Stock Night on The Bastion, October 30th

Drakkolich

Everyone keeps asking me for it so let's get it started back up again.

Because of the rather short notice were going to keep this one short and I'll try to give more notice in the future.

On Thursday October 30th from 9pm-midnight Est or 6pm-9pm Pst, were going to have a Stock Night on The Bastion server.

Rules for Stock Night are pretty easy, you can play any ship as long as you use the default components with no upgrades. You use the default crew as well, however you may change the copilot to alter your active ability.

If you're making a new character for Stock night try to -Stock at the end of your name just so everyone knows your participating. Last time we filled almost an entire game with characters with -Stock at the end it was pretty awesome.

Example Stock name: Drakolich-Stock , Verain-Stock , Nemarus-Stock

Example Stock ship

Rycer/Starguard

Heavy Laser Cannon

Rapid-fire Laser Cannon

Concussion Missiles

Quick-Charge Shield

Koiogran Turn

Turbo Reactor

Power Thrusters

Range Capacitor

Regeneration Extender

All with no upgrades of course

Your crew would be

Imperial

Offensive: MZ-12

Defensive: Writch Hurley

Tactical: Salana Rok

Engineering: Aven Geth

Copilot: Any of the above

Republic

Offensive: B-3G9

Defensive: Oro Wogawa

Tactical: Kendra Novar

Engineering: Ashy

Copilot: Any of the above

If you have any questions please let me know. When you join the server to come play please join /cjoin GSF so that we can all chat. ^^

Hope to see you on the 30th ^^

Edited by Drakkolich

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame it's so late in the middle of the week. Could you try to make some of the future stock nights either on a friday/saturday or at least a few hours earlier (9pm EST = 2am GMT, 3am for me).

I bet a Fri/Sat thing could happen one of these times np.

The issues I've seen with these events are, if too long of a field is chosen, it becomes a real issue. For instance, strike night had a lot of participation... some of the time. With so many hours every week, it basically meant if you were an EH regular you couldn't miss it. While some players could queue the whole thing straight, others could not, etc. Players with flexibility but lack of total hours were guaranteed to miss much, etc.

But I'm sure Drako will pick different times and days, etc.

By stock ship do you mean the ships only available with a lvl 1 toon? In other words, no bombers and no ships from the CM or purchased via fleet req even if they have no upgrades?

Nope. Any ship with the default component with no upgrade will do. You can use bomber and Cartel ship, just don't change the component or upgrade any of them. ;)

By stock ship do you mean the ships only available with a lvl 1 toon? In other words, no bombers and no ships from the CM or purchased via fleet req even if they have no upgrades?
The spirit of the event is to recreate the "Day #1" GSF experience.

Two contradicting responses above. Ships from CM or purchased via fleet req shouldn't be allowed. It's an unfair advantage to people coming from different servers since those people will not have any fleet req nor want to spend 1800 CC for a ship for one night.

Two contradicting responses above. Ships from CM or purchased via fleet req shouldn't be allowed. It's an unfair advantage to people coming from different servers since those people will not have any fleet req nor want to spend 1800 CC for a ship for one night.

You can use any ship, as long as its default components. Cartel ships have 0 advantage over regular ones if they have full stock components so if you want to spend the 1800 CC just to unlock a ship for Stock night all the power to you it helps support GSF. :)

"Rules for Stock Night are pretty easy, you can play any ship as long as you use the default components with no upgrades. You use the default crew as well, however you may change the copilot to alter your active ability." This is what I put in the original post I didn't think it was that complicated, but if you still have questions feel free.

The Imperial Sting should dominate. It starts with targetting telemetry, wingman, cluster missiles, distortion field, regen thrusters, LLC and damage capacitors.

Yep Sting is still one of the best even in a Stock only contest. However without all the evasion it normally has you do have to fly very differently. Suddenly railgun shots are much scarrier.

The Imperial Sting should dominate. It starts with targetting telemetry, wingman, cluster missiles, distortion field, regen thrusters, LLC and damage capacitors.

Note that while the Flashfire lacks wingman, it DOES get pinpointing, and is otherwise the same.

Certainly the type 2 scout will be a good ship under almost any ruleset, so we'd expect it to be good here too.

Kind of doubt I'm going to make this, unfortunately. I've got a guild raid at 9, and I'm not going to get home from work until about 7. I'd try to get a few games in, but would rather work on completing the toon I'm going to swap to Bastion for Sunday's event.

Hope you have fun, though! Cheers!

I just rolled a guy on The Bastion to prep for tonight, so I don't have to waste any time. I figured I'd play one game just to get a feel for how tough stock ships are to play - here is what happened. See if you can figure out who I was, lol.

It was actually a GREAT game, obviously I don't know any of those other pilots, and I'm pretty sure I was the only one flying stock, but I had a blast anyway.

I just rolled a guy on The Bastion to prep for tonight, so I don't have to waste any time. I figured I'd play one game just to get a feel for how tough stock ships are to play - here is what happened. See if you can figure out who I was, lol.

It was actually a GREAT game, obviously I don't know any of those other pilots, and I'm pretty sure I was the only one flying stock, but I had a blast anyway.

Laughing-stock? That's pretty hilarious. :D

Laughing-stock? That's pretty hilarious. :D

lol, thanks. I usually have a little trouble coming up with names whenever I roll new guys, but this one was pretty easy; it was the first thing that sprung to mind after I read Drako's OP about the event. i like it. what can I say, I'm easily amused.

sorry you can't make it, btw. hopefully another time.

see the rest of you out there in an hour or so.