Can Jedi enjoy combat ?

Pawlas

Can Jedi enjoy combat, according to the jedi code n stuff ? I'm obviously not talking about slaughtering your enemy and then bashing his corpse into blood pulp. I'm talking about pure test of your skills, no rage, no dark thoughts, just a honorable duel not intented of taking your enemy life if possible. What do you guys think ?

Can Jedi enjoy combat, according to the jedi code n stuff ? I'm obviously not talking about slaughtering your enemy and then bashing his corpse into blood pulp. I'm talking about pure test of your skills, no rage, no dark thoughts, just a honorable duel not intented of taking your enemy life if possible. What do you guys think ?

Dooku was like this before he turned Dark. Also Windu didn't like opponents who fled from fights. As long as the Jedi doesn't go out seeking battles that's fine but there have been Jedi in history who loved to test themselves to their limit. I'm sure such a mindset is frowned upon by the council but there's nothing inherently wrong with it as long as you don't let Pride/Arrogance dictate your actions.

The Jedi code always seems to be broken in some way by every Jedi. I'm sure the Jedi Counsel realizes there are going to be lapses no matter what they put in as the rules, but the rules are there to help keep powerful force users from becoming dark side power makes right types.

Not so much broken. The thing is the Jedi Code is more of a guidelines whereas the Sith Code is meant to be taken literally. Then you have Jedi who take it as the bible and end up sociopaths and you have Sith who taken it as a guideline who end up viewed as heretics.

Not so much broken. The thing is the Jedi Code is more of a guidelines whereas the Sith Code is meant to be taken literally. Then you have Jedi who take it as the bible and end up sociopaths and you have Sith who taken it as a guideline who end up viewed as heretics.

I don't think that interpretation is right either. The Jedi Code is more literal than figurative, while the Sith Code looks more like guidelines, though the Sith in TOR and later movies and novels seem more like savage brutes than honor bound and noble warriors. The Jedi very much are literal with their interpretation of the code, take a look at Yoda who firmly stated and believed that once you go Dark side there is no turning back, ever. And this in the face of so many people that prove him wrong. Hell as a Sith Warrior one of the Jedi you run into is pretty much reciting the code to remind himself of the absoluteness of it. That thing supposedly only Sith believe in; absolutes (despite Yoda always being absolute on everything :rolleyes:).

Anyways, as far as the OP is concerned, yes I am certain Jedi enjoy battle. You can enjoy the sensation of battle without being a monster. Hell, all of the Jedi training one receives there has to be more than a few sizable Jedi that enjoy the sensation of battle.

I don't think that interpretation is right either. The Jedi Code is more literal than figurative, while the Sith Code looks more like guidelines, though the Sith in TOR and later movies and novels seem more like savage brutes than honor bound and noble warriors. The Jedi very much are literal with their interpretation of the code, take a look at Yoda who firmly stated and believed that once you go Dark side there is no turning back, ever. And this in the face of so many people that prove him wrong. Hell as a Sith Warrior one of the Jedi you run into is pretty much reciting the code to remind himself of the absoluteness of it. That thing supposedly only Sith believe in; absolutes (despite Yoda always being absolute on everything :rolleyes:).

Anyways, as far as the OP is concerned, yes I am certain Jedi enjoy battle. You can enjoy the sensation of battle without being a monster. Hell, all of the Jedi training one receives there has to be more than a few sizable Jedi that enjoy the sensation of battle.

The Jedi code is a guideline. "There is no emotion there is peace." in the novels has stated to mean that you're supposed to think rationally. Not to let emotions effect your judgement and decision making. Only through a clear mind can you make a clear decision that will benefit the greater whole. It doesn't mean jedi are supposed to be emotionless. All Jedi seek to be compassionate.

To be compassionate you have to be empathetic to the plights of others and you have to care about the people you're protecting. As for the Sith? Their code isn't meant to be guidelines at all and Sith constantly remind you of it. Through passion I gain strength, through strength, I gain power, through power I gain victory. This seems open to interpretation but it isn't. A sith must always strive to be stronger, always follow one conflict into the other, and if you don't you're becoming weak and stagnant. You can't stop, you can't rest, and there is no breaks. Sith view love even more negatively than the Jedi do.

Look at Malgus. To stay true to the code, to stay true to being Sith, he murdered his own wife. He did it while even feeling remorse and he did it because the pain of doing so made him stronger. He realized by killing her he would hate himself and most importantly Sith are supposed to hate. If anything is weakening your hatred you are weak yourself.

As for Yoda? Yoda didn't truly believe people were beyond redemption. He even sought to turn people back during the clone wars and even before that. Even succeeded. Neither him nor Obi-Wan were being very truthful at that point to Luke Skywalker. Truth is they thought ANAKIN was beyond redemption and they didn't want Luke to die trying. They have to convince him it wasn't possible.

Sorry, I don't agree, at all. If the Jedi code were guidelines, the Jedi would not adhere to them so strictly, or recite them like a mantra anytime they feel like being a jerk to people. It's no more guidelines than the Sith code are guidelines. Just the Jedi are more in denial about their belief structure. Furthermore, saying what a book says is just an interpretation, as like with the Sith you have a spectrum of people that interpret their personal code any which way. Satele Shan is certainly not thinking of the Jedi code as guidelines, she is pretty much see's them as an infallible code, even if she tries to say otherwise.

In fact your entire journey on Tython as a Jedi reinforces this notion that the Jedi code is inviolate, with several situations that are light side choices as long as you adhere strictly to the Jedi code, while deviating from said code or interpreting it your way is a dark side choice.

So no, the Jedi code is not a guideline.

It is all subjective depending on your vantage point. The Jedi and Sith are alike in many ways. They both recite their codes and are slaves to their respective dogmas. I think the codes have dual purposes depending on the situation. In some cases, a literal approach is necessary while in other instances, they are intended as a guide. It is up to the individual to apply the correct approach to his circumstance, hence, one can never successfully argue one side or the other.

If you read Fatal Alliance, you saw where Satele was capable of violence which surprised the Sith Apprentice, Eldon Ax. On Tython, Satele also gave you a means of defending yourself because she thought while it is good to endeavor for peace, one shouldn't throw his life away. Orgus Din also followed the Jedi Code but he wasn't a pacifist.

Sith kill each other all the time and there is perpetual power struggles. Yet Thanton frowned upon the Inquisitor's murder of Darth Zash/Scotia.

As I said, the application of the codes is situational. Obi-wan cut down Maul when he murdered Qui-Gonn but he did nothing when Maul murdered Satine. Both situations called for a different interpretation of the Jedi code, and Obi-wan was the quintessential Jedi.

Darth Chratis was unwavering in his pursuit of power but the Dark Council frown upon his methods, and didn't even care that he had died.

Edited by Yezzan

Sorry, I don't agree, at all. If the Jedi code were guidelines, the Jedi would not adhere to them so strictly, or recite them like a mantra anytime they feel like being a jerk to people. It's no more guidelines than the Sith code are guidelines. Just the Jedi are more in denial about their belief structure. Furthermore, saying what a book says is just an interpretation, as like with the Sith you have a spectrum of people that interpret their personal code any which way. Satele Shan is certainly not thinking of the Jedi code as guidelines, she is pretty much see's them as an infallible code, even if she tries to say otherwise.

In fact your entire journey on Tython as a Jedi reinforces this notion that the Jedi code is inviolate, with several situations that are light side choices as long as you adhere strictly to the Jedi code, while deviating from said code or interpreting it your way is a dark side choice.

So no, the Jedi code is not a guideline.

Reciting it like a mantra does not mean the code isn't a guideline. It's a way to stay calm. Following it literally would mean this..

Jedi are completely emotionless. Trying to say "There is no emotion" in order to stay calm doesn't mean not having emotion. Jedi are supposed to be empathetic, compassionate, etc. Do you see any Jedi robots? I certainly don't. If it was truly literal Jedi would have no emotion. Ever. They wouldn't laugh. Laughing would be forbidden. That's happiness which is emotion. Emotion does not get the council angry at you. You can't get kicked out for displaying emotion. Jedi get excited as well.

There is no passion there is serenity. Jedi passionately follow their ways. They passionately protect the weak. They passionately help others. If they had no passion they'd be drones. They wouldn't care. There'd be no enjoyment/fulfillment. You can be loyal to a code without taking it literally. There is no chaos. There is harmony. Following this literally means you would believe there is no chaos. There's no such thing as war. It doesn't exist. There's no such thing as people suffering. It doesn't exist. That would be a literal interpretation in this line.

Literal interpretation would be insane. You would be a sociopath but as mentioned most Jedi do not follow it to that extreme. The Sith Code as I mentioned is literal. A sith should be following his passion and using it to gain strength. The moment he stops he's no longer following the Sith code. A sith has to constantly be striving to gain power. If he's reaching his pinnacle peak, even if he's above his peers, he needs to take an apprentice and teach him. This way the Sith would be inspired to keep up his training or fall behind/die. Sith truly believe peace is a lie. There's no quitting for them. You keep on going, there is no breaks, and there is no retirement. A sith must always be in conflict.

The irony of the Sith code is that the Code is supposed to provide freedom but it doesn't. You become a slave to your own passions with no ability to stop but with a constant need to keep going forward. A Jedi, despite the code saying there is no emotion there is peace, is able to laugh, cry, get excited, feel embarrassed, etc. We see these emotions constantly in Jedi. Yoda becomes genuinely sad when he feels others from his order dying. Obi Wan is constantly making jokes.

We even see Yoda being amused at times. We saw it from Ashoka Tano and countless other Jedi.

Sith and Jedi code have exactly the same flaw and express it in the same way.

Total absence of emotion is absurd, as said above. Total reliance on your passion is just as stupid and Sith who behaved like this in game are viewed as ridiculous. There are many such Sith as they provide easily identifiable villains, but in the end, Stupid Evil does not appeal me. Rigid Jedi who apply the code to the letter are like comedy paladins you would see on any bad roleplaying table and equally ridiculous.

I'm not gonna discuss the Sith code point by point, but only focus one the ambiguous first lines.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion - Ok, age old debate of inner peace versus inner fire, SW style

Through passion I gain Strength - This one is more interesting. Gaining strength through passion? Typical sith example, leave your hatred and your anger fuel your power. fine by my book, but there is a line between "fuel your anger" and "let it consume you" and threading that line is what differentiate the more powerful Sith from the comedy Villains

A Jedi, despite the code saying there is no emotion there is peace, is able to laugh, cry, get excited, feel embarrassed, etc. We see these emotions constantly in Jedi. Yoda becomes genuinely sad when he feels others from his order dying. Obi Wan is constantly making jokes.

In the same way we constantly see Sith (the smart ones, not the Stupid evil villains) actually thinking through their decisions, scheming and making rational choices instead of completely giving up to their darkest passions!

Rigid application of both codes is equally ridiculous, simple case of "order versus chaos". total chaos seems horrific, but total order is just as scary when you think about it for a second.

Edited by vathouille

Reciting it like a mantra does not mean the code isn't a guideline. It's a way to stay calm. Following it literally would mean this..

Jedi are completely emotionless. Trying to say "There is no emotion" in order to stay calm doesn't mean not having emotion. Jedi are supposed to be empathetic, compassionate, etc. Do you see any Jedi robots? I certainly don't. If it was truly literal Jedi would have no emotion. Ever. They wouldn't laugh. Laughing would be forbidden. That's happiness which is emotion. Emotion does not get the council angry at you. You can't get kicked out for displaying emotion. Jedi get excited as well.

There is no passion there is serenity. Jedi passionately follow their ways. They passionately protect the weak. They passionately help others. If they had no passion they'd be drones. They wouldn't care. There'd be no enjoyment/fulfillment. You can be loyal to a code without taking it literally. There is no chaos. There is harmony. Following this literally means you would believe there is no chaos. There's no such thing as war. It doesn't exist. There's no such thing as people suffering. It doesn't exist. That would be a literal interpretation in this line.

Literal interpretation would be insane. You would be a sociopath but as mentioned most Jedi do not follow it to that extreme. The Sith Code as I mentioned is literal. A sith should be following his passion and using it to gain strength. The moment he stops he's no longer following the Sith code. A sith has to constantly be striving to gain power. If he's reaching his pinnacle peak, even if he's above his peers, he needs to take an apprentice and teach him. This way the Sith would be inspired to keep up his training or fall behind/die. Sith truly believe peace is a lie. There's no quitting for them. You keep on going, there is no breaks, and there is no retirement. A sith must always be in conflict.

The irony of the Sith code is that the Code is supposed to provide freedom but it doesn't. You become a slave to your own passions with no ability to stop but with a constant need to keep going forward. A Jedi, despite the code saying there is no emotion there is peace, is able to laugh, cry, get excited, feel embarrassed, etc. We see these emotions constantly in Jedi. Yoda becomes genuinely sad when he feels others from his order dying. Obi Wan is constantly making jokes.

We even see Yoda being amused at times. We saw it from Ashoka Tano and countless other Jedi.

The only reason the Sith Code is more "literal" is because it's phrased from a personal perspective i.e. thorough x I gain y. with the exception of the first line which is in the same cadence as the Jedi code but in firm rejection of it. Applying your "analysis" do Sith literally believe the concept of peace does not exist? If so why do both Emperors (Palpatine and Vitiate) make reference to it in their plans? "Once more the Sith shall rule the galaxy! And we shall have peace." Or more laughably are there literal chains on them that need breaking?

The two codes are equally metaphorical thought the Sith code is more direct as again it's focused on the self, whereas the Jedi code is selfless. That also doesn't mean it's followed any less strictly. A Jedi can laugh, cry or get excited but that will never prevent him from putting those aside when it's time to defend the innocent or gain knowledge. The reason Jedi aren't "on" all the time has nothing to do with the laxness of the code and everything to do with the fact that it's on the Order as a whole. The Jedi are unified and they share the responsibility of protecting the weak and gaining knowledge of the Force among them. A Jedi doesn't need to jump in to save some random civilian if another one's already doing it, nor do they have to personally master all rituals. For the Sith on the other hand there is no one else. Other Sith are just rivals it's all about them. If they don't do it, who else will?

Also it's a common misconception that the Sith code promises freedom in the sense that you can do whatever you want at any time. It merely promises freedom from any inhibitions, by others or yourself. It's really just seeking perfection.

The only reason the Sith Code is more "literal" is because it's phrased from a personal perspective i.e. thorough x I gain y. with the exception of the first line which is in the same cadence as the Jedi code but in firm rejection of it. Applying your "analysis" do Sith literally believe the concept of peace does not exist? If so why do both Emperors (Palpatine and Vitiate) make reference to it in their plans? "Once more the Sith shall rule the galaxy! And we shall have peace." Or more laughably are there literal chains on them that need breaking?

The two codes are equally metaphorical thought the Sith code is more direct as again it's focused on the self, whereas the Jedi code is selfless. That also doesn't mean it's followed any less strictly. A Jedi can laugh, cry or get excited but that will never prevent him from putting those aside when it's time to defend the innocent or gain knowledge. The reason Jedi aren't "on" all the time has nothing to do with the laxness of the code and everything to do with the fact that it's on the Order as a whole. The Jedi are unified and they share the responsibility of protecting the weak and gaining knowledge of the Force among them. A Jedi doesn't need to jump in to save some random civilian if another one's already doing it, nor do they have to personally master all rituals. For the Sith on the other hand there is no one else. Other Sith are just rivals it's all about them. If they don't do it, who else will?

Also it's a common misconception that the Sith code promises freedom in the sense that you can do whatever you want at any time. It merely promises freedom from any inhibitions, by others or yourself. It's really just seeking perfection.

Vitiate wants to destroy the Galaxy and remake it in his image. He wants to destroy all life. Then wait for life to re-form and destroy it again. His version of peace is still that peace is a lie because at some point life forms will develop. Then he'll crush them. Palpatine wanted to eradicate the light side entirely and become a dark side God. Also Palpatine was hardly following the code near the end. He believed he evolved past it. As you mentioned the Sith code is about perfection. Palpatine feeling he already achieved perfection felt he no longer needed the code.

The problem is that the Jedi's code by the whole is seen as metaphorical. The Sith's code by the whole is not. As the person above you mentioned the most interesting Sith don't adhere to it's literal interpretation. They're more open but the majority of the Sith do. The majority of the Sith are "Stupid evil." there are some great exceptions. Darth Marr being my favorite in this game. I think we're mostly in agreement for the most part. Either way we've moved away from the topic.

My main point is that the Jedi aren't emotionless and likewise aren't restricted from enjoying themselves in battle. A Jedi can enjoy battle, enjoy testing themselves, and even love combat but so long as they're not intentionally picking fights or tormenting their "victims." there's nothing wrong with it.

Vitiate wants to destroy the Galaxy and remake it in his image. He wants to destroy all life. Then wait for life to re-form and destroy it again. His version of peace is still that peace is a lie because at some point life forms will develop. Then he'll crush them. Palpatine wanted to eradicate the light side entirely and become a dark side God. Also Palpatine was hardly following the code near the end. He believed he evolved past it. As you mentioned the Sith code is about perfection. Palpatine feeling he already achieved perfection felt he no longer needed the code.

The problem is that the Jedi's code by the whole is seen as metaphorical. The Sith's code by the whole is not. As the person above you mentioned the most interesting Sith don't adhere to it's literal interpretation. They're more open but the majority of the Sith do. The majority of the Sith are "Stupid evil." there are some great exceptions. Darth Marr being my favorite in this game. I think we're mostly in agreement for the most part. Either way we've moved away from the topic.

My main point is that the Jedi aren't emotionless and likewise aren't restricted from enjoying themselves in battle. A Jedi can enjoy battle, enjoy testing themselves, and even love combat but so long as they're not intentionally picking fights or tormenting their "victims." there's nothing wrong with it.

I don't remember the bit about waiting for life to reform. His is the peace of the grave but a peace (defined as no conflict) nonetheless. Besides if he had succeeded in devouring the galaxy he would've been unstoppable and even if further life developed it would've posed no challenge. Hardly a conflict. The same could be said of Palpatine. In general once you have no enemies remaining peace is the default. As for not following the code, perhaps that was his mistake. His master also believed the Rule of Two was no longer needed and look where he ended up. It was certainly arrogance that got him thrown down that pit.

Most Sith are stupid evil but that's because most writers don't understand the subtleties and just imagine them as cartoon villains. The ones who've done it right are Darth Bane and to a lesser extent Darth Malgus in Deceived. They follow the code and they're interesting. Malgus of course grabs the Idiot Ball at Ilum but that's another discussion.

Back to the original topic I can agree Jedi enjoying combat itself may not be a problem. I think their issue is they see it as a slippery slope and they do have a point. Combat leads to injury or death and inflicting those unnecessarily is not the Jedi way. If you enjoy something you seek it out and if you seek out something that can bring harm you increase the chances of bringing harm. Also it's tough enough separating the act of combat from its effects and claiming you only like the former (combat without injury would really just be sparring). If you start liking the latter that's clearly dark side territory.

Most Sith are stupid evil but that's because most writers don't understand the subtleties and just imagine them as cartoon villains. The ones who've done it right are Darth Bane and to a lesser extent Darth Malgus in Deceived. They follow the code and they're interesting. Malgus of course grabs the Idiot Ball at Ilum but that's another discussion.

Stupid Evil is a frequent source of argument among guildies. There are some Sith I could follow as an Evil char, as they have a vision. their vision may be evil or twisted, but they don't just kick the dog. Marr and Malgus come to mind, and potentially Jadus or even Baras if he wasn't so intent on destroying his own followers. Most other Sith are just here to be killed and move the plot forward/give xp. sadly enough, interesting depictions of evil are not that common in fiction, but I would agree that sith stupidity comes more from storytelling requirement than the Sith code itself. Evil needs to be stupid and dig its own grave or the good guys would have lost already.

Back to the original topic I can agree Jedi enjoying combat itself may not be a problem. I think their issue is they see it as a slippery slope and they do have a point. Combat leads to injury or death and inflicting those unnecessarily is not the Jedi way. If you enjoy something you seek it out and if you seek out something that can bring harm you increase the chances of bringing harm. Also it's tough enough separating the act of combat from its effects and claiming you only like the former (combat without injury would really just be sparring). If you start liking the latter that's clearly dark side territory.

A very valid point. A Jedi would have to question himself to know WHY he enjoys combat. Does he want to know himself better through combat, push himself to his limits, explore the ways of the lightsaber (forms are way more than a set of moves) ...

What is his view of combat in general? In which situation does the Jedi consider combat as necessary. Overly militant Jedi are not welcome but then, even hardened pacifists in the Order understand that peaceful solutions cannot always be reached. As Goodkind put it "It does the sheep no good to preach the goodness of a diet of grass, if the wolves are of a different mind."

The Jedi Code is supposed to be a guideline, but I do believe one of the flaws of the Jedi is that they often adhere to it to seriously, and yes literally. I myself think the original code is much more effective:

Emotion, yet peace.

Ignorance, yet knowledge.

Passion, yet serenity.

Chaos, yet harmony.

Death, yet the Force.

Instead of rejecting emotion, ignorance, passion, chaos etc., which inevitably begets fear and ironically ignorance, this version accepts that they are integral parts of the cosmic balance, but as a Jedi you must learn to conquer, not banish them. I think the code in its current form is also in part responsible for the degradation of the Jedi Order as a whole.

I would note though that both codes are rules not guidelines, regardless of how literal you are to take them.

EDIT: In answer your question, yes I do believe a Jedi can enjoy battle. By the original code emotion exists, it is part of you and not something you can just do away with. However it does have to be controlled. Windu is a prime example of this, Windu is a Jedi, and yet he accepts and uses his emotions, but he is in total control of them.

Edited by Beniboybling

Peace is a lie =/= Peace does not exist. It means that peace decieves, Sith don't believe their is any power in peace or any permanence in peace, it is only temporary and only leads to stagnation and weakness. Therefore what peace supposedly offers is a lie. Palpatine using peace as a tool both to deceive Anakin and the entire galaxy.

I can assure you, the Dark Times were not a peaceful era.

The Emperor's claim that he will "enjoy peace" is interesting, but I don't think its irreconcilable with the Sith Code. As the Sith Emperor could simply be referring to an absence of everything, where he is free to contemplate his own power. But ultimately that peace is temporary, and it is not the Emperor's ultimate goal - that would be freedom.

And of course literal chains do not need to be broken, but the fact remains that every Sith strives to be free from the metaphorical chains of his existence. Literal is probably a poor choice of words, but the fact that the Sith Code is ultimately a metaphorical piece of philosophy, does not change the fact that it is to be strictly adhered to.

And surely, freedom from any inhibitions is freedom to do whatever you want.

Edited by Beniboybling

Peace is a lie =/= Peace does not exist. It means that peace decieves, Sith don't believe their is any power in peace or any permanence in peace, it is only temporary and only leads to stagnation and weakness. Therefore what peace supposedly offers is a lie. Palpatine using peace as a tool both to deceive Anakin and the entire galaxy.

I can assure you, the Dark Times were not a peaceful era.

The Emperor's claim that he will "enjoy peace" is interesting, but I don't think its irreconcilable with the Sith Code. As the Sith Emperor could simply be referring to an absence of everything, where he is free to contemplate his own power. But ultimately that peace is temporary, and it is not the Emperor's ultimate goal - that would be freedom.

And of course literal chains do not need to be broken, but the fact remains that every Sith strives to be free from the metaphorical chains of his existence. Literal is probably a poor choice of words, but the fact that the Sith Code is ultimately a metaphorical piece of philosophy, does not change the fact that it is to be strictly adhered to.

And surely, freedom from any inhibitions is freedom to do whatever you want.

The questions were rhetorical, you elaborated on the obvious lol. The codes are not literal but they are strictly adhered to. The Sith code seems more intense because it places more emphasis (all the emphasis actually) on the personal.

Freedom from inhibitions is freedom to do whatever but the former brings about the latter, not the other way around. Pursuing only the latter is foolish in the eyes of the Sith.

• 1 month later...

Jedi filth cannot enjoy anything. There is no passion, there is peace they say...

Wake up, Jedi. Peace is a lie and we all know it.

Jedi filth cannot enjoy anything. There is no passion, there is peace they say...

Wake up, Jedi. Peace is a lie and we all know it.

Sure they can, but the ones who do are probably exceptions. Jedi are trained from a young age to suppress emotion, and fight with passionless serenity. They don't enjoy the fight, but they dont necessarily not enjoy it. I am sure they keep a pretty neutral stance in the heat if battle. Mace Windu enjoyed his battles, and probably too much for a traditional jedi knight...If Windu was not as disciplined as he was he would for certain fall to the dark side. You could see the fury and hatred in this guys eyes when he confronted, battled, and attempted to murder Darth Sidious. His fighting style vaapad was created by him and a user of thiis style is suppose to enjoy fighting. Mace Windu is the poster child for Jedi who rely on their passion for their power. Same could be said about Anakin Skywalker, but IMHO was never a real jedi, just an unbalanced rage fueled lunatic who would have more at home with the sith from the get go.

Edited by DARTHOSIRUS

Sure they can, but the ones who do are probably exceptions. Jedi are trained from a young age to suppress emotion, and fight with passionless serenity. They don't enjoy the fight, but they dont necessarily not enjoy it. I am sure they keep a pretty neutral stance in the heat if battle. Mace Windu enjoyed his battles, and probably too much for a traditional jedi knight...If Windu was not as disciplined as he was he would for certain fall to the dark side. You could see the fury and hatred in this guys eyes when he confronted, battled, and attempted to murder Darth Sidious. His fighting style vaapad was created by him and a user of thiis style is suppose to enjoy fighting. Mace Windu is the poster child for Jedi who rely on their passion for their power. Same could be said about Anakin Skywalker, but IMHO was never a real jedi, just an unbalanced rage fueled lunatic who would have more at home with the sith from the get go.

I just wanted to bash every Jedi in here for not enjoying their fights!

Exceptions are always there, but it's not allowed to enjoy it. Obviously, Jedi can have children, murder and do what they please, as long as they keep it hidden.

And our dear Lord Vader would've been a perfect asset to the Sith Order from his early youth, but it was probably fun for our beloved Emperor to see him murder his own younglings in holorecordings, so he probably wanted the Jedi to find him.