isnt it time to get rid of BoP lvl50 gear restrictions?

rlionherz

with lvl60, and i guess new gear, incoming this year. isnt it time to get rid of the (craftable)rakata/exotech BoP restrictions?!

i realy would like to see them gone. IMO BoP shouldnt be there at all tbh.

consumables could be a different story tho

with lvl60, and i guess new gear, incoming this year. isnt it time to get rid of the (craftable)rakata/exotech BoP restrictions?!

For what purpose? Cosmetics? I respectfully disagree. I think there's a charm and satisfaction to having to work for just the right look for your char.

Or is there another reason I am missing?

We went from 50 to 55 and some restrictions remained in place. For instance, the class specific orange sets still require the appropriate class.

I don't see why now would be the time to get rid of lvl50 gear restrictions any more than, say, last month.

i agree, being able to craft those for alts could help the leveling process.

For what purpose? Cosmetics? I respectfully disagree. I think there's a charm and satisfaction to having to work for just the right look for your char.

That'd be great; there's one problem though: I can't work for those gear looks anymore. That option is not available.

I'd be happy to work for them, mind, but it's not possible.

I think he meant the few level 49-50 schematics each crafter can get at max std skill (400). Usually around 4-6 of them. Problem is that the items you can craft with them are BoP, so you basically only craft them once since you can't sell them. Cybertechies gets some reusable grenades, Artificers some relics, etc. but, all BoP stuff.

It's more about gearing alts than cosmetics. My cybertech -- who is a smuggler -- can craft BoP trooper earpieces for instance but I can't give them to a lvl 50 trooper of mine.

The restriction was fine when it was the max level and this gear was fairly good till you could get columi and rakata but it doesn't serve any purpose anymore today.

Edited by demotivator

I always thought those BoP restrictions were a bug/unintended and they just didn't care to fix it, since it was obsolete content.

Didn't we have a similar issue when underworld gear became craftable and implants/earpieces were BoP instead of BoE? But in that case, they've fixed it because it was fresh content?

Edited by Sindariel

i agree, being able to craft those for alts could help the leveling process.

Aren't those armors all "monolithic" (i.e., not moddable)? Why would you want them (other for cosmetics) and how would having them help the leveling process, given that you can get (level 50) 140 modifications from the Makeb vendor for 10 and 4 comms each?

Edited by branmakmuffin

It's particularly annoying for reusable stims. For instance, the Rakata absorb adrenal is still awesome (for an assassin/shadow). I realise to use it I have to get biochem to the level to craft it, but I'd rather be able to craft one and stick it in my legacy bank to switch between sides or just craft it on one toon and send it to my other to be used permanently.