Treek Or Mako?

alecohall

I personally prefer Mako, Treek is such a chatterbox. But the ewok is a mini titan.....leveling she seems like a little furry tanking pro if you keep her gear up. I've never really focused on her healing, but I imagined she'd be pretty good at it, too. I guess it's just a matter of personal preference? Treek can do more than Mako.

Mako, she's my BH sweetheart and i won't change her for Treek, Well geared she's a damn good healer and one of the best comp in game, i almost roll my 2nd BH because of her :p

my Merc get Cyber as crew skill, so it's easy to keep her up

then the game is really easy, Treek is just a fancy comp, no need for her in any case

I use her on my merc, because I'm a healer, and wanted a tank companion until I got Blizz, but I've used her heals on my old assassin tank, and he could solo heroic 4s just fine. My vanguard tank could solo heroics 4s fine as well with Elara as well though... so....

Not saying everyone can, or can't, it just depends a lot on levels, gear and skill. Outleveling the planet you're on by 4+ levels helps... lol

Edited by Gelgaroth

Treek will perform better. She also has the added bonus of using the same gear you do, so it's easier to gear her up. Just giver her your hand me downs and you're good to go. You can also flip Treek to tank stance, even in heal/DPS gear, and get a solid tank from the same companion.

Mako is definitely cute, and Treek is certainly chatty (which may or may not bother you) but based on performance alone Treek is the clear winner.

Treek will perform better. She also has the added bonus of using the same gear you do, so it's easier to gear her up. Just giver her your hand me downs and you're good to go. You can also flip Treek to tank stance, even in heal/DPS gear, and get a solid tank from the same companion.

Mako is definitely cute, and Treek is certainly chatty (which may or may not bother you) but based on performance alone Treek is the clear winner.

Now that I've been tempted back into SWTOR after a couple of years away, I'm working on a brand new Bounty Hunter.

I'm getting tempted to buy Treek based on this thread. I just think it's a pity that the companion is only available to one character, that makes it very expensive. I bought the Cathar species which has the benefit of availability for my whole account. I wonder if Treek would ever be changed to work on more than one character? If I'm dreaming just pinch me! :p

Edited by Sharzade

Now that I've been tempted back into SWTOR after a couple of years away, I'm working on a brand new Bounty Hunter.

I'm getting tempted to buy Treek based on this thread. I just think it's a pity that the companion is only available to one character, that makes it very expensive. I bought the Cathar species which has the benefit of availability for my whole account. I wonder if Treek would ever be changed to work on more than one character? If I'm dreaming just pinch me! :p

You can unlock her for your legacy. So once you have her on one, you can pay 300K to unlock her on others once you hit level 10.

If you pay 1mil credits to get Treek via the vendor's Bounty Contract you can unlock her on each alt in your legacy. It will cost you 300k per unlock. If you pay CC to buy the Bounty Contract via the CM you can also unlock Treek for everyone. Spend 700CC in your Collections and all characters can get a Treek for "free".

Which route is better depends on how often you feel you'd prefer to use Treek.

They need to have a mute option for Treek but she is hands down best when fully geared, tanking and healing!

The elites near the Dread force temple are fun to solo. I use Treek on tanking the whole time works like a charm on my Merc. If they would do away with the Treek chatter would be GREAT!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
As much as I love Mako, Treek is the better healer, although her talking can be annoying, lol. I'm lvl 55, I have both Treek and Mako in all 168/old elite gear, as people have mentioned Treek can use your hand me down gear with Aim as her main attribute, so she's easier to gear. Stat wise- Treek has a little better healing, Treek has slightly more crit (about 2%), also Treek wears heavy armor, has about 29% dmg reduction, and 36,500 hp, while Mako wears medium armor, has about 22% dmg reduction, and has 35,000 hp, so Treek a little more durable.