The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Starkiller in Star Wars:Rebels

InfernalAsian

What is everyone's thoughts on how TFU and TFU II stack up in the "new canon?" does anyone think that Disney will put Starkiller in the show or will they just write him off and say he never existed? Just curious to everyone's thoughts, he's my favorite EU character ( the novel version anyway).

I seriously doubt we see Star Killer make any appearances in Rebels. My personal hope would be that Star Killer remains stuck in legends and forgotten in any future projects. I liked the Force Unleashed games, but the story and the character of Star Killer was utter trash in my opinion. However, if he does make any kind of future appearance in any form, I'd be happy for his fans. Edited by CaulderBenson

I hope they never add him to Rebels or any other canon material. Starkiller was one of the worst characters ever created.

Yep, he's never going to appear on Rebels. Something which I suspect will go for most of the EU characters.

Maybe some of the incredibly popular ones will get revised at some point, but most will probably remain "Legends".

I hope they never add him to Rebels or any other canon material. Starkiller was one of the worst characters ever created.

I didn't think he was that bad. I absolutely loved the game itself though. I really wish someone would pick up that game and make a new one.

Originally, Starkiller and the story around Force Unleashed was considered canon and approved by Lucas. Here's a video where this is mentioned. There are other articles out there that state the same (there was a Time magazine article at one point).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66vVBcKas3A

Obviously, with Rebels, they have reset the time period between EpIII and EpIV. Can't blame them.

What is everyone's thoughts on how TFU and TFU II stack up in the "new canon?" does anyone think that Disney will put Starkiller in the show or will they just write him off and say he never existed? Just curious to everyone's thoughts, he's my favorite EU character ( the novel version anyway).

The Force Unleashed is now a Legends (i.e. non-canon) compilation. Its canon status was threatened even before then, though, when stuff in The Clone Wars started overwriting plot points from the first game.

The Force Unleashed and Starkiller was never canon in the first place. Lucas never considered anything canon that he didn't do himself. That means only the movies and the Clone Wars was canon.

Originally, Starkiller and the story around Force Unleashed was considered canon and approved by Lucas. Here's a video where this is mentioned. There are other articles out there that state the same (there was a Time magazine article at one point).

You're confused. The story was never canon. The only thing they said about "canon" in the video is that Jedi in general are part of the SW canon. Just because Lucas had to sign off on it, doesn't meant it was canon. Lucas had to approve most EU stuff because he didn't want people killing off certain characters or doing certain things with them. He wanted the stuff to be consistent with his vision of things. But video games, books and other EU things were never considered part of the SW "bible" and they were always subject to being changed by him.

Edited by JimG