The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lethal Shot replaces Snipe

VdFExarKun

I just heard the dumbest thing ever on the swtor live stream.

Apparently Lethal Shot replaces Snipe in the rotation of Lethality.

Are you *********** serious?!

First off, there is no rotation for Lethality but a priority list. So good that BW doesn't know that.

Secondly, you don't use Snipe as a Lethality Sniper.

Guess who's playing his Sniper since ages and who is All-Galaxy Sniper and Slinger and will be soon Famously Furious Sniper and Slinger that has never ever used Snipe while playing Lethality/Dirty Fighting.

I applaud you BW for not knowing your own class. No wonder why Sniper had such a hard time this year and prolly will too next year. Explains a lot.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, there is no rotation for Lethality but a priority list. So good that BW doesn't know that.

Guess who's playing his Sniper since ages and who is All-Galaxy Sniper and Slinger and will be soon Famously Furious Sniper and Slinger that has never ever used Snipe while playing Lethality/Dirty Fighting.

I applaud you BW for not knowing your own class. No wonder why Sniper had such a hard time this year and prolly will too next year. Explains a lot.

Same reason why Operatives have a "better" Backstab in Lethality without positional requirement.

Yes, learn to use Snipe while Lethal Shot is the replacement for it and Lethality never used Snipe. Nice try troll.:rolleyes:

His point is you should start changing the way you play. I know this might be shocking for you, but you spec is changing in 3.0, either adapt or abandon.

Yes, teach me how to Sniper/Slinger. I am clueless.

i mean you are only the #1 sniper and gunslinger, i guess you should have the top 5 all to your self then you are competent enough to know the class.

But seriously telling Cryyc to L2P or L2A is kinda funny when he's been 3 time #1 sniper, and honestly he is right, the amount of snipes you use is VERY low

Yes, teach me how to Sniper/Slinger. I am clueless.

I think you are misunderstanding what Bioware is trying to do here.

Let's assume they KNOW that Snipe isn't a skill you use that often as Lethality Sniper.

Let's further assume they want to give those Snipers another Skill, something new to use in their

rotations/priority list.

Now they had two Options:

1. Add a new skill that differs alot from all existing skills and fits into the spec

2. Replace an existing skill that has no or a low use for that spec, but still needs to exist for other specs.

What Bioware did was Option 2.

PS: I don't think you need to learn how to play your class, but maybe how to be a better "class idol".

Edited by Volumenintegral

the thing about being a really good/best player of a class doesnt make you an "idol" thats something that people put on you because of stupid assumptions. I wont speak for him but this is pretty much with anything, just because you idolize someone doesnt mean they want to be idolized. He's good and his opinion carries alot of weight, but in no way should he be considered an "idol", he's a good player and a funny guy

the thing about being a really good/best player of a class doesnt make you an "idol" thats something that people put on you because of stupid assumptions. I wont speak for him but this is pretty much with anything, just because you idolize someone doesnt mean they want to be idolized. He's good and his opinion carries alot of weight, but in no way should he be considered an "idol", he's a good player and a funny guy

I guess my sarcasm didn't make it threw...anyway the replacement was a valid option and i think it isn't the worst they could have done. :)

Bioware took away the Marauder's only ranged root . I honestly think its time to reroll fotm class.

They have their idea what a class should be and it doesn't matter to them what it is to someone already. They WANT you to use a snipe skill (and adding internal damage to it for the lethality version is a decent incentive) and they want everyone to have a nice, predictable rotation so your DPS comes in range of their metrics so they will try to force this on you, just like forcing the scoundrel version to use carbine burst. They don't want merely priorities with improv ability.

Its the same thing with sab/eng. What they REALLY didn't like was the free-form use of EMP discharge as a utility so they remove it and force it in a rotation. It's also clear that they want to reduce CC and make sure DOTs cannot be cleansed to remove those variables as well. Again. Have to make those metrics predictable.

Before we know it, we will all be just running around letting the rotations work.

Edited by Technohic

I must say i was underwhelmed aswell.

Im an early access sniper and even though the idea is cool, its usefulness is in question. In pve Snipe is a last alternative filler that rarely comes around.

in PvP its nothing because you will be too busy with the core rotation and swaping targets

Now if in addition it also refreshed all the dots you have on target, THAT would be cause to add it to rotation

I like the idea of having internal/elementail tied into abilities like snipe and overload shot. but yeah

Edited by Kalliadies

Clearly I was inferring you didn't know how to play your class. You may not need help w/ your rotation, but your self esteem could use some work.

Not sure what relevance self esteem has here, besides your own. He brought up a point and you people are trolling. I personally don't think snipe is an issue since leth doesn't use it anyway. Maybe they wanted to make it look like they were changing something without actually changing anything.

My biggest concern about sniper is they removed our best dcd, the purging effect of evasion. Now we can't cleanse dots. That seems like a bigger problem. Can the guy doing the pts confirm that, because I can't help but think mm will have major bleed to death issues and it also affects ballistic dampers negatively.

Not sure what relevance self esteem has here, besides your own. He brought up a point and you people are trolling. I personally don't think snipe is an issue since leth doesn't use it anyway. Maybe they wanted to make it look like they were changing something without actually changing anything.

My biggest concern about sniper is they removed our best dcd, the purging effect of evasion. Now we can't cleanse dots. That seems like a bigger problem. Can the guy doing the pts confirm that, because I can't help but think mm will have major bleed to death issues and it also affects ballistic dampers negatively.

Low self esteem is normally at the root of insecure behavior. Such as defending himself against a L2P argument that was never made. I also resent the accusation of trolling, half the time I seriously doubt people even know what that word means anymore. However I can assure my post was sincere, and I'm pretty sure the post I was expounding on was too.

As for why purge was removed. They actually explained that it was because the purpose of a purge is only to allow stealth classes to stealth when they're dot'd. It was removed for stylistic reason, just like ops lost orbital strike.

Couple of things to note about virulence:

1. DoTs are lasting longer and not cleansable

2. Explosive probe is gone

3. Lethal Shot is cheaper and has a poison effect that interacts with other abilities.

These combine to have Lethal Shot as a much more viable move in 3.0 than snipe is in 2.10 Lethality

Low self esteem is normally at the root of insecure behavior. Such as defending himself against a L2P argument that was never made. I also resent the accusation of trolling, half the time I seriously doubt people even know what that word means anymore. However I can assure my post was sincere, and I'm pretty sure the post I was expounding on was too.

As for why purge was removed. They actually explained that it was because the purpose of a purge is only to allow stealth classes to stealth when they're dot'd. It was removed for stylistic reason, just like ops lost orbital strike.

This is why I love when you heal on my team. You know what your talking about and these posts prove it. However to whom your quoting this is not trolling we all are gonna need to adapt to our class as well as other classes "the x12 exp is gonna help those who need that insight from the outside in" and I'm damn sure I'm gonna be trying to figure out everyone's little OP rotation so I can screw it up with my good blazing bolts.

This is why I love when you heal on my team. You know what your talking about and these posts prove it. However to whom your quoting this is not trolling we all are gonna need to adapt to our class as well as other classes "the x12 exp is gonna help those who need that insight from the outside in" and I'm damn sure I'm gonna be trying to figure out everyone's little OP rotation so I can screw it up with my good blazing bolts.

100% agree... but uh what's your char's name LOL