Force Mobility looks pretty nifty, but...

Chicktopus

...I was rather hoping Force Mobility would apply to more than one ability per Discipline. I'd argue it should apply to the majority of casting abilities, and melee should be given additional gap-closers to balance things out on a PvP field. This could also allow for some more interesting boss mechanics in PvE.

With Force Mobility therefore being such a powerful tool, it would make sense to roll it in to the Advanced Classes themselves and replace the Utility power (because you'd basically always pick it), likewise melee's improved gap-closers would be rolled in to theirs as well. Does this seem like the kind of thing we may see in the future?

While it would be nice if it worked for more abilities, I'm just glad they're giving us something for mobile casting.

Who knows, maybe they'll add some more down the road after they see how they perform over a period of time.

Sadly they will not do anything that will remotely affect PvP negatively. In the stream the even warn it will go away if it becomes an issue in PvP. It would work perfectly fine in PvE and no reason for it to be a high level skill you have extremely limited points to take. In PvP if more powers were mobile it would devastate melee with how poorly they can balance it to begin with.

We have 4 other modes that get to suffer just because of PvP. I think this it the straw that breaks this camels back.

I play melee and I really wouldn't mind the whole mobile casting thing if we had more access to gap-closers and/or snares. Force pulls, Force leaps, Force slows, whatever. I'm not sure how more hardcore PvPers think this would affect balance. From a PvE perspective, it'd certainly make things more exciting.

We have 4 other modes that get to suffer just because of PvP. I think this it the straw that breaks this camels back.

OMG...you're whining is fantastic!!! You're so emotional it's almost convincing.

These are PvE changes guys, not PvP. But please, pretend it's all about PvP balance while ignoring the moronic builds of some PvEers, the OP builds of others and the group killing builds of some.

This is a PvE game first and foremost - to even pretend that these combat changes are because of PvP is just dumb.

OMG...you're whining is fantastic!!! You're so emotional it's almost convincing.

These are PvE changes guys, not PvP. But please, pretend it's all about PvP balance while ignoring the moronic builds of some PvEers, the OP builds of others and the group killing builds of some.

This is a PvE game first and foremost - to even pretend that these combat changes are because of PvP is just dumb.

Go watch the stream. If you already have you might try watching it again.

Go watch the stream. If you already have you might try watching it again.

There's a difference between keeping it in mind for PvP and doing it because of PvP. You gotta remember, just the day before that stream, Eric dropped the bomb that there would be no new PvP content in 3.0...he was appeasing them during the stream.

...I was rather hoping Force Mobility would apply to more than one ability per Discipline. I'd argue it should apply to the majority of casting abilities, and melee should be given additional gap-closers to balance things out on a PvP field. This could also allow for some more interesting boss mechanics in PvE.

With Force Mobility therefore being such a powerful tool, it would make sense to roll it in to the Advanced Classes themselves and replace the Utility power (because you'd basically always pick it), likewise melee's improved gap-closers would be rolled in to theirs as well. Does this seem like the kind of thing we may see in the future?

Well actually this is pretty interesting... but... but..

Now we will of course see more boss based on mobility and even PvP will do the same with the "purge cc"

I see really interesting thing on the way.

This is an half step to unbind "rotation game" and become a "dodge game" but the risk is to go to far and do something like GW2, or TERA and so on.

This is a good change and I can bet in year we will see this utility as "standard" just because every one will use it.

But I don't whant to see an introduction of dodge, skill, dodge...repeat.. in this game, operative are already nasty :p

So this change is welcome, but small step are welcome too... I don't to see this game becoming star wars: the new dodge... so small step, one by one and we will see.

Edited by Elminster_cs

...I was rather hoping Force Mobility would apply to more than one ability per Discipline. I'd argue it should apply to the majority of casting abilities, and melee should be given additional gap-closers to balance things out on a PvP field.

This is why they don't let players make game balance decisions.

LOL, the combat changes and class balance stuff are ALWAYS mainly because of PVP. You think they are getting rid of the ability to cleanse DoTs and instead adding cleansing of stuns to benefit PVE instead of PVP? They admitted in the stream that the whole purpose of the change to disciplines was to squash hybrid builds because they can't effectively test every hybrid build to keep class balance. You think they were worried that people are leveling up too fast with hybrid builds rather than making PVP balance that much harder due to hybrid builds? Come on, get real. Class balance issues are almost always PVP-related.