Game Update 3.0 Class Changes: Guardian + Juggernaut

TaitWatson

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how much I like the changes, I enjoy the skill tree, and the freedom it gives. Allowing me to spend my skill points how I like. The new changes seem to only help in pvp, not doing much for pve at all. Now I'm forced in one path.

I haven't seen anyone else mention it but according to the dulfy skill tree it looks like Endure pain got a slight nerf for Immortal Jugs, it now only reduces internal and elemental damage by 5% instead of 5% per point for a total of 10%.

The rest of the immortal abilities look good, we get the former crushing blow damage reduction from our sundering assault replacement, and a new 3% absorb buff we didn't have before.

My only other concern is lack of lower level utilities good for tanking The only ones I see for pve tanking in skillfull and masterful are the Payback for healing from our stun break and the sonic wall.

Heroic level seems to have about 5 that are good for tanks, with intimidating presence required as without it saber reflect doesn't generate agro and that is one of our major agro generators. I would like to see that threat portion of saber reflex put back into the tank tree and not part of the utility so that we have chances to take other things like the root break, cleansing enraged defense, enraged defense healing and intercede threat reduction all of which would benefit a tank and let them choose what would be appropriate for a fight if they were not forced to take the threat ability.

Alternatively moving Intercessor down from heroic to masterful might help as the tanks replacement of slow for their smash is useless outside of pvp.

I hope that the Vengeful Slam and Vigilant Thrust animations will get changed. They are way over the top compared to what the ability actually does. This would be something a boss would do in a flashpoint, not a player in PvP. No other classes have animations of this magnitude. It does less damage than for example Smash in the Rage tree, but it looks like it deals tons more. That's just messy and nonsensical.

Plus, this is sure to cause even more of a performance loss. Imagine several Vengeance/Vigilance players in a warzone. It's also unpleasant for the eyes, due to the intense burst of light.

And no, the solution is not to give the same animation to Rage. The solution is to simply drastically reduce the explosion effect, both in space and intensity.

• 1 month later...
HATE the global cooldown on riposte!! It was better before cause i was able to use it back to back with two other abilities... like Crushing Blow - Riposte - Force Scream for instance could be done within a second but now, i have to wait for riposte to under go the global cooldown, then use an ability and so on.... NOT GOOD, Hate IT!! :mad:

hate the global cooldown on riposte!! It was better before cause i was able to use it back to back with two other abilities... Like crushing blow - riposte - force scream for instance could be done within a second but now, i have to wait for riposte to under go the global cooldown, then use an ability and so on.... Not good, hate it!! :mad:

Rise thread! Rise and serve your forum masters once more! Rise! I command you! Rise!

Edited by KingFink