The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is it time to remove cost on swapping out mods for subscribers?

Vhaegrant

But if you think things are expensive now, imagine how bad it would be without sinks to moderate the continuous creation of credits.

I think the game could do with more credit sinks.

Some in the form of vendors that have bound items players might actually want to use.

There are some good examples of vendors that work, the collectors edition vendor has a non legacy set of orange gear and some other single use items that are not cost prohibitive.

And then there are the bad examples of vendors, such as the original legacy vendors, the legacy orange sets are expensive and class bound so can't even be used on a companion, when compared to the newer Reputation vendors with their cheap, adaptive orange gear it really shows the disparity (they were a useful source of orange bracers and belts way back but that has not been an issue for some time now - not to mention some of the sets are just about the worst class appearance options going ;) )

Many more of the vendors just carry white gear, mods that are overpriced compared to the ease of using planetary coms and gear that's just ugly (most of the social gear).

The gambling event was a good example of a credit sink. You could only buy the gambling chips from a vendor for credits, you then had to spend some time and pray to the gods of RNG that you got the mount without spending too much.

I just don't think a credit sink that penalises those players that actively support the uptake of cartel gear is overly useful.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would much rather see more effective credit sinks that would not represent barriers in my unqualified view. I am assuming that the Cartel event was a rather effective credit sink, and that made perfect sense IMO, but it was silly to make it an event instead of a game feature.

I would also like to see more "one use" items that have appeal added to vendors that one could purchase using credits, like small overall speed boosts, the ability to purchase Xp boosts with credits other than player sales from the CM stock, player revive consumables (work the same as the ability in combat), etc.

How about temporary crafting buffs that give a small boost to crit chance (perhaps 5 percent) and increase crafting speed (25 percent)? Single use planetary quicktravel items, like the unlocks in legacy. Group leader summon items that would allow you to summon one person to your location, unflagged, on the same planet and instance that is in your group.

Those types of things.

QT items were great, but the reduction of QT cooldowns ended up removing some of the appeal of that item.