1 Credit Slot Machines not BOP?

Unchosen

Or for people to stockpile them to sell at a later time...like when they are no longer available for 1 credit. It is odd that they aren't BOP, we're the Voss posters? I don't remember.

Voss posters weren't BOP either, to my knowledge no decoration has been.

And yeah, like those posters these will be handy to stockpile and sell for profit down the line (or as a trap for the unwary right now if you're feeling unscrupulous).

Do you only care about the things that affect you directly? Are you really that self centered?

No, I just think people need to learn the hard way, not have everything set up perfectly for them so they can't make mistakes.

Do you only care about the things that affect you directly? Are you really that self centered?
I am. At least when it comes to a videogame. If a feature doesn't affect me, I don't care. I let those affected sort it out. None of my business.

I imagine the non-bound nature of the slots is an oversight. Assuming one must have the necessary reputation to actually install the item in their house. If no rep is required to install the item (only to buy it), then I see an issue. But not an issue that affects me. I have no idea what my rep level is or whether I could buy the slot from the rep vendor. So, it's possible this issue does affect me, as I would be one of the sheep who pay credits for it on the GTN.

one of the reasons for not being BOP is that guilds can't purchase things on their own so need individual memebers to purchase and donate. If they are BOP they can't be donated, the downside to this is that yes, they will end up on the GTN at some point.

If this was really a concern they could release them again in the future.

They [Voss signs] WERE BoP.

Given that there are five of them for sale on Pot5's GTN right now (ranging from 70K to 90K in price - a pretty nice markup form 1 credit), they clearly were NOT BoP - unless they changed it partway through their availability.

Edited by DarthDymond

No, I just think people need to learn the hard way, not have everything set up perfectly for them so they can't make mistakes.

I don't think it's necessary to teach anyone a hard lesson just because they haven't read the latest patch notes.

It just sounds like you're trying to justify people's reason for being greedy.

There's a big difference between wanting to teach someone something and trying to take advantage of someone.

I don't think it's unreasonable for BioWare to have sent a notice in our mail regarding this item.

When BioWare makes a CM mistake, let everyone enjoy the benefit.

Edited by Unchosen

Given that there are five of them for sale on Pot5's GTN right now (ranging from 70K to 90K in price - a pretty nice markup form 1 credit), they clearly were NOT BoP - unless they changed it partway through their availability.

Voss signs bought from the Rep vendor were BOP. When acquired from a pack they are not.

Edited by Unchosen

Those are from the packs and NOT from the vendor.

I don't think it's necessary to teach anyone a hard lesson just because they haven't read the latest patch notes.

There's a big different between wanting to teach someone something and trying to take advantage of someone.

I don't think it's unreasonable for BioWare to have sent a notice in our mail regarding this item.

This.

Funny thing is if many people didn't know about this then making a thread about it means they do now ( listing them for profit that is ), thanks. ;)

If this is a scam then so is everyone else gathering their mats for FREE and then listing those on the GTN at an inflated price.

Or what about prefab decorations - those sell for 2-3 times the cost of the actual prefabs that you can buy from the GTN meaning you can buy prefabs, cash in on the decorations, then list them right back on the GTN for guaranteed profit. Is that a scam?

Some people really can't be assed travelling to fleet from their stronghold's etc. and would probably prefer the QOL of paying 40k than going to fleet, running to the stupid cartel bazaar and laoding that transition and then finding the vendor buying the 1c item then returning to stronghold.

I've no problem with people under cutting on the GTN to keep it fair, that's cool everyone has that choice but to call those selling these on GTN scammers is a bit rich.

decorations shouldnt be bop... its not gear, its a decoration and since most of decos apply to people likes...If I have a deco that is ugly for me, it may be useful for u...

Because decos gave us the change to replay most of the game content. If its bop and I allready have it 2-3 times-5-6... then people will abandon them soon enough.

there is many reasons why decos shouldnt be bop. Rare yes, Bop no... An example is EV, most of people quited it because the trash decos are bop... I have so many and I dont really like them. I could sell them....

In the other hand, this slot machine, is not interactive...

Edited by Oyranos

decorations shouldnt be bop... its not gear, its a decoration and since most of decos apply to people likes...If I have a deco that is ugly for me, it may be useful for u...

Because decos gave us the change to replay most of the game content. If its bop and I allready have it 2-3 times-5-6... then people will abandon them soon enough.

there is many reasons why decos shouldnt be bop. Rare yes, Bop no...

In the other hand, this slot machine, is not interactive...

Congrats for not reading the thread... :rolleyes:

I read the first message, not all...I am dyslexic.

And I give you the reason why decos shouldnt be BOP. If you want to let ur server know about the 1 credit deco, spam it in general, so they all go and buy it.

Edited by Oyranos

Only reason Voss Pub sign was BOP was because it was fixed to drop correctly instead of another item. This wasn't the case for the Slot Machine.

And what lets you assume that they don't fix the slot machine, too?

The slot machine is only available for a limited time on the rep vendor. After that, it's most likely that they'll be in the pack.