Best server for GSF?

MeisterBabylon

No, because no server is that active at all hours on all days. Your best bet is to find a server where the active hours are during the times you play. Remember that groups get a queue pop faster, so join the local /gsf channel if there is one and ask to group up there.

For what it's worth. The Ebon Hawk doesn't have bad wait times during active hours at all, but I'm sure that's true on every server.

If you hate waiting for queues as much as me, you might consider making characters on a few different servers.

I have a characters on:

European server The Red Eclipse - their peak time is morning/daytime for me. On average there are about 5-6 games running at peak hours, making this the busiest server that I have seen.

East coast North American server The Ebon Hawk - this is peak during my evening. On average there are about 2-3 games running.

West coast North American server The Harbringer - this is peak during my late evening/early morning. On average there are about 2-3 games running.

I also have a Shadowlands character, east coast. The pops are a little slower on that than on The Ebon Hawk. I have heard that The Bastion and European Progenitor are good servers as well.

Edited by RickDagles

If you hate waiting for queues as much as me, you might consider making characters on a few different servers.

This is the best advice. You also get to see a bunch more pilots this way, and more factions, etc. If you have the time and inclination, you can have much better games this way, and you'll avoid a lot of the very strange posts we see ("pubs always win" often is really "on this one server, at this one time I play, an emp premade queues and I can't win"), along with the factional issues (there seems to be a mild bias towards empire among most of the active and top pilots, but these pilots play on both sides on several servers normally).

If you just want one server, I do recommend Bastion, which is where I play. It's generally solid queue pops and decent competition, but there's also times when the casuals have the stage, so it's much more a grab bag than a lot of other servers.