The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Petition to NOT lower DPS in 3.0

SilTitan

BW is not changing the gear drops. You 186 gear at level 55 will be equal to the new 198 gear at level 60.

In your head you will think that gear should be better but it really wont be much difference.

this is false information.

186 gear will have less stats than 198. 198 will be better. your effective performance post 3.0 with 198 will be the same as pre-3.0 with 186. post 3.0, your dps will be lower with 186 than with 198.

It's the comms BW wants you to spend time going back and getting, the gear means damn near nothing since 55 gear is roughly equal to 60 gear.
again, this is simply not true. your dps will be lower, post 3.0, with 186 than 198.

Your going to be level 60, getting level 60 gear of 198 but actually being equivalent to level 55 in 186, all so they can entice you to go back and do content a year old for comms that they don't want to getting to easily.
this is all true

You're basically leveling up but not really. They took the illusion of choice out of talent trees and made disciplines but added the illusion of leveling.
ok so don't level up, stay at 55 with your 186 and we'll see who does more dmg and see if there is a point in levelling up.

you're too focused on output and fail to see the big picture. everyone is being nerfed. your choice is simple. stay at 55 and have lower dps, or level up and see your dps increase. why the dps rate matters and whether or not its the same as it used to be is meaningless unless you have some weird attraction for large numbers.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You only see what you want to see. People should actually watch the stream and extract the info hidden between the lines.

Who even cares about the dps at 55 when 3.0 gets out? When 3.0 releases you're 5 levels away from level 60 (aka endgame) and you care about your damage output at level 55?

Edited by Halinalle

You only see what you want to see. People should actually watch the stream and extract the info hidden between the lines.

Who even cares about the dps at 55 when 3.0 gets out? When 3.0 releases you're 5 levels away from level 60 (aka endgame) and you care about your damage output at level 55?

Not my fault that people now consider a link to youtube a serious replacement for making a cogent argument, and expect people to blindly click on the random-character youtube link addresses that could be anything.

Not my fault that people now consider a link to youtube a serious replacement for making a cogent argument, and expect people to blindly click on the random-character youtube link addresses that could be anything.

If that youtube link happens to contain valid information relevant to the discussion, then they are in their right to use it to further their argument. Saying they can't is like saying you cannot use research to back up a claim.

It was really nothing special. Just a guy telling what is actually going to happen and how hilarious forums are currently.

I think I have to go get those popcorn stockpiles ready for launch because forums are going to be even more hilarious than they are currently.

It was really nothing special. Just a guy telling what is actually going to happen and how hilarious forums are currently.

I think I have to go get those popcorn stockpiles ready for launch because forums are going to be even more hilarious than they are currently.

considering the items currently under NDA this is even more true

If that youtube link happens to contain valid information relevant to the discussion, then they are in their right to use it to further their argument. Saying they can't is like saying you cannot use research to back up a claim.

Research is fine, but it's not like one can tell what's in a youtube link from the URL address, and too many people post links to 30-minute videos as if someone is going to sit and listen to some jackwagon ramble on for 30 minutes waiting to hear the one comment that the link-poster THINKS proves his point.

Research is fine, but it's not like one can tell what's in a youtube link from the URL address, and too many people post links to 30-minute videos as if someone is going to sit and listen to some jackwagon ramble on for 30 minutes waiting to hear the one comment that the link-poster THINKS proves his point.

That proves one thing: complainers haven't watched the stream or read Dulfy's notes.

Just a hint: be prepared for surprise.

Edited by Halinalle

That proves one thing: complainers haven't watched the stream or read Dulfy's notes.

Or not, we'll see if your interpretation is any closer than anyone else's.

"Read between the lines" is pretty much a synonym for "see what you want to see".

Edited by Max_Killjoy

If you actually watched the stream then you should know that numbers will go down but relative damage output isn't going to change.

Watched 10 seconds of what you linked about DPS.

Listened to idiot who doesn't work for Bioware childishly trying to belittle players concerns in a fake Gaellic accept.

Lever opening another of your youtube links again.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Not to disappoint you but even people who read dulfy haven't read dulfy. Look at some of the comments there. People crying over stuff that it doesn't actually say. Not sure if it's sad or hilarious.

first off people here are ripping the OP are douches, he has a legitimate concern. don't just rip him for being an idiot. I don't like having to level just stay where I'm at, the point of leveling is to get stronger and better and faster. I don't care about time to kill you're not getting stronger every else just getting weaker. One thing I haven't seen anyone say is there lowering the DPS but are they lowering the healing? I can currently out heal any DPS one on one just letting them pound on my face, will I be able to do that 2 vs 1 now? also there are so many idiot dps as is that can't not hit enrage as is, is it going to be worse now?

first off people here are ripping the OP are douches, he has a legitimate concern. don't just rip him for being an idiot. I don't like having to level just stay where I'm at, the point of leveling is to get stronger and better and faster.
you will. if you dont think so, stay at level 55 and compare your dps to 60s.

I don't care about time to kill you're not getting stronger every else just getting weaker. One thing I haven't seen anyone say is there lowering the DPS but are they lowering the healing? I can currently out heal any DPS one on one just letting them pound on my face, will I be able to do that 2 vs 1 now? also there are so many idiot dps as is that can't not hit enrage as is, is it going to be worse now?
:D

• 4 weeks later...
Played the new 3.0 and now at lvl 55 I get owned. Not only did they lower the DPS they made the skills worse. Like the off hand lightsaber doing 36% more damage with 3 points in it now the new system gives just 25%. I lost any interest in leveling to 60 now that I cannot handle a small lvl 55 mob. I am a casual player and I don't have whatever uber gear some have but I played through Makeb right before the patch and managed just fine and now I try to continue the story and I cannot.

Played the new 3.0 and now at lvl 55 I get owned. Not only did they lower the DPS they made the skills worse. Like the off hand lightsaber doing 36% more damage with 3 points in it now the new system gives just 25%. I lost any interest in leveling to 60 now that I cannot handle a small lvl 55 mob. I am a casual player and I don't have whatever uber gear some have but I played through Makeb right before the patch and managed just fine and now I try to continue the story and I cannot.

Learn to play better.

Learn to play better.

That is the kind of response I would expect. Not very constructive, but predictable. I am not going to get offended however. I am just sad at the state of these forums if the first response I get is as useless as that.

Not everyone spend all their time playing one game and get the best gear and know the perfect rotation. The game should be fun for all kinds of people. Including casual players like me who just want to enjoy the story.

That is the kind of response I would expect. Not very constructive, but predictable. I am not going to get offended however. I am just sad at the state of these forums if the first response I get is as useless as that.

Not everyone spend all their time playing one game and get the best gear and know the perfect rotation. The game should be fun for all kinds of people. Including casual players like me who just want to enjoy the story.

Sadly he is right. Makeb is easy. Learn to use your DCDs correctly.. Learn your rotation.. It takes you 5 min to skim through Dulfy's guide which are good enough.. You don,t have to practise it down to perfection.. Just know what you're doing. Makeb is made for level 50-55 players.. If you can't run through it, it isn't a DPS problem.. it's a player problem.

Reno is right though. See... they completely changed things with the move to Disciplines... hence... you must make some adjustments and relearn your character and optimize your rotations. Probably more accurate for Reno to have said "re-learn" how to play.

To stay rigidly locked into your pre-patch play approach is silly IMO. Learn, adapt, persevere, and retune your play.

What... you thought you could log in today and just play as you did pre-3.0? :rolleyes:

I am not going to get offended however. I am just sad at the state of these forums if the first response I get is as useless as that.

Well, you certainly come across here as offended. And frankly, if all you enjoy is story... you do not need to be at the top of your skillz and gear to do so. So I don't buy the "play for fun and story" attempt here.

Edited by Andryah