• Can't respec in WZ
  • Can respec in OP
  • No respec during combat ;)
  • Can't save templates
  • No Quick slot skills save/load
  • No key binding save/load
  • No gear swapping
  • No gear stored in separate placeholders

At least they mentioned they might look into dual, (hopefully multi) spec in the future.

Because Dulfy does it better than everyone <clicky>

Edited by Deewe

Can't respec in OP

For this one I'm fairly sure they just meant during an actual raid encounter. Otherwise, people would just leave instance, respec, and reload when they needed to respec.

The outrage would be glorious, and it would get changed soon after release.

if im playing carnage and i want to spec smash during combat while being heal by treek i can, when 3.0 hits i won't be able to do that? why no clue...this disease is spreading from pvp into pve for no reason..no one asked for this change :mad::mad:

if im playing carnage and i want to spec smash during combat while being heal by treek i can, when 3.0 hits i won't be able to do that? why no clue...this disease is spreading from pvp into pve for no reason..no one asked for this change :mad::mad:

You can combat respec? I've never actually tried or had a need for that, but IMO that sounds like something that's not intended.

I can't wait to see how this turns out. Maybe just wait and see if you like the changes before getting worked up. You don't even need to purchase the xpac to play with the changes.

Some very good questions here.

1. Will respeccing be possible at all in OP or will people who leave the zone, or the group, then respec won't be able to come back in?
  2. Is getting the field respec mandatory for respeccing or will the fleet mentor still do the trick?
  3. Then what would be the timer, if any, on respeccing?

1. Will respeccing be possible at all in OP or will people who leave the zone, or the group, then respec won't be able to come back in?
  2. Is getting the field respec mandatory for respeccing or will the fleet mentor still do the trick?

I believe they answered 2...If you don't buy the field respec legacy unlock, you can still go to fleet.

They answered all of these on stream. In OP, not in fights. Fleet mentor still there. No timer.

As per the twitch.tv livestream

• Can't respec in OP

This is incorrect.

Here is the transcript of the conversation from the Live Stream, starting at 37:53.

Eric: "Can you switch out of combat if you're in a boss fight, like in PvE, for Disciplines change? I would bet the rules are probably going to be the same as they are now, for respeccing your talent trees."

David: "Yeah, so if you're out of combat we should let you change. Basically, if you're out of combat, and you're not in a Warzone, you can just change. Now...how it's currently coded may not be this way, but you shouldn't be able to change in combat or out of combat during an active raid encounter, so, because if you could, right, let's say you're an Assassin and you vanish, well you're out of combat and the rest of your raid isn't but you switch to tank and you're like, 'Oh, I'm a tank' and nobody else in your raid can switch because they're all stuck in combat. So that wouldn't be fair. So basically, active raid states and in combat, you won't be able to switch your Discipline."

I believe that "active raid states and in combat" is the key, meaning "your team is currently engaged in a boss fight," not simply "in a raid instance." This is exactly how the "Return to Area Start" option is currently implemented.

Edited by Levram

^^^ this was never intended, ever. This will be fixed with Disciplines. You can and will be able to respec in Ops, just not during the fights. Even if you cloak out you still will not be able to respec. Respecing for Subs is free ONLY if you already purchased the legacy field respec as it is now.

Edited by Larsenex

I believe that "active raid states and in combat" is the key, meaning "your team is currently engaged in a boss fight," not simply "in a raid instance." This is exactly how the "Return to Area Start" option is currently implemented.

This is how I read it too. If you're out of combat between pulls, everyone is just standing around discussing strats, you can respec then. As soon as you pull, you can no longer respec.

^^^ this was never intended, ever. This will be fixed with Disciplines. You can and will be able to respec in Ops, just not during the fights. Even if you cloak out you still will not be able to respec. Respecing for Subs is free ONLY if you already purchased the legacy field respec as it is now.

Respeccing is ALWAYS free for subs. You just have to go to the trainer if you don't have field respec.

As per the twitch.tv livestream

• No multi (nor even dual) specs
  • Need respec field perk to be able to respec anywhere
  • Respeccing is free for subs
  • No cool down on respec
  • Can't respec in WZ
  • Can respec in OP
  • No respec during combat ;)
  • Can't save templates
  • No Quick slot skills save/load
  • No key binding save/load
  • No gear swapping
  • No gear stored in separate placeholders

At least they mentioned they might look into dual, (hopefully multi) spec in the future.

Because Dulfy does it better than everyone <clicky>

(Emphasis mine)

These should probably be addressed by Bioware, and frankly I assumed that the new Discipline system would allow them to implment the above.

So if I unlocked Field Respec on all my toons (which I have), then I'm assuming Field Respec will now be usable were I to go Preferred/F2P?

Guess so but then you have to pay for the respects as not subbed anymore.