GSF Night on The Ebon Hawk, November 15th

Drakkolich

Calling all GSF pilots, on November 15th from 8pm-11pm EST or 5pm-8pm PST I invite everyone to grab some friends or find some on The Ebon Hawk server and queue up for a great night of GSF.

Feel free to post that you're looking for people to play with in this thread, but I won't be doing any sign ups or anything like that.

Look forward to flying with you all on the 15th. ^^

As an aside this is going to be server rotation event I talked about in my other thread. I'm going to setup one of these every 4 weeks and I'll be choosing a different server each time.

Calling all GSF pilots, on November 15th from 8pm-11pm EST or 5pm-8pm PST I invite everyone to grab some friends or find some on The Ebon Hawk server and queue up for a great night of GSF.

Feel free to post that you're looking for people to play with in this thread, but I won't be doing any sign ups or anything like that.

Look forward to flying with you all on the 15th. ^^

As an aside this is going to be server rotation event I talked about in my other thread. I'm going to setup one of these every 4 weeks and I'll be choosing a different server each time.

You going to be streaming this? Would be cool for sure.

I plan to be there, barring potential wife aggro. I have imp and pub guys on TEH, so I'm willing to play either side. If any JC folk want to team up, let me know (nyghtrunner, I'm looking at you).

I'm game for Imp-side. I talked to Jaheesh, and he can't because of family stufflez. Still need to talk to Ceylon, but should be able to do that tonight. I think with enough butter...

Any thoughts on a 4th? Do you know if Eich or Korvith have alts over there? Buggles also might be a really good 4th. Or Sally. Or how about this for a random thought? We could try to recruit Grunty, Ketch, or Udezak. I almost wish we could just make a team of 8... Maybe when the circus comes to JC. :D

Edited by nyghtrunner

Oh ya I'll be streaming for sure

Going to play with my settings, and be recording this (not streaming, though). If people would like, I can put the matches on YouTube, or maybe provide the vid files for DL via my server space. I know SammyGStatus at least was talking about maybe trying to do something interesting with vids from different perspectives, so he'd at least probably prefer the raw footage over Youtube. Anyone else have a preference? I could probably even set up a couple of pages real fast where you could watch the vids or DL them.

Edited by nyghtrunner

I'm game for Imp-side. I talked to Jaheesh, and he can't because of family stufflez. Still need to talk to Ceylon, but should be able to do that tonight. I think with enough butter...

Any thoughts on a 4th? Do you know if Eich or Korvith have alts over there? Buggles also might be a really good 4th. Or Sally. Or how about this for a random thought? We could try to recruit Grunty, Ketch, or Udezak. I almost wish we could just make a team of 8... Maybe when the circus comes to JC. :D

Too bad about Jaheesh. Not sure about Eich or K'or...my guess is that if the former doesn't have a TEH alt he'd have no problem making one, though I don't know how far he'd get on gearing. And I don't know about the latter, nor Buggles/Sal...I'll ask them.

I don't see Grunty, Ketch, or Udezak (particularly the last) often, but if/when I run into them, I'll ask them too. Playing a lot of pub side today, so if they're on, I'll see 'em.

There are plenty more that would be solid...I'sys, Battle...Keenz would be pretty entertaining in this kind of format. But I haven't a clue who has TEH alts.

Too bad about Jaheesh. Not sure about Eich or K'or...my guess is that if the former doesn't have a TEH alt he'd have no problem making one, though I don't know how far he'd get on gearing. And I don't know about the latter, nor Buggles/Sal...I'll ask them.

I don't see Grunty, Ketch, or Udezak (particularly the last) often, but if/when I run into them, I'll ask them too. Playing a lot of pub side today, so if they're on, I'll see 'em.

There are plenty more that would be solid...I'sys, Battle...Keenz would be pretty entertaining in this kind of format. But I haven't a clue who has TEH alts.

I think if I'sys makes an alt anywhere, it would be Bastion. I talked to him about it a bit the other day, and he said he'd think about it. Keenz would certainly be interesting, and might be a better scout choice than me if we could keep a leash on him. :D

Anyway, let me see what Ceylon says tonight, and we can reconvene in game over the next couple of days to get it all ironed out. No need to further pollute the thread with a convo that is probably meaningless to most of the people reading it. Cheers man! And see you out there! :)

Edited by nyghtrunner

I was just talking to Tobias a few minutes ago about this. It would be awesome to play with you guys and I'm flattered you consider me good enough to compete at your level but I'm a west coaster and the time listed for the event is right in the middle of family time for me. You'll just have to settle for bumping into me on JC.

Well, if I can make it I probably won't be able to do anything other than catch the tail end of it. 10pm EST is usually the earliest I can log in.

But still, even if its for a limited time it will be fun to fly against everyone. Just don't forget to join TEH's GSF chat channels so we can all compare notes.

Sigh. I just realized this is the day before my fiance's birthday, and we'll be heading out of town the 15th and 16th to celebrate.

Any chance we could move this to another date?

I could do this Friday... the 14th.

I think the Friday change might be a little too short notice for a lot of people at this point. As for changing weekends I really want to keep the 2 week schedule in between the Bastion events. Sorry you won't be able to make it. :(

Looking like there will be 8-9 I know about rolling over from JC for this at varying times. I think we'll probably all be imp-side, and it looks like several of us will be rocking stock, or close to it, but we should have decent representation.

Cheers all! Looking forward to it! :D

I was pretty pleased with the part of the night I could be there for. It seems to have worked out sort of like a lesser version of the super serious night- I think Drako had a pretty solid call here.

Definitely had a good time - had to duck out in the middle of it, but from what I saw during the most intense portion, the imps and the pubs were represented well and there were a series of difficult matches throughout the night. GOod job pilots.

Well, I can honestly gave this a go and tried to really enjoy this event but, I think this was the first and last time I play this part of the game, as being one shotted by mastered ships and weapons was/is not fun (I found the CC ground cluster of PvP more relaxing).

I think in order to fix the issue of giving "beginning" good or bad players a chance, they need to implement levels based on ship components ( one whole ship upgrade for level with five upgrades being masters level).

Giving people 400% GSF xp still won't fix the "****'" GSF attitude seen in the game either, which I experienced when I asked a question in general and PvP channel, yesterday.

Edited by Tonev