Stress relief for flying against Ronald "Nancy" Garvin

SammyGStatus

What do YOU do after taking 5 railgun shots deadon with 0% tracking penalty on a stationary target WITH WINGMAN AND MISS ALL SHOTS, be it scout, mine, or bomber?

I've played with the idea of turning GSF into a drinking game, where every 3 shots I miss in a row, I take a shot of Jack. This method alters sobriety & seems to have a negative effect on reaction time, so while it resolves frustrations, it doesn't positively affect play. This seems to reduce the tension moreso than yelling at your cat who stares back with reproachful, quizzicle eyes peering into a void of misery.

What do y'all do when RNG gets ya down?

Edited by SammyGStatus

What do YOU do after taking 5 railgun shots deadon with 0% tracking penalty on a stationary target WITH WINGMAN AND MISS ALL SHOTS, be it scout, mine, or bomber?

I've played with the idea of turning GSF into a drinking game, where every 3 shots I miss in a row, I take a shot of Jack. This method alters sobriety & seems to have a negative effect on reaction time, so while it resolves frustrations, it doesn't positively affect play. This seems to reduce the tension moreso than yelling at your cat who stares back with reproachful, quizzicle eyes peering into a void of misery.

Barrel Roll to the ****er and kill it with BLC's.

Step 1: open a window and take along relaxing breath while contemplating what is really important in life

Step 2: gently pick up your cat and gaze deeply into it's eyes

Step 3: realize cat has no soul and throw it out the previously opened window

Step 4: go get a dog, preferably a beagle and be happy

Improve your aim. Or if your aim is already good - you will have luck in love :) Seriously, never missed 5 times in a row on stationary target, even without WIngman...

Is aim is actually amazing he just absolutely hates my full evasion scout build. Evasion is his nemesis, infact I'm pretty sure we could make a great comic out of this, Aimbot vs Evasion with all their crazy adventures.

Usually - growl in frustration since I've just wasted my time on target before I need to be moving. It does guarantee that the next target I get a good firing window on is going to get a slow death from ion railgun, though.

Also, am I the only one that seethes with rage every time a bomber or strike fighter evades my railgun? I guess I expect scouts and gunships to, but the other classes, ***.

Improve your aim. Or if your aim is already good - you will have luck in love :) Seriously, never missed 5 times in a row on stationary target, even without WIngman...

It happens. I think I have decent aim...sometimes Mr. Garvin just gets in the way. Not much you can do aside from grit your teeth and charge up the railgun again.

Or go with the aforementioned BLC face-melting.

Usually - growl in frustration since I've just wasted my time on target before I need to be moving. It does guarantee that the next target I get a good firing window on is going to get a slow death from ion railgun, though.

Also, am I the only one that seethes with rage every time a bomber or strike fighter evades my railgun? I guess I expect scouts and gunships to, but the other classes, ***.

It happens. I think I have decent aim...sometimes Mr. Garvin just gets in the way. Not much you can do aside from grit your teeth and charge up the railgun again.

Or go with the aforementioned BLC face-melting.

I sympathise with you guys so much.

My personnal favourite involves shouting "So you've used Distortion and Retros? EAT INTERDICTION MISSILE!" :rak_01:.

Also a great moment of RNG weirdness last week: hiding low in the canyons of Kuat, I pop Wingman and ambush a trio of battlescouts. I miss every shot until the scouts, still blissfully unaware of my ambush, fly out of LOS. Frustrated, I reposition while the offending battlescouts kill some of my team-mates. Then I kill them all without using Wingman (still on CD). **** you too, RNG.

Edited by MiaowZedong

Took 6 shots at a scout the other day. Everyone I saw him for the rest of that match, I played this song.

Soothed the hurt. Ron + evasion scout = why bother? If the first 3 miss, I'm waiting 20 minutes. Definitely wish I had more "accurate" experiences as some of you have had (pun fun) but it's just a tricky little wicket! Bah. It's even worse when after you miss the shots, your last shot finally hits but it only does 6 damage to shields cuz you've lost all firepower and your enemy just took the blast as they just LOS.

I feel that RNG is like a more twisted version of paranormal whack a mole, in which your hammer strikes pass through the being and proving to have no effect. I don't think I've ever cursed out a terrorist the same way I curse out RNG, and that's saying something.

Nowhere, the thing that really get me mad is getting killed by feedback shields.

You have a form of control for dealing with feedback shields that utilizes player skill. This is called not shooting. Hope it helps! The RNG issue plays no role in player skill - it's exactly like a gear roll with additional parameters that, when satisfied, still can be outdone by a /roll and not a players true talent. Anyways, I'm glad you responded in a not- trolley way. Oh waitttt

1-) Bottle up all the rage that you build.

2-) Keep playing.

3-) Another time one shot kill that same scout with a slug railgun crit.

4-) Do an evil cackle with the force of thousand suns to release all of that anger.

5-) Repeat.

Edited by Davionix

You have a form of control for dealing with feedback shields that utilizes player skill. This is called not shooting. Hope it helps!

Yeah, because I'm a prescient being and I know exactly when the ennemy pop his feedback shields.

Plus, feeback shield is also triggered by my sabotage probe dots.

Yeah, because I'm a prescient being and I know exactly when the ennemy pop his feedback shields.

I can literally count on one hand the number of times I have been killed by Feedback Shield. And I don't even need to use any fingers.

If your enemy outplays you, then that's working as intended, right? Don't pretend you have no agency in this. You literally have to shoot a target with a buff for this to happen.

That's hilarious and a bug. I bet it hits the arc that is currently facing the feedback shield when it triggers. More importantly, it doesn't change the fundamentals: don't attack a target with a feedback shield off cooldown unless you have enough shield to take the hit. If you attack without knowing, it means you have chosen to not care, and you don't get to cry. If you attack while knowing and hoping he misplays, then you have chosen to take a risk, and you don't get to cry. Every point of feedback shield damage you have taken has been a misplay or choice on your part, period, no exceptions.

When a battlescout is almost on top of you with all cooldowns popped, if you manage to get a glancing hit on them to knock their shields off just activate feedback shield and play this :

If there are 2 of them and the other scout hits you first start raging :mad:

Edited by Davionix