Affection and side points cap

Tobytja

Hi,

my suggestion is this:

When you reach 10 000 affection points with a companion, or 5 000 points in dark/light side, you can't gain any more, but you can lose them. That's nonsense, why is it possible to lose and not gain? In case of affection points it doesn't matter that much, but if you have an item, that is usable only by dark/light V, it causes problems. Now I am FORCED to select dark/light choices, regardless of what I want. I don't always select blindly, sometimes I consider the other choice better suited for my character.

So please either remove the cap and allow to continue collection those points further on, or lock it in place once the limit is reached.

I agree, it makes no sense. At least when it comes to companion affection, I can only assume that the loss of even a few points bumps them down to a lower "bracket" thereby lowering their crew skill bonuses.

As for alignment, there should be a toggle that locks it at the top position. Making it autolock would probably make some players angry because they can't reverse what they've done so far. Choice is always better.

I agree, it makes no sense. At least when it comes to companion affection, I can only assume that the loss of even a few points bumps them down to a lower "bracket" thereby lowering their crew skill bonuses.

As for alignment, there should be a toggle that locks it at the top position. Making it autolock would probably make some players angry because they can't reverse what they've done so far. Choice is always better.

Yeah, I forgot affection influences crew skills performance. So even here it does matter.

The toggle idea is a good one. I think, because only few people want to reverse their characters from dark to light or vice versa, the toggle should be locked on default and possible to unlock.

You're not forced to do anything. You're not even forced to play the game.

Here's hoping you're joking/trolling.

Yes I am forced to do that. This is so narrow-minded argument… I want to play the game you silly man. That's why we are all here, you know? Maybe it didn't occur to you yet, but really. We are all here, because we want to play the game. And if I want to play the game, I am forced to do decisions for my character like this, because of the stupid rule of not gaining, but losing only.

You're not forced to do anything. You're not even forced to play the game.

Here's hoping you're joking/trolling.

Hate to break it to ya, bud, but you're the only one trolling here. Yes, "being forced" is a bad choice of words, but any person of average intelligence understands the point. He is "forced" to do certain things IF he wants to maintain full Light/Dark alignment, which shouldn't be necessary.

The real problem is the game sometimes doesn't even tell you when you are gaining or losing companion affection. This usually coincides with the times when you are gaining/losing affection with a companion when they are not even with you. That is pretty BS right there. But yes, it would be solved by locking you at 10k affection once you hit it. IMO, hitting 10k should be the END of the companion affection minigame, permanently. You should no longer have to give a crap what your companion thinks at that point.

I think a good solution would be to allow you to overcap your affection / light side / dark side. Perhaps allow LS/DS to go up to 6,000 and affection to go up to 11,000, with the extra 1,000 points providing no extra reward or achievement, and serving only as a buffer. Edited by PredatorZeroAAAA