The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lethal Shot replaces Snipe

VdFExarKun

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And your illogical crying about when you're getting buffed is making everyone else giggle.

With the current dot spec meta in solo ranked, this will not be a buff. A good sniper wont get globalled anyways and doesnt need the 75% dmg reduction, however a good sniper cant do anything now with 3 creeping terrors on him/her.

How about a class gets an ability like the Warrior in WoW with which you can destroy the barrier like the Warrior can destroy a pala bubble or an iceblock from a mage.

So merc, right?

If your teammates are so bad that they can't cast a net knowing when a sage will bubble, no bubble break will help you.

Also, as to the thread... I think it was just bad wording, it looks a lot more powerful and hard hitting than snipe, so IMO it'll be replacing snipe in that it costs same energy, same channel time and no cool down, replacing it in that there's literally never a reason to use snipe instead. Doesn't mean it keeps the same priority level.

What I am saying is that Bioware is giving the wrong reasons to remove the purge if they are keeping it for sorcs, if you adjust an abiltiy please give the correct argumentation for it.

Their argument is sound, you're introducing a completely separate element and creating a false equivalency. Barrier isn't anything like evasion, it's not even used the same way. The reason barrier has purge is because it would be dot a moot point if it didn't. Why don't we remove it's ability to break stun while we're at it, so that the player remains stun while channeling and immune to damage :rolleyes:

Edited by TezMoney

So merc, right?

If your teammates are so bad that they can't cast a net knowing when a sage will bubble, no bubble break will help you.

Also, as to the thread... I think it was just bad wording, it looks a lot more powerful and hard hitting than snipe, so IMO it'll be replacing snipe in that it costs same energy, same channel time and no cool down, replacing it in that there's literally never a reason to use snipe instead. Doesn't mean it keeps the same priority level.

Its actually cheaper than snipe :p

I just heard the dumbest thing ever on the swtor live stream.

Considering all the other changes its quite obvious they didnt consult top Tier pvp Player very much. First example was dotspread deathfield, then there was crippling throw and finally they Made kolto Probe refreshed by surgical probe without making kolto Probe beeing ticking when applied.

With the current dot spec meta in solo ranked, this will not be a buff. A good sniper wont get globalled anyways and doesnt need the 75% dmg reduction, however a good sniper cant do anything now with 3 creeping terrors on him/her.

An argument about the current meta is about as moot as you can get, considering that said meta is most likely going to shift in only four days.

An argument about the current meta is about as moot as you can get, considering that said meta is most likely going to shift in only four days.

Yeah, this is one thing that I was thinking about. Didn't they say that DOTs were being made to not be as easily removable so they could tone down their damage without hurting their sustained?

I do get the argument about the forcing different abilities on people; though. Its changing the play style for some ACs that people liked. For eng/sab; they look to me like they will do MUCH more damage, but using EMP discharge in a rotation and as a 3rd GCD (EDIT: Actuallynot a 3rd GCD as sab is currently at least off the GCD) to do the little 2 second stun and removing its more improv utility of refreshing high tail it, hunker down, and cool head really changes the way the class will be played.

In a way, it makes sense as it seems thats what the envision for every class is a set rotation they can predict their meta off of for balancing to go with their disciplines but in the end, it's really a start of homogenizing classes.

Edited by Technohic

Yeah, this is one thing that I was thinking about. Didn't they say that DOTs were being made to not be as easily removable so they could tone down their damage without hurting their sustained?

I do get the argument about the forcing different abilities on people; though. Its changing the play style for some ACs that people liked. For eng/sab; they look to me like they will do MUCH more damage, but using EMP discharge in a rotation and as a 3rd GCD (EDIT: Actuallynot a 3rd GCD as sab is currently at least off the GCD) to do the little 2 second stun and removing its more improv utility of refreshing high tail it, hunker down, and cool head really changes the way the class will be played.

In a way, it makes sense as it seems thats what the envision for every class is a set rotation they can predict their meta off of for balancing to go with their disciplines but in the end, it's really a start of homogenizing classes.

Yeah, I guess we have to live and wait a couple of months until they gathered enough data to decide what to change.

The new discipline system is just the start and ofc not perfect, they will most likely adjust it overtime.

I hope it won't take them too long as soon as they see that class XXX has problems in this and that area.

Yeah, I guess we have to live and wait a couple of months until they gathered enough data to decide what to change.

DING DING DING!

They are making a lot of changes. Of course they have to test those changes on live in order to see how they ACTUALLY play out.

Now here, have a cookie, dry your eyes and get ready for some new things :p

I'll be playing my old specs. If the concealment burst is totally gone, i hope the metrics will show that we are under performing and they will fix that.

Edited by vennian

they admitted that concealments burst is unintentionally lower due to the removal of hidden strike, when will we see a fix? 4.8

No, its the cooldown on backstab when opening from stealth (the "new" hidden strike) that wa unintentional. They are aware of it.

No, its the cooldown on backstab when opening from stealth (the "new" hidden strike) that wa unintentional. They are aware of it.

im pretty sure the cool down was intentional and the possible fix was making it not trigger a CD when used from stealth

all im saying is i dont expect a change any time soon, maybe another nerf to the acid blade dot :rak_01:

I can live with that. I play because of the playstyle, not because of numbers. I've never played focus on my sent, and prefer watchman since early 2012 :D