Any chance on Dual spec + an Equipment Manager making it into 3.0?

seanisawake

They've consistently said that dual spec is a long ways away and not a particular priority for them. They've said it's something they would like to do at some point but they're in no hurry to do it. Players may have been talking about dual spec since 1.3 but BW has never indicated there was any plan on the horizon to include it.

Any chance on Dual spec + an Equipment Manager making it into 3.0? Would be so nice just to one button click equip my PVP/PVE sets... Both have been talked around since 1.3.

Also, any word on the random mount button? Wouldn't mind a response from a CM.

There is no point for a dual spec since they are moving to the discipline system. A equipment manager for switching gear would be nice but no word on that.

@OP: been said at the NY cantina event that dual speccing (hopefully multi) is something they are looking after but not for 3.0 (source)

There is no point for a dual spec since they are moving to the discipline system. A equipment manager for switching gear would be nice but no word on that.

Not really, people could use different template for solo, grouped, OP, PvP play

Then you sometimes also have to edit your UI layout and quickslot skills and even keybindings.

@OP: been said at the NY cantina event that dual speccing (hopefully multi) is something they are looking after but not for 3.0 (source)

Not really, people could use different template for solo, grouped, OP, PvP play

Then you sometimes also have to edit your UI layout and quickslot skills and even keybindings.

Exactly. Any word on the Equipment Manager though

• Dev Post
Any chance on Dual spec + an Equipment Manager making it into 3.0? Would be so nice just to one button click equip my PVP/PVE sets... Both have been talked around since 1.3.

Also, any word on the random mount button? Wouldn't mind a response from a CM.

I think the first part of your question has already been answered, but just to reiterate, neither of those features are planned to be in 3.0.

As for random mount, this is something the team is researching to see if and when we could get it into the game. This isn't confirmation it will happen, but it is certainly a feature we would love to have! I know as an avid mount collector myself, I would personally love that option :rak_03:

-eric

I think the first part of your question has already been answered, but just to reiterate, neither of those features are planned to be in 3.0.

As for random mount, this is something the team is researching to see if and when we could get it into the game. This isn't confirmation it will happen, but it is certainly a feature we would love to have! I know as an avid mount collector myself, I would personally love that option :rak_03:

-eric

What about Costume Manager/separating looks from stats? Bruce said at NY cantina that it could be in for 3.0? Any update/ETA?

-eric

WoW had an addon for random mount/pet was one of my favorite addons maybe that could give you more info into how it could be done.

So, just to sum it all up we will be getting things we never asked for or cared about that much and the things we do care about and want (dual spec's, upping the 22 character limit, upping mission cap, cross server War Zones & Op's & FP's, costume tab, hoods down, upping legacy lvl, improved dye system, removing SOME weapon restrictions, ect, ect) will just continue to be ignored.

-eric

What is the point of random mount?

Of all the many things that may make the game better I don't see how a random mount selection button would be one of them. If you want to use a mount use it, I really don't see how a random generator it something its worth wasting resources on. Seriously if people are that determined to ride a different mount just fill a task bar with 10 mounts and pick a different one each time.

Where as dual spec and an equipment manager are things that would add to the game. Sometimes its hard to see where bioware think this game should go.

Of all the many things that may make the game better I don't see how a random mount selection button would be one of them. If you want to use a mount use it, I really don't see how a random generator it something its worth wasting resources on. Seriously if people are that determined to ride a different mount just fill a task bar with 10 mounts and pick a different one each time.

Where as dual spec and an equipment manager are things that would add to the game. Sometimes its hard to see where bioware think this game should go.

Different strokes for different folks. Just because you don't care for something doesn't mean the rest of the community feels the same way.

You say potato, they understand portato.

You say tomato, they understand tormato.

Potato, portato.

Tomato, tormato.

-eric

Okay,

Thanks for the response. Patiently waiting *fingers crossed*

What about Costume Manager/separating looks from stats? Bruce said at NY cantina that it could be in for 3.0? Any update/ETA?

guys i dont like that...

Its may not be appropriate, but I played eso for 1-2 months and they have it as a kind of token, a different looks from what you actually have as a gear... its a kind of mask and it felt horrible!

I didnt liked it at all, instead I felt it very cheap... I mean, not be able to create a proper gear looks and they give us this kind of customization mask, skins to look good.

It was like our companions customization looks , 1 item that changes you whole. That is what you mean?

I consider it as a cheap and easy solution.

Edited by Oyranos

Hello Eric,

It seems during the NHY Cantina tour event it was mentioned you're considering adding dual(multi?) speccing at some point. Are you allowed to elaborate a bit more on that maybe?

Ref: Unnamed STWOR podcast.

Thanks.

EXCELLENT!

NO to dual spec. Pick a class, pick a spec, learn to play your decision!

I support this decision 100%

Random Mount would be way more useful than dual spec.

Quite honestly, dual spec is just not that necessary anymore. The only thing you have to remember now is which Utilities you got, which is pretty easy, I would imagine (fairly straightforward after you've spend time with the system I'm sure).

EXCELLENT!

NO to dual spec. Pick a class, pick a spec, learn to play your decision!

I support this decision 100%

Yea? Field Respecialization must give you nightmares, then.

It's already in the game, they'd just be making it more convenient to use.

I hate it now when I need to respec with field respec as I need to re-arrange my skills on action bars. (Change from DPS to Healer than change back later on is a lot of work.)

The same problem would be exist even if the system is changed to Discipline.

Maybe it is fine if you are mouse clicker, but for ppl use key binding it is pain in the butt.

Edited by hchsiao

Please allow me to rephrase that: no macro for automated combat only.

BUT macro for RP, chat, emotes, change gear look for companions and character, toggle on/off head slot gear.

Macros for chat and RP (assuming you have enough buttons and software to bind it) are according to Philip_BW grey area they do not consider violation of ToS (unless you are either spamming or the chat commands are used for gaining an advantage, like having macro for "inc snow").

Source - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6459160

Edited by Aries_cz