How to destroy GSF

Verain

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L2P better... lol bassically that's it.... its ok I cant hit them either (I need better memorization of DO's.... and the L2P better to)

But.. But.... But.... I'm an awesome pilot!!!!!! I can hit people with 10 shot on the 1000 I fire in a match. I barely do 2000 damage a match. I crash everytime I take off. :D:cool:

That's a troll post, if you couldn't say.

Edited by Ryuku-sama

GSF already has some gear you can at least wear around the fleet. The Fleet Commendation vendor sells a couple of outfits.

Heh, used to be that the only way to get those was to grind space missions, which also depended on PvE: lots of the grade 7 upgrades necessary to run the top-tier ones were made much easier with drops (materials) from lvl 50 ops.

The PvE space missions:

1)- Were doable without the engineering made components (source: I did them all at launch)

2)- Got their best gear from a mix of fleet commendations and crafted materials, and those crafted mats absolutely did NOT require raiding (source: my buddy sold me these pieces, so we know they aren't raid toys)

3)- Are now firmly in the hands of cartel coins, with the final wave of upgrades being a vast upgrade over anything the players can make, and sit next to a host of much more difficult missions.

More importantly, lets make it clear that things like "hey, you can buy a flight outfit with no stats" is NOT GEAR. That's the equivalent of a color module that does not bind on pickup.

ANY GSF gear is Best in Slot Gear. IF you are asking for ANYTHING from GSF it would be like a GSFer asking for the current BiS ground PvP gear (which is different from PvE and can not be gained in PvE even the Relics since PvE relics cant proc in PvP) or asking for BiS PvE gear (again which can only be gained in PvE, while many use the PvP relic, it is only because they havent won the PvE BiS relic yet) so surprise, surprise you get gear for what you want to do, by doing what you want to do.

There is no "gear Progression" in the traditional sense in GSF, thus ALL gear that would be gained is theoretically "BiS" (I say theoretically cus you never know how the balance passes will change what every one uses.)

So Yes asking for ANYTHING for GSF without doing ANY GSF (and with out Cartel Purchases) is akin to GSFer asking for BiS raid, or Arena gear for JUST GSFing.

I can literally buy a BiS ships with coins from the cartel. However, if I want to see a PVE quest series to earn the exact same BIS ship that is going to break the GSF. I just want to understand exactly how this is different in your brain. Don't you have to PVE to unlock ship crew? Isn't this a requirement?

I can literally buy a BiS ships with coins from the cartel. However, if I want to see a PVE quest series to earn the exact same BIS ship that is going to break the GSF. I just want to understand exactly how this is different in your brain. Don't you have to PVE to unlock ship crew? Isn't this a requirement?

Short answer... No you can unlock all crew members through Fleet Req.... earned in GSF... that ship is basically a cosmetic skin... I dont think it would break it, as long as it was BoE... IE you could sell in on the AH.

So basically your saying: Since I PvE, it must be the most important thing to everyone in this game and by extension I should be able to get EVERYTHING IN THE GAME BY DOING ONLY WHAT I LIKE.

Newsflash!: What you care about, is not what everyone cares about.

I for one only care about GSF and a smattering of ground PvP (and leveling at the moment) PvE is less than worthless IMO (and a HUGE waste of time) I literally hate it, and will never ever play a single op. You don't see me then asking for PvE gear / commendations from GSF.

Why you ask?

Because those are two DISPARATE things, sure you can wear some PvE gear in PvP but that certainly not the point. PvE gear is for PvE, the better the gear the better the raid you can accomplish. The fact that some of it works for PvP IMO is a happy accident beholden to the fact that both PvP and PvE use the ground schema and the same gear slots.

In this game nothing works as how you ascribe: PvE does not reward PvP gear, PvE does not reward PvP gear, and GSF does not reward either. They each are separate entities and if you plan on being successful in any of them you need to play THAT PART OF THE GAME.

Gearing for GSF through ground would be misleading and dangerous, people would not know what to do with their ships or components since they don't play GSF.

Also what is with your war on progression, its like you have never played a single MMORPG before. MMO's are literally ALL progression. First you progress through levels to the end game, then you progress through either A) PvP gear, B) PvE gear, or C) Both (if you choose to do both)

The progression in this game is very lite compared to other games, even in GSF. If your not willing to spend even a meager amount of time playing / progressing through GSF how can you expect to be any good at all, also with such a small investment how can you come here and claim to know the fix to endemic problems with a game you hardly play. IMO you don't know what GSF needs at all.

I simply am pointing out this thread stated that a reduction in the grind and integration with ground is going to destroy the GSF. I fundamentally disagree with this thread on those points. It is not going to destroy the GSF nor is further integration with PVE going to result in the destruction of GSF players. In fact, I think the impact of both will help it out in terms of getting more players and more balanced matches.

Hk-51 and Treek are PVE acquired companions. For the longest time in PVP I used PvE hilts due to the slope of expertise and this was a well known and documented practice developers didn't discourage. PVP earns gear intentionally designed to be viable in story-mode PVE so that you can still use it for both end games.

No one is claiming PvE is superior to play. What the reality is for this game is that PVE is central and primary. Even the producers acknowledge this in interviews about the intent of the GSF on the game.

Your reaction is not shocking. I can acquire PVE mods, Hilts, armor and enhancements through credits. If you want a pure progression based game then you should earn no credits for PVP or GSF. Because by your theory craft nothing you buy should be usuable in PVE. Crafting was given RE. You can RE items to be able to craft items. Those Items are then something you can sell. If I PVP, GSF, PVE I earn credits. Those credits are used to buy what I want. Only in the GSF and PVP does its playerbase demand purity of acquisition of gear. It is fine to only play X component of the game.

It is harmless to you if I play another component of the game. I will earn money for that play that allows me to purchase an item usable in another aspect of the game. That decision doesn't force you to play anything I enjoy, like doing operations with my friends.

I simply am pointing out this thread stated that a reduction in the grind and integration with ground is going to destroy the GSF. I fundamentally disagree with this thread on those points. It is not going to destroy the GSF nor is further integration with PVE going to result in the destruction of GSF players. In fact, I think the impact of both will help it out in terms of getting more players and more balanced matches.

Hk-51 and Treek are PVE acquired companions. For the longest time in PVP I used PvE hilts due to the slope of expertise and this was a well known and documented practice developers didn't discourage. PVP earns gear intentionally designed to be viable in story-mode PVE so that you can still use it for both end games.

No one is claiming PvE is superior to play. What the reality is for this game is that PVE is central and primary. Even the producers acknowledge this in interviews about the intent of the GSF on the game.

Your reaction is not shocking. I can acquire PVE mods, Hilts, armor and enhancements through credits. If you want a pure progression based game then you should earn no credits for PVP or GSF. Because by your theory craft nothing you buy should be usuable in PVE. Crafting was given RE. You can RE items to be able to craft items. Those Items are then something you can sell. If I PVP, GSF, PVE I earn credits. Those credits are used to buy what I want. Only in the GSF and PVP does its playerbase demand purity of acquisition of gear. It is fine to only play X component of the game.

It is harmless to you if I play another component of the game. I will earn money for that play that allows me to purchase an item usable in another aspect of the game. That decision doesn't force you to play anything I enjoy, like doing operations with my friends.

HK-51 and Treek are both gainable on GSF through Fleet Req.... all co pilots/ "companions" can be gained through fleet req.

I mean, you would probably use HK-51, Kailyo, or Corso. That way you have Concentrated Fire or In Your Sights, both better than our hypothetical lingering effect.

Importantly, we already have Zenith and others that are arguably worse. I brought up the two engineering passives because you NEVER want those two both- it is always worse.

I mean, you would probably use HK-51, Kailyo, or Corso. That way you have Concentrated Fire or In Your Sights, both better than our hypothetical lingering effect.

Importantly, we already have Zenith and others that are arguably worse. I brought up the two engineering passives because you NEVER want those two both- it is always worse.

Well I always use C2-N2/Blizz.. 10 more engine is always better than 13% less on blasters IMO... But anyway.. The single presence of Jar Jar would make my ship enters in self destruct mode...