The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Petition to NOT lower DPS in 3.0

SilTitan

Im willing to put my trust in BW doing what's best for the game , I mean even though they have made some tough unpopular decisions since this games release its still fighting strong and imo far better now then at release. So I'm not agreeing with the Op here.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm people are leaving WoW? The last part of your graph is going up. And they just announced they added 600k subs! Yeah keep crying about low dps good luck with your petition lol I'm sure next week you will be threatening a lawsuit after you get ten signatures on your failed petition.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=243670/600k-more-subs-hotfixes-and-patch-notes-for-patch-6-0-2-warlords-class-tuning-ch

more than the half subs are chinese with top up sub... Meaning, chinese dont have to purchase subs.. they top up 1 day, or 2 days of gameplay, farm and sell.

Blizz is giving them benefits for gold sellings because its healthy industry of making bucks... lol

They have a kind of laws there, who promotes the gold farming, they dont sell sub cards or sub fees... they top up like our mobiles... 1-2-3-7 days of gameplay. Thats their most of subs are.

Edited by Oyranos

Dont worry about how much DPS you may be doing, worry about how much fun you are having.

The amount of DPS doesnt really matter, the higher the DPS does not mean the greater the game.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

DPS is just a number. It is in no way an indication of how fun or challenging a game can be. Why is it that so many people care for this DPS drop at all?

I've seen some arguments come up during the last days. Most of them were nonsense, and I'd like to call out two of the most disturbing and senseless arguments I've seen.

- "Bioware is charging us 17€ to buy back the power we have previously earned".

That's utter nonsense. Bioware is not charging us 17€ to get back the power we have earned. Bioware is charging us 17€ to continue our adventure. We pay for the voice acting, the new story, two new planets and new operations. We pay to meet new famous characters from the books, and to enjoy the new 5 levels of the game.

Indicating that this addon has anything to do with buying back power is wrong.

- "What is the point of an addon if your power doesn't increase from the previous one.".

Again, nonsense. An addon is for new story content. New dungeons, new Operations and flashpoints. New characters, new planets and new abilities. It's not about some DPS count in a seperate window.

I'd love to know where this obsession for "power" comes from? Is a higher DPS the only way to feel good when playing an MMO? No, it's not. Call me a troll if you want, but if you are so obsessed with "power" in a fictional game, you propably don't have any in the real world. Why do imaginary numbers in a game take your thoughts to such a level? Talking about beeing powerful or strong?

Games are meant to be fun. They need a good story and a fun environment. They don't need to make you feel powerful. If that's what you are looking for in a game, I suggest Black and White 1&2.

I'll give this new change a chance and just cross my fingers that it doesn't create unintended ripple effects throughout the game. I get why they are doing it, but they should have just made dps progression minimal from 55-60 to deal with the dps being OP issue. That way they wouldn't have to go back and tweak any current 55 content and focus on giving us more content.
This is my concern. Oricon being the primary example of a content designed specifically for pre-3.0 class stats, from dps, amount of healing necessary, amount of fast interrupts etc. TBH the interrupt change is what worries me most, the entire game has been designed around 8/12s interrupts. They talk how they dont wanna change everything in future expansion because of level increase etc, but didn't they JUST secure themselves massive workload with tweaking the entire game to work with new class stats/interrupts/heals etc? :confused: Also, taunts that can miss. Really BW? Because the tank role is not intimidating enough for newcomers and they don't get blamed enough for problems/wipes, good job, even less people willing to go tank is what we need :confused: If they want to fix the problem of Accuracy in tank gear, how about they stop putting it in to make the vendor gear as crap as possible for tanks? :confused: Edited by Pietrastor

...aaaaand we've just crossed over to the Twilight Zone.

That's kinda what goes through my mind every time I see that argument about "now doesn't exist" made...

Dont worry about how much DPS you may be doing, worry about how much fun you are having.

I agree.

That's WHY I have concerns about the changes in damage, interrupts, skills vs Disciplines, etc.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

The amount of DPS doesnt really matter, the higher the DPS does not mean the greater the game.

That kinda right.

What you should be worried about is the fact that you just paid $20 to level and your characters will actually be no better than what you were at 55. The conetnt you did at 55, well you can keep doing it because you might as well have stayed at 55.

It's like you leveled up but didn't actually progress. It goes pretty much against the very reason to level up in the first place.

Kinda hard to have fun leveling up when the whole premise of leveling up is "F"ed up.

Edited by Quraswren

That kinda right.

What you should be worried about is the fact that you just paid $20 to level and your characters will actually be no better than what you were at 55. The conetnt you did at 55, well you can keep doing it because you might as well have stayed at 55.

It's like you leveled up but didn't actually progress. It goes pretty much against the very reason to level up in the first place.

Kinda hard to have fun leveling up when the whole premise of leveling up is "F"ed up.

Except the content you do at level 55 will be just as challenging at level 55 in 3.0 as in 2.10. At level 60, doing level 55 content will be like doing level 50 content now, it's just the numbers will be a bit lower on everything.

Except the content you do at level 55 will be just as challenging at level 55 in 3.0 as in 2.10. At level 60, doing level 55 content will be like doing level 50 content now, it's just the numbers will be a bit lower on everything.

Actually, 55 content will be slightly more challenging at 55 after this but challenge is not my problem.

So, where you are wrong is at 60.

Your gear at 60 will be no better than when you were at 55. 55 content isn't getting adjusted and 60 content will adjusted to 55 so they can keep DF/DP relevant.

Thats why no one is gaining any actual power from leveling. Leveling is pointless come this expansion. Your not actually leveling up, just gaining skills with the illusion of leveling. When you reach 60, you will actually be at 55 again. Thats what will make 55 content challenging. BW doesn't want that content to be like a 55 doing 50 content.

and the leveling is not needed for the story. They could put out the story planets and skip the leveling at this point since leveling is pretty much pointless.

What you are getting is a level 60 that is no more powerful than they were at 55, still doing 55 content and level 60 content adjusted to act as 55 because your not actually getting stronger.

It's like BW plateaued in design and just said, "Screw it. Keep everyone at 55 but put in the illusion of leveling to make it sale. That way we can keep 2 tired and worn out OPS as an alternate way to get gear."

Edited by Quraswren

Well, that's actually the big question -- how drastic and broad is the change in damage, which content will or won't be adjusted to match that change?

Will the content we're doing at 55 actually be about as challenging for our level 55 characters in 3.0 as it is in 2.xx? Or will it be noticeably more difficult in the case of 8/16 man content, and noticeably more grindy in the case of dailies and 2/4 heroics?

Before certain parties jump in, please note that "difficulty" and "grindiness" are not the same thing -- content can get more grindy without really getting more difficult. Example -- soloing a mid-level world boss with a level 55 character is not in any way difficult, it's just insanely grindy.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Actually, 55 content will be slightly more challenging at 55 after this but challenge is not my problem.

So, where you are wrong is at 60.

Your gear at 60 will be no better than when you were at 55. 55 content isn't getting adjusted and 60 content will adjusted to 55 so they can keep DF/DP relevant.

Thats why no one is gaining any actual power from leveling. Leveling is pointless come this expansion. Your not actually leveling up, just gaining skills with the illusion of leveling. When you reach 60, you will actually be at 55 again. Thats what will make 55 content challenging. BW doesn't want that content to be like a 55 doing 50 content.

and the leveling is not needed for the story. They could put out the story planets and skip the leveling at this point since leveling is pretty much pointless.

What you are getting is a level 60 that is no more powerful than they were at 55, still doing 55 content and level 60 content adjusted to act as 55 because your not actually getting stronger.

It's like BW plateaued in design and just said, "Screw it. Keep everyone at 55 but put in the illusion of leveling to make it sale. That way we can keep 2 tired and worn out OPS as an alternate way to get gear."

Did this guy just nail it or can anyone refute his logic? If not, this is just plain sad.

Did this guy just nail it or can anyone refute his logic? If not, this is just plain sad.

So because some guy post a bunch of misinformation with ZERO facts or links to back up what he said you believe it? Usually a rant like you are praising would include facts, information, quotes, and or evidence to back up what he is saying. He provided none of it he is just dooming and glooming and you sadly ate it all up.

That kinda right.

Lalalalalala

You wont level up without paying $20.

so it seems its not wrong.

If you think it's wrong, whats wrong with it?

Well come 3.0 you will be lower at level 55 and as you level you will gain power....sounds like leveling to me....

If those suggesting the worst-case-scenario are right, then it's more like RE-leveling.

We'll see.

Exactly!!! They don't know and to assume and doom and gloom all over the forums about something you have no clue on is ridiculous...

Well come 3.0 you will be lower at level 55 and as you level you will gain power....sounds like leveling to me....

Sounds like leveling and looks like leveling but it doesn't really produce like leveling.

You will pretend to level. See some points add up and see a flash of light every so often but at the end of it, you will get 192 and 198 gear as you get to 60 and you will preform as if you were level 55 and still had on 180/186 gear.

They got rid of the illusion of choice in talent trees and added it back to the leveling experience.

Edited by Quraswren