Commendations in 3.0

Brewski

I have no real problem with the change in value for the Commendations, since they're essentially getting a boost , although it means for the next month or so, it's way more worth it to do easy stuff to earn Basics, rather than break ones back earning Ultimates, and save for the new gear that will be better than anything even Ultimates can even buy right now.

I am curious what's going to happen to the actual gear, though. A lot of those shells are pretty good looking, and it'll suck if we have to wait nearly two years for them to start showing up in gamble packs ilke what happened with the previous "endgame" gear...doubly so since Tionese/Rakata/Columi was still only one model, and right now we have four.

I'd hope that you could still at least get Black Market and Verpine from ops and flashpoints. I'd be totally OK with the removal of the token stuff if you could still get them all like that.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What idiots idea was this?Utterly and completely ridiculous. :mad: I have 8 toons with 300 Ultimate comms each on them in preparation for 3.0, so essentially all my hard work is flushed down the toilet because one guy wants to be a JERK and not let you have them for some outlandish reason. Talk about a pile of bull****.

^^^^ LoL, this person feels that the Ultimates he EARNS NOW should be able to purchase NEW ULTIMATE gear when the expac launches. You sir are sooo entitled. Every MMO does resets. This is one.

Let me help you...

>>>> YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PURCHASE THE NEW 'ULTIMATE COM BASED GEAR' WITH YOUR CURRENT SUPPLY OF ULTIMATE COMMS<<,,

That's what you were hoping for and its NOT going to happen, get over it.

Yeah, there seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding of the term "downgrade". I added a clarification to the OP to make sure people understand that the basic commendations of tomorrow will buy you the same or better gear after they are converted from today's ultimate and elite comms.

Its not about the change, per-se.

Its about the fact that people wanted to jump in and buy a couple pieces of new ultimate gear the day of launch... thats their gripe.

I do not share this opinion, I am happy for the change... everyone starts on the same footing... if anything I'll be doing a lot of basic, & classic com gathering until launch. So all toons can get to better gear for beginnnig the hike to 60. Then the comm grind begins again.

What I am more curious about is how Bioware is going to handle all the pending/unclaimed quest rewards.

I know a lot of people including myself who hit the weekly cap. Then we stop accepting the reward and let them pile up until the reset on Tuesday. Then we accept everything up to the weekly again and the cycle repeats.

So as I see it, Bioware has a couple of options:

1. Delete these pending mission rewards. I think this would piss off a lot of people

2. Modify the mission rewards that are pending to be Basic Comms. Not sure if this will be doable or not especially since a lot of them give both Elite and Ultimate comms.

But not doing anything will result in people starting with Elite and Ultimate comms.

Edited by Nireos
spelling errors

Wow, the tears of some of the posters in this thread are just soooo delicious! Yummy! :D

I think some are just mad that they were planning on gaming the system, and Bioware said, "Um, no, that's not gonna happen."

Which, in my opinion, is a good thing, and the way it should be. As others have pointed out, why should your stockpile of level 55 comms earn you level 60 gear? Does not compute...

Honestly, I for one expected this to happen anyway, and anyone who didn't is a bit naive, IMO.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program... :)

The Planetary coms serve a needed purpose now, to buy hilts, barrels, armorings, mods, and enthancements while leveling. The classic coms are used much less, when I level new toons with the 12X bonus I do not use them at all.

Eliminating these 2 current coms and going to 3 types only, will prove to be a major headache.

I would propose they be modified thus:

Planetary coms Level 1-50 as current. It does work now well enough.

Clasic coms level 53; 162 rated gear, level 55; 180 rated gear. There needs to be a bridge in gear to get to level 60.

The current system of eliminating these 2 com types creates the hole of gear from 10 to 59.

The scenario in 2.0 was player crafted reversible engineered full 156 modifications. Yes this was better than any main hand available in Nim ops, but it was also level 53. For the record before 2.0 I had tanks healers and dps with the 150 rated hilts and barrels that were crafted, this changed in 2.0.

For this new expansion I would expect fully craft-able 186 level 58 modifications (basic gear) from vender modification recipes reengineered.

Crafting in new game tiers helps to get people ready for the hard mode flash points and story mode operations as it has in 2.0.

For those clinging to the new basic being 180, your shortsightedness of what worked in 2.0, new tier gear moves up 2.0 to 3.0 ( 150 NiM 50 to 156 53 basic to 55 186 NiM to ( 58 186 basic )) is a lot smaller. GET OVER IT.

Well the best thing to do right now is to not do any content.

If you do operations through group finder it's useless, you'll not get any reward from it, because they will become basic commendations.

So for now best thing to do is nothing.

;)

While I can't agree with the outrage or the opinion underlying it, I also don't think that taking personal shots at people while they're angry about it will help in any way.

(Intentionally did not quote anyone.)

Well the best thing to do right now is to not do any content.

If you do operations through group finder it's useless, you'll not get any reward from it, because they will become basic commendations.

So for now best thing to do is nothing.

;)

Why? The comms you grind now will become comms that buy the same stuff that you can buy now, won't they?

Edited by Max_Killjoy

The current system of eliminating these 2 com types creates the hole of gear from 10 to 59.

The scenario in 2.0 was player crafted reversible engineered full 156 modifications. Yes this was better than any main hand available in Nim ops, but it was also level 53. For the record before 2.0 I had tanks healers and dps with the 150 rated hilts and barrels that were crafted, this changed in 2.0.

It's not an issue. Basic will buy everything the current Planetary comms buy now. And as you pointed out, Classics are useless.

This actually simplifies things greatly. You use Basic from 1-60 and buy everything including your entry level gear.

Done, simple. Why is everyone making this more complicated than it needs to be.

Edited by Nireos
spelling errors

The comms you grind now will become comms that buy the same stuff that you can buy now' date=' won't they?[/quote']

Yea but i don't need them at level 60.

It's like having level 50 gear and you're level 55, useless.

One question related to gearing. Is there going to be new Augmenting slots, schematics and augments?

What about new crystals ? All crystals are still columi in the game.

Also why would i want to do level 60 operations ? when in 8 months we'll get new level 65, and all those comms will again become basic comms for level 60.

Edited by -Spc

One question related to gearing. Is there going to be new Augmenting slots, schematics and augments?

He answered that question a few days ago or at least part of your question.

"I can confirm that yes, there will be a new augmentation level in 3.0.

-eric"

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Some people seemed to have assumed that playing story mode 55 content would get them comms that could be used to acquire close to best gear at level 60, but I frankly don't know why they were assuming that.

They feel entitled to that because of how they were raised as a child, I suspect.

Yes.

You will to start with, unless you already have the gear. If you already had the gear then you didn't need those comms you were stockpiling anyway, and were just hoping for a free ride. Don't assume you are going to get a free ride and this problem doesn't happen.

What about new crystals ? All crystals are still columi in the game.

They're never going to change.

Also why would i want to do level 60 operations ? when in 8 months we'll get new level 65, and all those comms will again become basic comms for level 60.

Because it's fun? Why else would you play a game?

Are you expecting to be Level 60 after 3.0 launches? You won't be, you know: no matter how much content you run between now and then, you won't be level 60 when you login that Tuesday morning. Similarly, you won't have comms to buy level 60 gear either.

Guess you will have to earn both the levels and the gear after 3.0 launches. Feel free to go on hiatus until then.

On one side I like that planetary comms will become basic coms, but on the other hand, I guess that this means people who hit 55 these days will spend even less now on getting gear, since they will surely get much better gear with 3.0 and thus we have to deal in the next weeks with even more undergeared folks in end content than we already do because of the 12x XP thing... guess it fits as a horror story for halloween.

Don't assume you are going to get a free ride and this problem doesn't happen.

Free ride ? i did ops to get those comms, those ops are as hard as new ops will be.

When you hit level 60 and do new ops and flashpoints they will be same difficulty as old ones.

So there's no free ride, we all played hard mode ops for ultimate comms and i am sure new level 60 story modes will be easier at level 60 than level 55 hard modes at level 55.

Guess you will have to earn both the levels and the gear after 3.0 launches. Feel free to go on hiatus until then.

I will hit level 60, but i am keeping my level 55 gear, simply because i don't want to do this anymore. Level 60 gear will be obsolete in 8-12 months anyway.

Edited by -Spc

Free ride ? i did ops to get those comms, those ops are as hard as new ops will be.

When you hit level 60 and do new ops and flashpoints they will be same difficulty as old ones.

So there's no free ride, we all played hard mode ops for ultimate comms and i am sure new level 60 story modes will be easier at level 60 than level 55 hard modes at level 55.

Congrats, you did the level 55 ops. Do you want a cookie? Well, of course you do otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about not getting enough for doing it.

You did level 55 ops, you get level 55 gear. You do level 60 ops, you get level 60 gear. You want your level 55 ops to count for level 60 gear. You want a free ride.

Congrats, you did the level 55 ops. Do you want a cookie? Well, of course you do otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about not getting enough for doing it.

You did level 55 ops, you get level 55 gear. You do level 60 ops, you get level 60 gear. You want your level 55 ops to count for level 60 gear. You want a free ride.

No, then keep ultimate comms for level 55, and make Super comms for level 60.

Problem solved.

So what ? i'll wait for level 65.

You are going to skip the L60 content to wait for level 65 ...

So why not wait for level 70? It will be out some time after level 65.

Seriously, why don't you just wait until, say, 2020. I'm sure we'll be at level 100 by then.

Probably using the same game engine tho. lol

P.S. When they release the L65 stuff, you'll probably be able to buy L65 stuff with Ultimate comms.

And they will convert all your old L60 Ultimates to Basics.

So you'll be right in the situation you are in now, but 5 levels higher.

Edited by BuriDogshin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.