What is up with the PvE Gear in Warzones?!?!?!

dalevan

TBH unless the gear is 168+ bolster makes it pretty close to obroan, the thing that kills is people not having augments or stims, those make the biggest effective difference in stats for PvP and 180 gear, better off without any gear.

• 2 weeks later...
You do realize that even people with max PvP Gear get bolstered, right? People walking in with 22-24k health (bolstered) are a waste of queue space. Try healing these squishies and see how you feel about it. People should do warzones as you level so they can max comms on the way up. Then they can get PvP gear AND learn how to play their class, and learn the strategy of the warzones. It's not hard to grasp.

You do realize that even people with max PvP Gear get bolstered, right? People walking in with 22-24k health (bolstered) are a waste of queue space. Try healing these squishies and see how you feel about it. People should do warzones as you level so they can max comms on the way up. Then they can get PvP gear AND learn how to play their class, and learn the strategy of the warzones. It's not hard to grasp.

Absurd!

Boohoo. Seriously, why would someone level up in WZ when you get 12x xp for running story missions? Your proposition makes no sense. Either stay away from PVP until the expansion hits or learn to deal with it.

Bolster ignores PvP gear. if you have full expertise, you do not get bolstered because expertise is there to buff your stats, which is why bolster specficially is set to ignore any piece of gear that has any bit of expertise on it.

Edit: typo "status" changed to stats"

Edited by undiess

Wrong. Your expertise is not bolstered at max, but your stats are. Just look at your stats before you enter a WZ and after you enter.

And I guess you are right if people are ok with sucking in WZ's when they are new 55's, then that is their perogative. Just don't expect heals from me when you die so fast.

Edited by dalevan

Wrong. Your expertise is not bolstered at max, but your stats are. Just look at your stats before you enter a WZ and after you enter.

And I guess you are right if people are ok with sucking in WZ's when they are new 55's, then that is their perogative. Just don't expect heals from me when you die so fast.

That is not bolster that is expertise. bolster exists as a supplement for those that have no expertise. expertise effects your stats like bolster does. you don't get both, it's one or the other.

Edited by undiess

That is what I mean. You need the Expertise to boost your stats. You need augments. We have level 55's coming in with barely any WZ experience in their class either with bad green gear, no augs, & only bolstered exp. Even bolster can't help that gear. I am not talking about good crafted PvE gear that doesn't sacrifice bolster for stats. As long as you can max EXP or get really close to it, higher level PvE gear is fine because the overall stats are good. I am talking about the people with no gear, no augs that even bolster can't even help. If you have 22k health, & not much experience playing that class, you are useless to the group and will be targeted 1st, and impossible to heal.

Boohoo. Seriously, why would someone level up in WZ when you get 12x xp for running story missions? Your proposition makes no sense. Either stay away from PVP until the expansion hits or learn to deal with it.

How about buying stims? PvP AND your main stat? :eek::eek::eek::eek: Pls, just shut it. You are clueless.

How about buying stims? PvP AND your main stat? :eek::eek::eek::eek: Pls, just shut it. You are clueless.

So, you're justification to leveling slower is that you can buy stims? Wow, that's brilliant, I will happily level 12x slower simply so that I can buy some stims at 55. If you can't figure out that grinding levels in a few days and then using a month of 55 WZs to gear up is preferable to grinding pvp for a month then perhaps I'm not the one that is clueless.

So, you're justification to leveling slower is that you can buy stims? Wow, that's brilliant, I will happily level 12x slower simply so that I can buy some stims at 55. If you can't figure out that grinding levels in a few days and then using a month of 55 WZs to gear up is preferable to grinding pvp for a month then perhaps I'm not the one that is clueless.

If you can't get lvl 54 purp crafted gear (derp) and some mk-9 kits (so hard) and some augs (what's an aug?) and some nano stims (OH I CAN MAKE THEM) and some pvp stims(omg this is too much) then just don't wz....because the point is to fight to win smart guy. Explain to me the logic of the point that YOU are trying to make? Other than the fact that you admit to be a unprepared lazy person.

Edited by Skyhigh
Added more truth.

If you can't get lvl 54 purp crafted gear (derp) and some mk-9 kits (so hard) and some augs (what's an aug?) and some nano stims (OH I CAN MAKE THEM) and some pvp stims(omg this is too much) then just don't wz....because the point is to fight to win smart guy. Explain to me the logic of the point that YOU are trying to make? Other than the fact that you admit to be a unprepared lazy person.

What does it matter? Seriously, it's a game. If you don't like it then find a group that will put up with you (probably not going to happen) and quit queuing solo (derp). Expecting people to do this in solo queue is idiotic and ************ about it is pointless, grow up.

What does it matter? Seriously, it's a game. If you don't like it then find a group that will put up with you (probably not going to happen) and quit queuing solo (derp). Expecting people to do this in solo queue is idiotic and ************ about it is pointless, grow up.

Part of the fun is having the chance to win. I PvP in regs because it is the closest thing I get to mass PvP. If you don't even try to be prepared, then I don''t want you in the WZ. because as a healer you make my job harder. PvP is fun when it is competitive and everyone gives it their best effort. If you aren't prepared, then you aren't even trying. You are dragging the team down, which is a bummer because you cost me comms and time.

Part of the fun is having the chance to win. I PvP in regs because it is the closest thing I get to mass PvP. If you don't even try to be prepared, then I don''t want you in the WZ. because as a healer you make my job harder. PvP is fun when it is competitive and everyone gives it their best effort. If you aren't prepared, then you aren't even trying. You are dragging the team down, which is a bummer because you cost me comms and time.

if you want to tout your epeen then go into ranked, that's what it's for, but don't assume that because you consider that to be fun that everyone else in the gen pop does. Some people want to PVP in a relaxed environment where winning and losing isn't such a big deal, that's what unranked is for. Setting the expectation that everyone in UNRANKED is going to be or wants to be highly competitive is stupid and you're going to have a bad time if that is your expectation while solo queuing.

Edited by theBrayn

I still don't understand how that excuses you for being unprepared for PvP. Because this is a "game" I understand that this is supposed to be for fun. I do ranked and regs. I like the objective PvP as well as the 4 v 4 fight to the death arenas, but running in dying immediately over and over isn't my idea of fun, I and can't believe it is yours either.

This game makes it sooooooo freakin easy to be prepared that all I can see is that you just don't give a F&^%. So I give up. Keep having "fun" and I will be sure to avoid PvPing alongside people with your play style, as well as enjoying the easy kills as your enemy.

if you want to tout your epeen then go into ranked, that's what it's for, but don't assume that because you consider that to be fun that everyone else in the gen pop does. Some people want to PVP in a relaxed environment where winning and losing isn't such a big deal, that's what unranked is for. Setting the expectation that everyone in UNRANKED is going to be or wants to be highly competitive is stupid and you're going to have a bad time if that is your expectation while solo queuing.

So, tell me what you do in wz's? Please explain.....Also: The type of PvP you say is "PvP in a relaxed environment where winning and losing isn't such a big deal" is what Outlaw's den is for. ;)

Edited by Skyhigh

no offense PVP IS Competitive! if you are there to do anything but win then you should really consider art classes or book clubs. i can see that thought process for pvp under 55. cause its just about doing the daily learning the objectives. but at 55 pvp is endgame. thats all pvpers have.

Unless you're ************ about ranked, you are aware that people need to PvP to get the points to buy PvP gear, right? That's kind of how the system works...

YEAH! the system DOES work that way. you need to go into warzones to get all the commendations in order to buy your special PVP gear. so there will be a long amount of time while you're collecting the comms that you'll wear PVE gear. once you've got enough comms you'll be able to trade them for the PVP gear but it won't be quick or easy.