The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Starwars the Old Republic give away on Twitch!

_Anderal_

So, given that Twitch pays at least some streamers according to the number of people who view the stream, see, e.g., How much do Pro Gamers make Streaming? ("Twitch ... pays $2.00 per 1000 that see ads on your stream. ") , does this thread count as a commercial advertisement?

If so, it that a violation of the ToS or can we all post ads here?

This is true if you already make money Streaming but I do not. I will be making $0 off of these streams in fact I will be giving toward Star Wars players and trying to help build better community.

Edited by _Anderal_

This is true if you already make money Streaming but I do not. I will be making $0 off of these streams in fact I will be giving toward Star Wars players and trying to help build better community.

Might be OK then, or might not.

The ToS say you may not "Post messages for any purpose other than personal communication, including without limitation advertising or promotional messaging, ... or other commercial activities." You could be considered to be advertising a non-commercial personal communication, so the "or other commercial activities" clause at the end may indicate that you are in the clear.

That ToS restriction is not very well drafted, unless ambiguity was the goal. Which it may have been ...

Looking at the situation, BW has had plenty of time to take notice and remove the thread if they thought it a ToS violation, so there is a good chance you are in the clear.

And you can thank me for the bump later. :)

If the OP is giving away 30 day sub and 500 CC, I doubt he/she will earn more than that from any viewers...

It doesn't strike me as commercial, since it is a one shot deal. I vote for leaving it up... I won't watch it, but that doesn't mean I have an issue with it.

Can people FOR ONCE not try and take something off topic in these forums?

Good luck on your viewers and the give away. Grats to whoever gets it :)

There, see people? That wasn't hard. All you have to do is stick on the topic and that's it.

Can people FOR ONCE not try and take something off topic in these forums?

Good luck on your viewers and the give away. Grats to whoever gets it :)

There, see people? That wasn't hard. All you have to do is stick on the topic and that's it.

Amen!!!!!!!

Always a freaking spoil sport that comes in and spouts something stupid.

Good luck on your stream, because of how you were treated here, I'll be sure to try to watch it!