3.0 Commendation Conversions

XORDYH

Any word on the commendation conversion rates for 3.0? We had this information almost 6 weeks before 2.0 released, I think it's about time we had it for 3.0.

We also had a month or so of public testing and plenty of details about what was coming with 2.0, yet for some reason, they feel providing as little information as possible, as close to release as possible, to be a better approach for this expansion.

Edited by DawnAskham

does knowing what the conversation rates are going to be really matter at this point?

when they release that i can predict what will happen

1. threads will be made saying the conversion rates are fine

2. threads will be made saying conversion rates are not fine

Drama begins anew

The same as every other feature they have revealed .

really sometimes i wish game companies treated game expansion like presents you don't know about it till they give it to you . If you like it you buy it if you don't you don't . It would save a lot of forum drama I think.

Edited by _NovaBlast_

• 2 weeks later...
it matter to people, becuz they want to know if they should grind and max out coms or just spend them and sell w/e they buy for credits after the timer run out....like the Op i too want to know what the rates are going to be...but i smell early access delay announcement incoming :p;):p

it matter to people, becuz they want to know if they should grind and max out coms or just spend them and sell w/e they buy for credits after the timer run out

It seems like you're equally well off capping them out or spending them regardless of what the conversion rates are. The only thing that is certain from what they've said so far is that comms you have today will buy the same or better gear after 3.0 launches as you can get today. So it's a wash whether you stack comms or just buy gear. If you're capped out you're stuck either way, so you might as well cash in any excess you get for credits.

it matter to people, becuz they want to know if they should grind and max out coms or just spend them and sell w/e they buy for credits after the timer run out....like the Op i too want to know what the rates are going to be...but i smell early access delay announcement incoming :p;):p

Cap your comms and be prepared for when more information is made available.

Even if they don't allow us to overflow the cap on Basic comms in the conversion, I would expect the overflow to convert to credits at a rate that is close to what you would get buying gear and selling it.

does knowing what the conversation rates are going to be really matter at this point?

when they release that i can predict what will happen

1. threads will be made saying the conversion rates are fine

2. threads will be made saying conversion rates are not fine

Drama begins anew

The same as every other feature they have revealed .

really sometimes i wish game companies treated game expansion like presents you don't know about it till they give it to you . If you like it you buy it if you don't you don't . It would save a lot of forum drama I think.

The difference is communication on the changes like commendation conversions and gear removal allows players to make decisions and take actions to control how their characters are effected by the change.

Withholding information leaves players with no control and removes the ability for players to make their own decisions or take actions to deal with the changes.

So while players can complain about the changes they dislike in either scenario, only the first allows players to take personal responsibility for dealing with the changes, even if they disagree with the changes.

The second just ticks everyone off as the ability to make decisions and take actions to deal with the changes are removed from the player.

Forewarned is forearmed.

Oh and I'd love to see a game that kept everything hidden until it was ready, allowed all players to give it a try, and only if they decided they liked it, would they have to pay for the game.

But since publishers and their marketing teams have learned hype drives sales, I doubt we'll ever see such a release.

Edited by DawnAskham

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.