The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Architect's Stronghold Pack is now live!

Iwipe

Seems the drop rates on the individual armor pieces (Jarael and Dathomir) are absolutely awful. I understand making things rare but there has to be a limit somewhere when people are spending real $$$.

From one HC I got only one Dathomir item (chestpiece). A bit weird.

And they really want us to get Spectre set. At least got something to GTN later.

Edited by Halinalle

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought 3 packs to check them out... I got

2 corelian rugs (I like the corellian rugs, amazing, I need more, because I use Selkath couch and its light green leather with green carpets its beauty, also I use the love executives or something couches with some greeny on them and it fits perfectly. I also added a few luxary wall scones and its perfect with a statue of the ancient slave and some glowing bolb pots (blue and green). So I actually made a room with it...

2 containers sleek

2 pots with glowing blue light bulbs or something....

I got lots of purple exp with cartel market, 2 titles (the galactic warden and Architect) I like the architect its very god like title... lol I havent use them yet. nice packs, not bad

No luck for a mount and one of the 3 packs, contained 2 packs of gear...didnt check what kind of gear is that...

Well, three individual packs is hardly enough to make any kind of judgement on what's rare or not.

I opened an entire hypercrate without a single jarael or dathomir piece, so it certainly seems those are pretty rare.

One pack and I got what I wanted, the fountain. I love having fountains in my stronghold...now where to put it.

As far as the drop rate, I've given up on that. I don't look forward to the armor unless it is sold on the CM itself and not in packs. BW is out to make money and they are counting on people really wanting that armor and spending hundreds just to get it.

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

I never understood how you people always seem to pick up some many hypercrates? Is this just saving up over time, or do you spend $100 each pack for CC? I've only purchased one Hypercrate ever, was a bit disappointed.

I think this time i'll just buy what I want off the GTN, since it's fairly easy to build credits, and I'm not a huge fan of the weapons and armor in this set. I do like the Omen and Uxibeast mounts, I'd just not want to spend 5400 CC for some decorations.

One pack and I got what I wanted, the fountain. I love having fountains in my stronghold...now where to put it.

Oh hey, how is the size compared to the other two fountains? I'm guessing the same size? I really like how this new fountain looks, and imagine that I'd like to have a few of them.

the random drops are horrible on this 1 and the last 1.

out of 4 x 24 packs, i got 3 pieces of equipment for the 2 people that do not come in box sets for the current 1, and got only 2 pieces of equipment dropped on the previous 1 with 5x25 packs.

4 hyper crates:

4 dathomir pieces

2 jareal pieces

1 usexibeastt

Not too bad, but not my usual luck. That's RNG I guess. Got most of the decorations, no slot machine, jukebox or skeleton though. Just about everything else though. I like the crystal too

Oh hey, how is the size compared to the other two fountains? I'm guessing the same size? I really like how this new fountain looks, and imagine that I'd like to have a few of them.
It's substantially bigger than the other 2. Still not the centerpiece size it should've been but better than nothing

Yay more junk, more re-colors, more useless pets, lame color dyes, Oh well. I guess it would be hard to let the people that play this game craft speeders and mounts. And dont tell me about the speeders we can make, no one does and they dont sell.

Yay more junk, more re-colors, more useless pets, lame color dyes, Oh well. I guess it would be hard to let the people that play this game craft speeders and mounts. And dont tell me about the speeders we can make, no one does and they dont sell.

Well, there were 2-3 unique outfits (not sure about the ceremonial one, but the dathomir and jarael ones were) and as for "useless pets" and "lame colour dyes", well that's a matter of taste.

I liked one of the dyes and it's nice to get the CE pet, albeit in a different colour.

But as usual when I see a post like this, what it really should read like is: "I didn't like anything in this pack so this pack sucks and nobody else likes it either".

I never understood how you people always seem to pick up some many hypercrates? Is this just saving up over time, or do you spend $100 each pack for CC? I've only purchased one Hypercrate ever, was a bit disappointed.

I think this time i'll just buy what I want off the GTN, since it's fairly easy to build credits, and I'm not a huge fan of the weapons and armor in this set. I do like the Omen and Uxibeast mounts, I'd just not want to spend 5400 CC for some decorations.

Some people have well paying jobs and don't play any other games.

If you have an income of, say, 700-800k a year, you can easily splash on a few hypercrates each month.

That said, I only buy 1 usually, but now that the price has been down to 4.000 I've actually bought two.

As far as the drop rate, I've given up on that. I don't look forward to the armor unless it is sold on the CM itself and not in packs. BW is out to make money and they are counting on people really wanting that armor and spending hundreds just to get it.

The thing is, unless people buy packs, you won't see those items for sale on the GTN. I bought a hypercrate of this, only the second one ever that I've bought, in hopes that I'll get the Jareal or Dathomir set. I mostly bought the HC to show BW that when they give us cheaper prices for packs and good armor sets and decorations, the market will respond. Wish they had cooler weapons, but all the rest in the packs i like.

The sets I got from this pack is...

1) spectres headgear, bracers and belt - the headgear looks like spiderman

2) combatants legs boots and 1 more... and this one is sooooo sexy.... its amazing good. The legs are very good... I dont like the top from the contents I saw, but the leggings are really good and I will use them. It looks like long panties :)

Edited by Oyranos

Like: Rug and Fountain (at least this fountain is adequately sized, unlike the Blood/Fire Fountain which looks ridiculous anywhere you put it.

Missing: Kingpin's Slot Machine

Included: Metropolitan benches, which were in the LAST pack

Stupid decoration of the pack: Security camera, a dinky thing that requires a MEDIUM wall mount. Reaallly?

Underwhelming Drop Rate: Cartel Market Certificates

Cool decorations

Desirable armor/weapons

Some cool cars, not enough diversity.

At least BW didn't overcharge grossly for this pack of crap like they did the last one, which I did not buy at all.

Overall, these packs are losing their appeal. The armor sucks, any good armor has a crap drop rate; crap armor drops like rain; weapon recolors: ENOUGH ALREADY. Come up with something new, or make more decorations. JEEZ.

Still need: MORE RUGS, BETTER, BIGGER, MORE VERSATILE; More flexible hook assignment to ITEMS

More flexible hook assignment to ITEMS

As we might probably never get rid of the stupid hook system wish we could at least drop smaller items in larger hooks.

Then well everything else from scale, tilt, expand axis tweaking a lot and add 3rd axis tweaking.

• 5 months later...
Hello everyone, I haven't been playing for a really long time. Is there any way to obtain these old packs today?

Thanks for reply.

Cheers.

Two weeks ago, Shipment 1 was back on the CM, last week, Shipment 2 was on, and this week, Shipment 3 is on.

If you want Shipment 1 or 2, you might get lucky and find the whole hypercrate on the GTN, but you might have a better time buying the specific packs you want off the GTN.

For Shipment 3, it is there now if you want to spend the CC on it. I imagine this weekend they'll start to show up on the GTN if they haven't already.