'Master' title for Jedi Knight? (SPOILERS ALERT!)

Korvun

Looking around online, I I read that you get this title for finishing the Act 1 missions after Alderaan/Tatooine. I finished Act 1, but only received the 'Hero of Tython' title. Did I miss something? I would hate to have missed out on the only title worth wearing.

Looking around online, I I read that you get this title for finishing the Act 1 missions after Alderaan/Tatooine. I finished Act 1, but only received the 'Hero of Tython' title. Did I miss something? I would hate to have missed out on the only title worth wearing.

You should get a mission chain immediately after you are made master on Tython, that's when i got my Master title. (after finishing the mission, not after being named Jedi Master.)

Just keep playing a bit more in your story line and you should get the master title, at least that's how it worked for my Jedi Consular/Sage

• 1 month later...

ok, I'm gonna wrap this one up nice and tight with a pretty little bow on it mkay?

The Jedi Knight only recieves the Jedi Master title at his award ceremony immediately following defeating The Emperor, Hero of Tython is awarded after killing Darth Angral and saving Tython at the end of Act I, you get the title The Indominable after escaping The Emperor's Fortress at the end of Act II, and, once more, after killing The Emperor you recieve the rank of Jedi Master

kinda messed up considering how the Consular recieves their Master rank at 30, and I doubt they did anything NEAR as impressive as what the Knight did to achieve his title

• 1 month later...
kinda messed up considering how the Consular recieves their Master rank at 30, and I doubt they did anything NEAR as impressive as what the Knight did to achieve his title

Yeah. I play both (JK to 50 and JC is coming up on 39) and I think the Consular classes recieving the Master title so early diminishes it completely. I won't even display mine until I reach 50 and feel I've earned it, the same as I did on the Knight.

Politics vs. Merit. Same story, different galaxy. ;)

Edited by Keja

It seems that the awarded title at the end of Act III should depend on your dark and light side points.

Satele explicitly refuses to make you a master, if you have more dark side points than light side points.

Instead the representative of the republican military awards you with a "General of the Republic" title.

Unfortunately the game seems to be bugged at this point. After the dialog has finished you will find the Master title in your title list regardless of the dialog scene and your alignment.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 years later...

Do you have to be Neutral or Light Side aligned to receive Master Rank? I'm at the final scene where Satele Shan is supposed to give me my Master rank, but since I'm Dark Side 2 she refuses to give me the rank. I exited out of the scene immediately.

20 minutes ago, SeedlesS said:

Do you have to be Neutral or Light Side aligned to receive Master Rank? I'm at the final scene where Satele Shan is supposed to give me my Master rank, but since I'm Dark Side 2 she refuses to give me the rank. I exited out of the scene immediately.

Neutral is enough.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SeedlesS said:

No matter what Satele says in the cutscene, you will still be able to use the title of Master. My JK was max DS and has it.

7 hours ago, Anhkriva said:

No matter what Satele says in the cutscene, you will still be able to use the title of Master. My JK was max DS and has it.

This was changed to where you can have the Master title now.  At launch, you were not given the title of master, if you were dark side, but people complained and they changed it.

22 minutes ago, casirabit said:

This was changed to where you can have the Master title now.  At launch, you were not given the title of master, if you were dark side, but people complained and they changed it.

Even though I didn't play at the time, I know that in the past DS had a much better title at the end of the story. I don't think that anyone who asks about it today would be interested in an answer that has been out of date for 10 years, so let's not mislead like the guy above.