One free advanced class change as mitigation for revamping classes

Deewe

Honestly if they were going this way I would have preferred they go the whole way and get rid of ACs all together. Let path, utility, and gear choice dictate it. Its like the weapon restrictions on some powers, it all makes no sense. ACs are also a bigger root of balance issues than the actual individual trees. You have the classes fighting themselves for balance even before you try vs the other classes.

some ability animations for abilities are synced to the weapons, so with different weapons, the animation for a regular lightsaber on a Sith Juggernaut for instance wouldn't match up for a double light saber and would make it look like the character is slicing himself just as much as his opponent.

Personally if it were my choice I would wield 2 double bladed lightsaber, one in each hand, on a Jedi Guardian and just tear s*** up, but I realize that with the animations and intended design that will likely never be possible. But really though, how awesome would it be if we could wield 2 double bladed lightsabers at once that would be epic!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A fair amount of animations could easily be repurposed. A warrior's "Impale" animation would perfectly fit the assassin's "Maul" ability if the latter should choose to use a single-handed lightsaber, for instance. A lot of the ranged weapons would need no work for most abilities. And judging by what was shown in the stream yesterday, they're clearly capable of making new ability/weapon animations. But neither AC changes or freedom of choice in weapons seem to be remotely near the developers' minds so I don't think we need to contemplate how viable either thing is for implementation. If there's no will, there's no way.

Man, some people will say anything to get what they want, regardless of how unpopular it is.

It's actually quite fascinating.

I hope you have evidence to support that blanket statement.

There have been some concerns brought which can be mitigated with the 3.0 skill changes and current XP boost.

I can't wait to see the rest of the live streams so I can decide how to switch my AC's around. I hope they announce details of the AC switch soon.

Correct me if I am wrong, but did Eric not post in these forums that the introduction of disciplines would NOT allow players to change their class (AC)? Did theynot make a statement in the live stream that players would not be able to change their class (AC) and that your choice of class (AC) is permanent and cannot be undone?

Correct me if I am wrong, but did Eric not post in these forums that the introduction of disciplines would NOT allow players to change their class (AC)? Did theynot make a statement in the live stream that players would not be able to change their class (AC) and that your choice of class (AC) is permanent and cannot be undone?

you are completely correct they did not say at any point there would be an advanced class change, we don't even know if its possible, we only saw the dev picking his advanced class on the stream because he was starting out with a level 9 before leveling it up quickly in order to show us. Yeah, no advanced class change, and again its uneccessary, the skill points, or should I say discipline points, system has changed, not the roles, most of the abilities are either still there or have been revamped and renamed, but it all goes toward the same effect as before.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.