3.0 changes

Chimerako

I noticed that with the new project costing -1.5F and +1F for eac clairvoyant strikes...I'm not happy about that. from live we have a -0.5F each 6s so unless they will buff force management talents it will be a bit less sustain. just a bit but..I love the actual situation.

Also I don't know why they wrote that we'll get an improvement to force costs of clairvoyant while it will be an increasement :confused:

Other forums.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BW are addicts - making strongest PVP-class even more stronger? :mad:

There are currently 16 assassins/shadows in the leaderboards (granted, we don't know what spec they're playing) compared to the 29 sages/sorcs. I don't think we can say that shadows/sins are the strongest PvP class (at least looking at the leaderboards).

There are currently 16 assassins/shadows in the leaderboards (granted, we don't know what spec they're playing) compared to the 29 sages/sorcs. I don't think we can say that shadows/sins are the strongest PvP class (at least looking at the leaderboards).

Madness Assassin is the most overpowered thing in the game currently, but madness sorc is more popular. Either way both are broken but are hopefully getting nerfed in 3.0.

Madness Assassin is the most overpowered thing in the game currently, but madness sorc is more popular. Either way both are broken but are hopefully getting nerfed in 3.0.

Indeed. The power of its dots and its surprising amount of burst, along with the self heals, is flatly op af.

They aren't... They are getting buffed massively, Leeching Strike/Force Leech is going to heal for a pretty good chunk of damage. and the burst damage is pretty good now too even in Tank Gear (since the guy was playing his Inquis in full Revanite Tank Gear)

Didn't they say that each class would get a new raid utility ability?. Would someone mind pointing out the sin one for me, looked but didn't see it.

The two debuffs that deception gets is maul sundering the target (armor reduction) and I believe the second one causes ball lightning to make the target take more damage from force attacks, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

The two debuffs that deception gets is maul sundering the target (armor reduction) and I believe the second one causes ball lightning to make the target take more damage from force attacks, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.
I guess i said it wrong. what I was trying to ask was did we get an ability like blood thirst or the shield the aoe taunt gives for pts. Every class I have seen has one,but I could not find one for sins

I guess i said it wrong. what I was trying to ask was did we get an ability like blood thirst or the shield the aoe taunt gives for pts. Every class I have seen has one,but I could not find one for sins

We don't have anything like that. Our raid utility is what I just listed.

It's also a joke of a utility in comparison to other choices.

Tanks bring tanking utility to the raid group.

As for DPS - considering that Phase Walk Buff is a semi-permanent buff you can provide to the healers (they just have to stand close to it) and you get more healing received from it as well, it's not too bad when compared to 10 second buff on a 5 minute reuse timer. And before you say anything, take a look at your heroic utility options and tell me what else would you pick for an operation? Here are your alternatives:

- 3 second slow on a skill with 60 sec CD and on a skill with 20 sec CD not usable our of stealth.

- Turn your cast CC with 60 sec CD into instant CC and add 2 seconds of hard stun if it's broken prematurely.

- CC immunity for 12 seconds on a 2 min CD.

- Extra root.

- Purge on Force Cloak activation.

- Buff your running speed while in stealth by 50% for 10 seconds and buff one of your slows.

Depending on your other choices you can get up to 2 heroic utilities.

Something tells me that picking anything related to CC for a PvE ops group isn't the best choice...

Picking CC immunity that doesn't work on scripted CC isn't the best choice...

What do we have left... a purge on Force Cloak activation that also acts as your threat reset.

I think we have 2 clear winners: Phase Walk buff and Force Cloak purge. I don't think complaining is justified in this case.

As for PvP... who cares... those 10 second raid buffs are not usable in arenas... in other words they are worthless in ranked PvP (or what's left of it). I'm sure you will be able to provide enough utility in other areas in PvP (such as buffs to CC that look interesting now)

Edited by WiseStranger

Funny, that'd be my argument for PvE.

I guess I would have to explain further.

Raid-wide buffs are irrelevant in PvP because they can not be used in arenas.

In regular warzones you can not control who you get on your team and it is very likely your communication will not be efficient enough to maximize the result of those 10 seconds of raid-wide buffs.

The only PvP mode that allows you to control who you have on your team and to have good communication and synergy is group ranked and it is arenas only, therefore these raid-wide buffs will not work and it becomes irrelevant who's got what.

And in PvE all that matters is what unique and useful stuff can you bring to the raid along side with damage. It is pretty clear that a tank will bring the ability to tank. As a DPS class (since most of your heroic utilities are not useful for your raid group) you will have to bring ability to do comparable damage that other DPS classes can do and maybe something on a side (like Phase Walk that helps healers to heal more and is semi-permanent for as long as you can reposition it on your healers if they have to move).

I hope now you understand why I do not care how it will affect PvP.

I guess I would have to explain further.

Raid-wide buffs are irrelevant in PvP because they can not be used in arenas.

In regular warzones you can not control who you get on your team and it is very likely your communication will not be efficient enough to maximize the result of those 10 seconds of raid-wide buffs.

The only PvP mode that allows you to control who you have on your team and to have good communication and synergy is group ranked and it is arenas only, therefore these raid-wide buffs will not work and it becomes irrelevant who's got what.

And in PvE all that matters is what unique and useful stuff can you bring to the raid along side with damage. It is pretty clear that a tank will bring the ability to tank. As a DPS class (since most of your heroic utilities are not useful for your raid group) you will have to bring ability to do comparable damage that other DPS classes can do and maybe something on a side (like Phase Walk that helps healers to heal more and is semi-permanent for as long as you can reposition it on your healers if they have to move).

I hope now you understand why I do not care how it will affect PvP.

You might not care, but we certainly do. What you do and don't care about isn't the word of God.

You might not care, but we certainly do. What you do and don't care about isn't the word of God.

And the word of God is relevant here how? Or maybe you came up with a proof of existence, in that case I might be interested in hearing it, even though it's still not relevant to the thread.

But if you want to you can keep on worrying about irrelevant stuff - feel free. Doesn't make you look any smarter in my eyes. I think I explained well enough why from PvP standpoint, not having any clickable raid-wide buff is as relevant as buff to threat generated by tanks. In other words it's irrelevant, because it doesn't make you any better or worse off.

Personally I think Assassin's Shelter is one of the better abilities to choose PvE-wise in the Heroic tier of skills.

Question is, does this affect the amount of healing we receive from our own DoTs, Death Fields and Leeching Strikes?

Personally I think Assassin's Shelter is one of the better abilities to choose PvE-wise in the Heroic tier of skills.

Question is, does this affect the amount of healing we receive from our own DoTs, Death Fields and Leeching Strikes?

Yes if you are standing in the pool all healing you cast, including self heals, ED, medpacks, battle readiness, etc., increase in overall number by 5%. This may/may not be significant to balance shadows as forcing you to stand in one place probably isn't viable. Same reason I can't get healers to use it in wz.

Yes if you are standing in the pool all healing you cast, including self heals, ED, medpacks, battle readiness, etc., increase in overall number by 5%. This may/may not be significant to balance shadows as forcing you to stand in one place probably isn't viable. Same reason I can't get healers to use it in wz.

Yeah, probably not the best idea to have the healers standing close to the boss like I am to get the healing buff. I was more concerned about the "Increases all healing received by 3%" though.