More legacy gear

ChroniKill

I've been trying to find a decent t looking legacy gear set for a shadow and have come to the conclusion that it's all, in my opinion, horrible. My sage and sorcerer can (just about) share a hallowed gothic set and not look terrible, but the shadow/sin just doesn't suit any of the available gear.

So, please could we have some nicer looking legacy gear? Alternatively, and perhaps this would be better, could we have a way of paying perhaps 100 cartel coins to convert a piece of bound gear to be BTL? I know several people who would be delighted to find a good look and be able to keep it across characters.

Edited by ChroniKill

Not gonna happen... First decent looking legacy gear was from Gree event, and somewhat decent Section X. Makeb "hey look at my boiler jacket" is far from decent. Only good looking gear is obtainable via CC. And why would Bioware want to break its main money income?

Creating the system where you can turn any gear into BoL negates the whole market in GTN and CC. Simply because you would purchase 1 jacket, which by definition of Cartel market is Adaptive, and send it over and over again between toons (with legacy bank you dont even have to use mail anymore).

Im more for investing some designer time into more quality legacy gear than this (tho I have to say that I would like to have some random drops converted to BoL such as D-200 blaster or X-52 sniper...)

I disagree with making more gear legacy gear. What would be better is a cosmetic appearance system so you could change your appearance without changing your gear.

This benefits you as it doesn't matter what the legacy gear you have on looks like because you go to your character Screen, click the little 'tors' icon and from there you would select one of your appearance tabs, to change how your character looks without changing their equipment.

This would lead to far more diversity of appearances of players, would allow you to have 'Planet Appropriate' appearance so you're not running around on Hoth in a bikini, and would give reason for players to save many of those blue and green random drops that they really cant equip anymore for stat reasons but loved the 'look' of the item.

More legacy gear just means a slight increase in the diversity of appearance of players but your choices are still greatly limited.

An 'Appearance Tab' (or 5) allows for significant diversity and character appearance customization.

I suggest you visit this thread and support it:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=731747