by cords to battery packs. If they wanted to make something cool and unique there are many examples to choose from for ideas. An example is Tenal-ka's lightsaber was made from a Rancor tooth. There were many ways to make it cool and different, and more sith like with out it being a lightsaber with a cross guard rd made of mini lightsabers.

yes this is true, they should have done something with the handle and make it look different in terms of what you describe above...they are so much cool design they could of choose from, and yet the went that crap..

let stick to what was in the original trilogy...mmk! :p

Yet it is proven that Disney is pulling lore from the expanded universe.

... mmk.

The narrow vision and imagination of people that are fans of a universe with stories spanning multiple thousands of years astounds me.

Edited by Tamanous

i meant in the sense of practicality, that what JJ Abram said he was doing with EP7..Across Guard on a light saber in the teaser trailer looks unpractical. period.

As silly as swords throughout history having it. Silly, silly, silly.

Every single jedi/sith in Star Wars history builds their lightsaber to reflect their personality and taste. Every single jedi/sith player in every video game ever made goes out of their way to find that one specific lightsaber that defines their look.

The cross guard lightsaber is not your lightsaber. It belongs to the Sith in the movie who doesn't give a rats arse what you think.

Wild guess your pissed and moaned and got all snide when you saw Darth Maul light his up huh

actually no i wasn't, that double bladed saber made sense from a offensive and defensive pov...when fighting multiple opponents. i guess that is why George decided to reveal it there when maul was faced with two opponents. because maul only activated one blade on the saber when he fought Qui gon in the desert.... but a wild guess! you must of miss that detail, how :eek:shocking:rolleyes:

Edited by Lt-Snake

Well, I'm sold. So far. Just a trailer, still loads ways to eff it up..... :D

That jumpscare trooper comes into view was so unnecessary.

But I liked the low flying X-Wings, and the saber with crossguards has me intrigued.

They better use that in a meaningful way, otherwise it's just lame different saber because different. :rolleyes:

The jumpscare was awkwardly funny, it was like "look a black man in Star Wars OMG!" Edited by Beniboybling

As silly as swords throughout history having it. Silly, silly, silly.

Every single jedi/sith in Star Wars history builds their lightsaber to reflect their personality and taste. Every single jedi/sith player in every video game ever made goes out of their way to find that one specific lightsaber that defines their look.

The cross guard lightsaber is not your lightsaber. It belongs to the Sith in the movie who doesn't give a rats arse what you think.

how cute you have nothing to add to the discussion:eek:

its common for a sword to have a cross guard, wow is that so hard for you to comprehend!?

its uncommon for a light saber to have a cross guard...

Edited by Lt-Snake

its common for a sword to have a cross guard, wow is that so hard for you to comprehend!?

its uncommon for a light saber to have a cross guard...

It still is. There is only 2 revealed examples of it throughout the entire Star Wars EU.

I am not the one with the understanding problem. A Sith (and movie) wants to stand out so constructs a lightsaber rarely seen and would have been specialized for his combat style. Why is this so hard for you to understand? It is rare ... WHICH IS WHY HE HAS IT!!!

It is not a matter of it not making sense. This is a matter of you not willing to accept it.

I'd say it's amazing that some edgy teenagers who have to be contrarians have decided to hijack this thread about a new Star Wars film, but it really isn't. There a reason everybody hates the Official Forums of this game and this is a big part of it.

You people would find a way to complain if Jennifer Lawrence turned up naked on your doorstep.

"Not got a 14 inch meat feast pizza with you? And that hair colour is pathetic. Nope, 2/10, not interested"

It still is. There is only 2 revealed examples of it throughout the entire Star Wars EU.

I am not the one with the understanding problem. A Sith (and movie) wants to stand out so constructs a lightsaber rarely seen and would have been specialized for his combat style. Why is this so hard for you to understand? It is rare ... WHICH IS WHY HE HAS IT!!!

It is not a matter of it not making sense. This is a matter of you not willing to accept it.

ok i get it you like lightsabers on your lightsaber

I'd say it's amazing that some edgy teenagers who have to be contrarians have decided to hijack this thread about a new Star Wars film, but it really isn't. There a reason everybody hates the Official Forums of this game and this is a big part of it.

You people would find a way to complain if Jennifer Lawrence turned up naked on your doorstep.

"Not got a 14 inch meat feast pizza with you? And that hair colour is pathetic. Nope, 2/10, not interested"

Is there a point to your comment or is it just to insult? Are we not discussing the trailer by talking about one of the most prominent things from it?

Is there a point to your comment or is it just to insult? Are we not discussing the trailer by talking about one of the most prominent things from it?

Oh yeah:

Will not watch though. Movie looks like crap.

I'm sure that is a well reasoned debating point reached after a long thought process based on a 90 second clip of a 2 hour plus film.

Jar Jar, Midichlorians and Han shooting after Greedo shot first is canon. Just putting that out there.

Just because something is canon does not mean it is automatically great or appealing. For the sith sword, it is out of the ordinary with respect to traditional light sabers, much like Count Dookus curved hilt saber or Mauls double saber.

It is a matter of taste. Personally I think it might grow on me, but it did surprise me when I first saw it in the trailer.

Also note, the guard generally does not exist to prevent slippage...it exists to protect the persons hand from blade strikes when deflecting enemy blows. Blades often travel along the edge of a sword when parried, and around the 10th century crossgaurds were put in place to protect the sword wielders hand from injury.

Also, insulting something you like does not translate into a personal insult to you....and attacking someone that does not care for something you like is a sign of weakness.

Edited by LordArtemis

I never play a force user in video games or Star Wars RPG. I am interested though in how they represent the combat style with a cross guard ligthsaber. Could be interesting.

Again, it doesn't matter what you think. It's not your lightsaber.

I don't see the point of baby beams. Whoever wields that lightsaber is begging to lose a hand. Which, of course, is bound to happen in a Star Wars trilogy.....you keep saying it don't matter what i think or the Sith in the movie don't care what i think...i guess if the critics review the teaser trailer and they didn't like the Sith cross guard saber then, you or the sith won't care what they think either right? lol..in the end it seems to me like you want me to agree with you and if i don't then my opinon don't matter.

The Cross Saber would not make sense if your mind is stuck inside the box. If the fighting style makes use of it then I am all for the change, if it doesn't then it will most likely be the Jar Jar of light sabers. Either way I am excited for the movie and to see how it all plays out. Edited by Ghouley