Why is the Seneschal's Pack higher priced?

Iwipe

Thing is tho, if a store runs a promotional price, they'll make announcements about it.

They won't just drop the prices without any notification and then raise them up again a month or two later, still without any notification.

Actually, that's not true.

Promotional pricing is very often not advertised at all. Its typically a lower price point to help drive the new product. And yes, many times it IS experimental. They don't want to give away any facts or plans for their future pricing plans.

And its up to the company in question to make the determination if they want to stay at that price point or not.

Penetration/Promotional pricing, however, does occasionally drive consumer expectations in the wrong direction. There can be a jarring affect on the consumer when the price is "normalized."

Edited by Arkerus

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, that's not true.

Promotional pricing is very often not advertised at all. Its typically a lower price point to help drive the new product. And yes, many times it IS experimental. They don't want to give away any facts or plans for their future pricing plans.

And its up to the company in question to make the determination if they want to stay at that price point or not.

Penetration/Promotional pricing, however, does occasionally drive consumer expectations in the wrong direction. There can be a jarring affect on the consumer when the price is "normalized."

But this isn't a new product.

It's a long established well known product with a pricing that has been consistant for almost 2 years.

It's not a promotion.

I've worked in retail for 10 years, and that's just not how it's done with long established products.

New products, sure.

Ugh, the Sconces drop individually? Damn, that was the one deco I was hoping to get a lot of rather than just aiming for one or two of.

Didn't get that one yet. I was more, taking a shot at the hutt sconce in the Underworld package...you know the green round one. I got *one*. I also think a pair of cages would be more useful, rather than one, but they are getting chintzy-er if that's a word.

Edited by Lunafox

Meh, they adjust prices (as someone else said) to see what the market will pay.

If it doesn't sell well, the prices will drop (sale on existing pack), and future pack sales as well.

If it sells, then the player base is willing to spend more than they have been... and as a business (whose end all goal is to make money (Profit is King... regardless of the product... it is all translated to $)). This is normal.

Its a business/finance decision, not a "dev" decision.

Edit: Personally, I don't buy many packs... a few here and there... but I have never purchased a hypercrate.

Edited by Drockter

It's a long established well known product with a pricing that has been consistant for almost 2 years.

It's not a promotion.

I've worked in retail for 10 years, and that's just not how it's done with long established products.

New products, sure.

I am talking about the promotion of GSH. I suspect the lower price point was used to bolster enjoyment and customer satisfaction with GSH.

Aaaaand that would only apply if they had changed the price frequently throughout the lifetime of the cartel packs.

But they haven't.

For nearly 2 years the price has remained steady.

You should really read your own wikipedia links before you post them.

Its still dynamic pricing. It doesn't matter if the first two years or so were steady. It can become dynamic AT ANY TIME. There are no hard and fast rules in this world.

I had stocked up on cartel coins (10k Monday night) in anticipation of getting 2 hypercrates. No doubt Bioware was expecting me to plunk down another $40 to absorb the price increase, and still get the two hypercrates.

Instead I just spent the coins I'd already bought; I chose instead to absorb the price increase by receiving less product (about 1.5 hypercrates), as I imagine quite a lot of people who had already bought CC in anticipation of the new packs (and expecting the 4.5k price) did.

If Bioware thinks they can make as much money with the new prices, there might be a bit of a flaw. I'd never really bought packs before GSH, only occasionally an armor set or something with coins saved from my sub/security key stipend. I bought the new shipment packs pretty much for the nice decorations (and got the centerpiece drop from each of the first two packs--the second shipment gave me 2 of the giant crystals too). But now with a 92% stronghold bonus, my decorating is almost filled out and what few individual items I still want, I'll just farm credits for on the GTN.

I think Bioware will find that a lot of people who had been spending beaucoup bucks on the new packs, and thus driving sales much higher than expected, are nearing saturation in terms of decorating. Which means that our capacity to absorb an increase back to the "historical" price is probably about to fall off a cliff. I'd consider buying another hypercrate next payday to fill out the remaining 8% at $40, but not for $60, especially when there's a substantial chance I'll get more of the same drops instead of new, unique ones.

I'm not upset or QQing about this. I'm just pointing out a headwind that Bioware might not be fully expecting when experimenting with the hypercrate prices.

I did get the altar of skulls, multiple ceiling tormented cages, and a very unusually high number of cartel certificates (10!) but no Revan statute. Given that patience will see me with Revan centerpiece statutes in 1.5 months anyway, not too concerned with the latter. I wasn't aware of the hunter's table or holo table until someone linked them upthread, and those will have to be GTN purchases for me.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

• Dev Post
I think we all enjoyed the lower pricing of the previous stronghold packs (210 CC vs 300 CC) for each pack and 4536 CC vs 6480 CC for the hypercrate. Is there a particular reason the prices were raised to the old higher prices for this pack?

Hey folks,

I talked with our team to get an answer to the adjusted price. The first thing to keep in mind is that our pack prices can fluctuate, both up and down. Even within a specific shipment, each pack is subject to its own pricing. In this case the pricing of the early packs in the shipment were at a reduced rate. Even though the price of the Seneschal’s Stronghold Pack is 300cc per pack, this is still cheaper than the standard pack pricing we had previously at 320cc per pack. I apologize for any confusion around pack pricing.

-eric

Hey folks,

I talked with our team to get an answer to the adjusted price. The first thing to keep in mind is that our pack prices can fluctuate, both up and down. Even within a specific shipment, each pack is subject to its own pricing. In this case the pricing of the early packs in the shipment were at a reduced rate. Even though the price of the Seneschal’s Stronghold Pack is 300cc per pack, this is still cheaper than the standard pack pricing we had previously at 320cc per pack. I apologize for any confusion around pack pricing.

-eric

Eric I think the previous pricing you had for the first 2 packs in this shipment were the best valued in terms of packs and hypercrates, and I know yall have yall's number but I think if you went back to that pricing more CC would be bought and spent.

Just my opinion from someone who loves the CM.

But now with a 92% stronghold bonus, my decorating is almost filled out and what few individual items I still want, I'll just farm credits for on the GTN.

I think Bioware will find that a lot of people who had been spending beaucoup bucks on the new packs, and thus driving sales much higher than expected, are nearing saturation in terms of decorating. Which means that our capacity to absorb an increase back to the "historical" price is probably about to fall off a cliff.

Theyr'e working on a new Stronghold, but my guess is it won't be that efficient to fight the saturation. Most people won't invest that much in a second one even less a third one but maybe as a bonus filler for conquest.

Now to prevent this instead or only adding new strongholds, they should add new rooms to existing ones.

• Who would not like to have a rancor filled cave or a Sith altar in the basement?
  • How about a crystal dome room on top of the building?

Adding more rooms would certainly make players want to open and furnish them

Edited by Deewe

Theyr'e working on a new Stronghold, but my guess is it won't be that efficient to fight the saturation. Most people won't invest that much in a second one even less a third one but maybe as a bonus filler for conquest.

Now to prevent this instead or only adding stronghold, they should add new rooms to existing ones.

• Who would not like to have a rancor filled cave or a Sith altar in the basement?

I'd like a Jabba type room for my Tat House with a staircase leading down to a rancor pit.

Now to prevent this instead or only adding new strongholds, they should add new rooms to existing ones.

They're working on a new stronghold? Where'd they say that? Last I heard they had said "no new strongholds with 3.0," which is when I unlocked Tatooine.

Ironically, the 5-rooms-free Nar Shaddaa stronghold was my third, not my first, because I wanted to go against the flood of everyone rushing for that one. I decorated Coruscant and DK first--but over time my third one has probably seen the most investment.

I'd love an actual docking bay/starship hook on the capital worlds though. Yes please expand existing strongholds too, maybe that would be a good way to fight decoration market saturation. :D

Hey folks,

-eric

Eric, whatever BioWare idea, at 300CC a pack or 6480CC a crate you guys are are hitting a psychological barrier. Especially as one has to buy more than 5500CC to get an hypercrate.

Then I looked at what I got from all the packs and honestly it ain't worth $60 i.e. a brand new AAA game.

You guys indeed got my $$$ but did not make a happy customer in the process.

So while I spent that much, I won't spend more, and felt a bit ripped off too.

Whereas with lower pricing I did not mind giving you more money to, hopefully, make a better game.

Again nobody forced me to buy the packs, still thing is I don't feel like it was a fair trade.

Finally, please enough with the Cybernetic gear, the Socorro weapons, and the pale dyes and plastic looking crystals.

Nobody wants them, they don't sell. I just trash them and it's frustrating to get that junk out of the packs.

As getting the reputation tokens instead of items when we are already caped or don't care about the items we can get from the reputation level.

Edited by Deewe

Hey folks,

-eric

I must say you would make a great politician. To say so much and not answer the question.

Yes I understand you guys can make the price whatever you want.....So....Just say that. lol

I must say you would make a great politician. To say so much and not answer the question.

Yes I understand you guys can make the price whatever you want.....So....Just say that. lol

Practicing in the meantime, before running for office.

Between saying something and nothing at all, the end-result would have been the same.

In other words, NEVER, EVER expect consistency when it comes to the Cartel Market; RNG is RNG. :rolleyes:

Hey folks,

-eric

A real classy non-answer there...

Hey folks,

-eric

Since cartel market prices are rising, it would be awfully nice if subscriber cartel coin rewards were increased greatly across the board.

Since cartel market prices are rising, it would be awfully nice if subscriber cartel coin rewards were increased greatly across the board.

^^^^^

They should anyway, to be honest. But I have always been against microtransactions which is why I sub in the first place.

Hey folks,

-eric

You realize that you haven't answered "why", right ? You've just stated that you can charge whatever you want for the packs, wich was never in question... so it bottom lines to "because we can", lol

Not that I'm actually for them raising the price or would be against them raising the allowance, but why would a CC need to increase if it was until the previous shipment that the price of cartel packs went down, and the previous iteration was 320 and still on the same 500 CC allowance?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.